Worlds Finest Podcast Insights, Thoughts, and random stuff

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do lists during your DCAU retrospective in Episode 100 a la For Your Ears Only, could you please do one on the greatest douchebags in the DCAU? There are a lot of them:

John Stewart

Mento

Superman whenever dealing with Jax-Ur and Mala

Gil Mason (the guy who tried to overthrow Jim Gordon AND bed his daughter in "Shadow of the Bat")

Richie's Dad

Val-Yor

Tony Zucco

A character we'd all like to forget from Batman Beyond

Most of the scientific community of the Zeta Project

I'm probably missing a few others...

I was also thinking of adding the Ambiguously Ga--I mean, Specs and Trapper

Livewire, Willy Watt, and Bucky are just annoying, not outright douchebags; they belong in a separate category

one who I forgot was Ronny Boxer, the one who abused and trained Ace as a fighting dog ("Ace in the Hole")

This video gives us a solid time line for when batman beyond takes place: 2039, does that mean JLU takes place in 1989?

My link

and this video reminds me why I love BTAS, I remember when I was a wee tot how incredible it was to take in the show, as I was only 2 when it aired, so I actually started avidly watching in the KidsWb days. I remember I set the VCR to record the Demon's Quest, and I later taped the other 2 Ra's al Ghul episodes on to it. (The WB store used to sell vhs tapes focusing on each character. I had the Batman, Robin, and Riddler tapes but I was pissed their wasn't a Ra's one. This may be the best promo ever, it makes me miss staying up late (or what seemed late to me at the time) to watch Toonami.

How COULD it take place in 1989? The technology, especially the computers, are WAY too advanced for that.

We may need to add categories for this. I can see how a genocidal machine can be considered the worst douchebag of all time, but Slade tried to kill the Titans, beat the hell out of Terra when she came to him in fear, and HELPED SUMMON THE DEVIL! At the very least, he deserves to be the biggest human douchebag.

I figured the biggest douchebag would be a guy doing something shitty just because he can. Braniac is following programming, so I don't see him counting. Real douchebags are guys like Mandrigora, who just gets off on irritating and intimidating people.

I take back what I said about Slade

douchebags do little things like casually have the Graysons murdered (Tony Zucco), are hard on people for no good God damn reason (Mento, John Stewart, the scientific community of the Zeta Project) or are just overtly racist (Richie's dad, Val-Yor); they are not the same as evil bastards like Slade, Brainiac, Darkseid, Luthor, and the Joker, who take it a step further and murder thousands of people

is there a logo for the DCAU? like something that says The DC Animated Universe or something?

I don't think anything exists like that. I've always thought the "DCAU" was kind of informal, especially since they never really intended for it to be a tight continuity thing. I mean sure you had the Batman-Superman crossovers to kick start the idea of a DCAU, but no one actually came out and said "Yeah, this is going to be the way it is."

I mean I'm pretty sure the informal ambiguity is the reason for all the debate over the Titans being part of the DCAU proper rather than being a show about these characters, and not necessarily a part of the bigger picture, just because certain talent and production companies crossed over.

• 1 month later...
Guest TFG1Mike

I'm putting this here because I haven't finished listening to 85-86..... I know you guys wanna finish by the target date you set. However wouldn't it be awesome to finish on the date you started the show 4/25?