Batman: Arkham Asylum

George W.

I just finished it. I loved it, but do have some minor gripes.

1) The game, as a whole, was stupidly easy. I died one time playing on normal, and it was on purpose to see what would happen in the Bane fight (and it didn't disappoint).

2) The boss fights are way too similar. The only unique one was Croc, and it actually borderlined on annoying with all the time it took.

3) The ending is literally about one minute long. I'm not expecting a Metal Gear cut-scene or anything, but they could not have possibly made the climax more of a throwaway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the dust settled on the beginning of this year's Video Game Awards on Spike, the first surprise announcement was the revelation that Batman: Arkham Asylum would get a sequel.

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 presumably continues where the original critically acclaimed Rocksteady title left off, and was revealed via diabolical plot from Batman's Nemesis The Joker. Attempting to gas those in attendance, Mark Hamill's threatening vocals reverberated throughout the audience revealing a sequel people "didn't expect." After smashing through sales charts and the assumptions that all licenced titles are crap, we expected nothing less. Take that, Joker!

Source

Trailer at the source.

A sequel worries me.

So it's Joker unexpectedly taking over the asylum... again?

Meaning, the same exact locations? Even if you want to say that there will be new parts to explore, it can't differ that much from the first.

Secondly, can we have a main baddie other than Joker for once? Please?

Did you watch the video dubs? It starts off at the Asylum, then zooms out to show the city behind. Then it follows through some ravaged streets and eventually reaches the Joker, who’s watching over a decrepit theme park.

It looks like they’re running with the idea that Gotham itself is now the asylum, because it’s being run by the Joker.

Not that I don’t agree with you about the Joker being the main villain again.

Did you watch the video dubs? It starts off at the Asylum, then zooms out to show the city behind. Then it follows through some ravaged streets and eventually reaches the Joker, whos watching over a decrepit theme park.

It looks like theyre running with the idea that Gotham itself is now the asylum, because its being run by the Joker.

Not that I dont agree with you about the Joker being the main villain again.

I really like this idea.

Two problems, Joker shouldn't be the main villian, also, Mark Hamill said he retired from being the Joker, not that I'd be mad if he came back.

The start of the first game, Gotham looked really good, and if you get to ride the Batmobile, sold.

From the video, it looks more like the Ledger Joker, with his paint streaming off his face.

Link to new site.

Did you watch the video dubs? It starts off at the Asylum, then zooms out to show the city behind. Then it follows through some ravaged streets and eventually reaches the Joker, who’s watching over a decrepit theme park.

It looks like they’re running with the idea that Gotham itself is now the asylum, because it’s being run by the Joker.

Not that I don’t agree with you about the Joker being the main villain again.

Honestly, everything was so dark I could barely tell what was going on outside of the part with Joker in the chair.

I think it would be great if the game starts with you going after Joker, you beat him quickly, and then realize someone else (like... the RIDDLER!) is behind everything. Not gonna happen, but a guy can dream.

Venom was in two video games, and it was as an ally both times.

He wasn't in the animated series that much at all.

He wasn't in a movie until 2007 and it was in homogenized form.

I wasn't talking about the comics when talking about the overuse of Joker.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I hated in the end how Joker

juices himself with the titan serum.

but I would love if they make this sequel free roam, like the first, but also in the style of the Spider-man 2 & 3 games, where crimes kind of spring up that require immediate attention. From the looks, their will be plenty of criminals to put down.

But free roam around Gotham City as the goddamn Batman???? Who wouldn't LOVE THAT????

I don't necessarily think that Bats needs him. But that's debatable. I just don't find the character that interesting, in all honesty. Oh, he's crazy! I get it. This somehow makes people that could disintegrate him with a mere thought run in terror from a lanky guy in a suit. If he was never used outside of the main Batman universe, it would be a different story.

If he's not overrated, then he's at the very least overused, and I really don't think they'd make him the focus of the trailer unless he was a significant part of the game.`

Yeah, but how often are they used, comparatively?

Joker's just about the only Bat-villain that ever goes outside of that universe, and when he does, it usually involves a bunch of his fellow villains giving him verbal fellatio.