Batman: Arkham Asylum

George W.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely wasn't going to buy it because I try not to buy games as they come out, especially 3rd person perspective games since the quality is so variable. Now I've seen the trailer. Damn you gaming gods, I'm trying to save money and you throw everything you have at me in a few short months!

I absolutely wasn't going to buy it because I try not to buy games as they come out, especially 3rd person perspective games since the quality is so variable. Now I've seen the trailer. Damn you gaming gods, I'm trying to save money and you throw everything you have at me in a few short months!

See, I was the same, but try the demo, I don't like having to pay £40-£50 per game, but this changed my mind. True I'm trading in a lot of games as a helper.

• 2 weeks later...

I just played through the demo and really liked it. The mechanics seem solid but even better is the atmosphere. All the main voices from the DCAU Batman, plus the music is a really cool mix of the tension soundtrack to Dark Knight and the classic refrains of the animated series/Tim Burton films. I may only rent this but I'm sure I'll enjoy a couple of evenings with it.

Played it for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday. My friend bought it for his 360 and I went over and played it. I really liked it. It's a lot of fun. The game varies up the gameplay quite nicely, giving you combat sections, stealth sections, detective sections and huge set pieces where you can approach the situation whichever way you want.

The pacing is a little bit off, sometimes there were long 15 minute stretches where I didn't do anything really. The intro is way too long and overextended. But it was a fun ride, hopefully I'll be able to get a chance to play it in the privacy of my own home and I can pay more attention to everything, instead of having people talking around me and to me.