Batman: Arkham Asylum

George W.

Guest DCAUFan1051
A couple of new trailers are up highlighting some of the villains. Bane and Harley Quinn are currently up. Arleen Sorkin is the voice of Harley (yes!) and has a new costume. It's kinda hot but also bothers me since it plays like fan service. I hate to see what Ivy will look like if she's in the game. Then again, if Ivy is in the game, Harley and Ivy team fight. Still, as a Harley fan boy, I am so fraking excited for this.

I can't wait either it looks like from the footage that it's a dark DC Animated Universe game. The reason I say that is the fact they've gotten most of the DCAU actors/actresses back to play the voices. wayyy cool.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of new trailers are up highlighting some of the villains. Bane and Harley Quinn are currently up. Arleen Sorkin is the voice of Harley (yes!) and has a new costume. It's kinda hot but also bothers me since it plays like fan service. I hate to see what Ivy will look like if she's in the game. Then again, if Ivy is in the game, Harley and Ivy team fight. Still, as a Harley fan boy, I am so fraking excited for this.

I assume it will be the version of Ivy where there are leaves covering her naughty bits and not much else.

the $100 version of Arkham Asylum will include a 14" replica Batarang modeled after the weapon from the game. Also lined up for the bundle are an Arkham doctor's 48-page, leather-jacketed journal detailing some of the Asylum's more criminally insane residents, as well as a behind the scenes DVD, and a code to download the exclusive "Crime Alley" challenge map.

1239304350k.th.jpg

I preordered it today. The guy asked if I wanted the collectors or original I asked what was in it. He said "it costs 100 buck, but wait. It comes with a 14 inch batarang". I said "shit, they knew what to put in there to get me to buy it. I'll take it".

the $100 version of Arkham Asylum will include a 14" replica Batarang modeled after the weapon from the game. Also lined up for the bundle are an Arkham doctor's 48-page, leather-jacketed journal detailing some of the Asylum's more criminally insane residents, as well as a behind the scenes DVD, and a code to download the exclusive "Crime Alley" challenge map.

1239304350k.th.jpg

I preordered it today. The guy asked if I wanted the collectors or original I asked what was in it. He said "it costs 100 buck, but wait. It comes with a 14 inch batarang". I said "shit, they knew what to put in there to get me to buy it. I'll take it".

Dang, and I was going to try and save money also. Well, it is a batarang. Damn, these collector's versions are made for gullible fanboys like us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
With the exception of a mini-series about the same time as the movie, she usually wears just the white dress with the skulls or some kind of leather outfit. It hasn't been updated since 2004, but here's a costume gallery of Mystique.

I meant Poison Ivy, actually.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Mystique's movie "costume" at all. Reptilian skin=/=hot.

With the exception of a mini-series about the same time as the movie, she usually wears just the white dress with the skulls or some kind of leather outfit. It hasn't been updated since 2004, but here's a costume gallery of Mystique.

I meant Poison Ivy, actually.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Mystique's movie "costume" at all. Reptilian skin=/=hot.

Oh, okay. Yeah, in the comics, her costume is anything from a green, leafy leotard to some strategically placed leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

I get a sense of Killing Joke from this, in the designs for Joker and Bats. Opening cinematic is intriguing.

Gameplay footage as Joker is a little eh, I don't like the random dramatic slowdowns, and the camera seems a bit Kingdom Hearts esque in that it's constantly changing angles and making me vaguely nauseous.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know Paul Dini wrote the script.

I hope they have Victor Zsasz, just for a cut scene of him making a cut for killing guards, and saying he had none space right on his wrist for Batman.

But this game looks good, but has anyone else thought that the Joker looks like a mix of Nicholson and Ledgers Jokers.

The outfit and look of Nicholson and the disheveled hair and feel of the character from Ledger, or was that just me who saw they might have used them as Joker models.

• 2 weeks later...