annericelover

Forget Man of Steel, WB To Adapt a Darker Reboot of Superman

There is a video at the link. Is he really drinking a beer in a comic book store?

He's from Glasgow. He needs to keep a certain blood alcohol level or he'll turn English.

By that logic, I should be a Scotsman.....

No, you're an alcoholic. The difference being you don't wear a skirt.

There is a video at the link. Is he really drinking a beer in a comic book store?

He's from Glasgow. He needs to keep a certain blood alcohol level or he'll turn English.

You told me it was a kilt!

Ironic who gives a shit fact: I'm Glaswegian and don't drink.....

Not on weekdays, at least.

ON TOPIC: If one person from Superman Returns......returns, I'd hope it'd be Routh. He seriously did a good job with what he was given.

Taken from darkhorizons.com

Millar's "Superman" Trilogy Plans

By Garth Franklin

Thursday, October 30th 2008 12:19am

Since the success of the film "Wanted", which bared little relation to his original comic, Mark Millar has been boastful in interviews about his pitch for a new take on "Superman" that he and a 'big-Hollywood action director' will shortly be making to Warner Bros. Pictures.

Now, talking with Empire Online, he revealed some new details about his ambitious eight-hour screen story which "will follow the entire life of Kal-El."

Millar says the plan will be one saga in three parts, each film released a year apart. Millar says ""It's gonna be like Michael Corleone in the Godfather films, the entire story from beginning to end, you see where he starts, how he becomes who he becomes, and where that takes him."

So that will involve what exactly? "I want to start on Krypton, a thousand years ago, and end with Superman alone on Planet Earth, the last being left on the planet, as the yellow sun turns red and starts to supernova, and he loses his powers."

I need to find Millar's dealer.

Action Comics and All Star are actually making me a fan of Superman for the first time ever, so yeah, I had some hopes for this.

You'd think the guy that wrote Red Son would have a better idea than that, but I tend to loathe Millar in general.

I am really not sure about this idea.

I'm not saying this because of this week's column, but I've always felt that Superman was one of those rare comic characters that worked far better on TV than in films.

Millar's idea doesn't mean shit because he's not doing it. He talks. That's all he does.

He will not be writing the next Superman film because they would have asked him for a draft by now. he's trying to keep himself tied to the property.

Brandon Routh talking about the darkness of The Dark Knight, and whether Superman should take the same tone:

IESB: A lot of people don't think Superman can be that dark, or that you could make such a dark Superman film.

BR: I don't know, I don't think the character necessarily has to be darker, I think he is kind of dark in a sense, emotional dark, in Superman Returns, and the movie as a whole was slightly dark, they could have had more prowess in it I suppose, and I think that's one thing that can be done in the sequel, so I don't know how much darker you want to make it necessarily. You make the stakes higher, you make the villain darker, I think that's a way to do it. But I don't think Superman himself needs to be darker. He definitely has to struggle, how does Superman be a part of the world? And does he have to make sacrifices to be a part of that world? To fit in and what purpose does he really play in the world? Those are all kind of dark places to explore. But, I don't think Superman should ever be dark and brooding, that's not is nature. And that's now what people what to see. Like Brainiac or something like that, a situation when the villain is...

IESB: Would that be a good, if you had a choice is that the villain you'd like to see in the next Superman?

BR: I think it would certainly be interesting, I think there are a lot of things you could do with Brainiac. He's been given a lot of power and a lot of different abilities over the years in the comics, as far as I understand. I know that DC is working on a Brainiac storyline that they are excited about and I think combining the two and have that flow between the comics and the movie would be a nice thing. I honestly think there are a lot of interesting things you can do with Brainiac. Controlling people, controlling technology, a lot of cool things.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...1&Itemid=99

Routh does get it, which is why I really want to see him get another shot. He's very open and up front about his feelings as to what was wrong with the first movie, which is that Superman never got to fucking hit anything.