PowerGlove and other crazy accessories

Missy

Other than special game controllers, I've never bought anything out of the ordinary. The most outrageous one I've seen, however, was this mat that you would set on the floor and stand on, in order to play fighting games by doing the moves yourself. I'd never use one for fear of looking like an idiot.

The most outrageous one I've seen, however, was this mat that you would set on the floor and stand on, in order to play fighting games by doing the moves yourself.

Mat for fighting games? Are you sure you don't mean the DDR dance pad?

I've got a PowerGlove that I found at Goodwill a long while ago... weird thing is, it's not set up for the NES. The connection at the end of the cord is for a serial port or something.

I had the power pad when I was a kid (remember the big DDR pad lookin' thing that had twelve buttons on it, all blue or red?) I kicked ass at the long jump on NES Track and Field.... I had a couch on one side, so I could jump and support my own weight for a couple seconds before landing. I'd jump like 40'.

I also own three (!) PlayStation DDR pads. One is mutilated to the point it's almost unusable, because the first time we modded our pads, we just strapped them to some wood instead of padding them, and after about six months, the plastic on the back of the pad itself completely shredded. We've since re-modded them with carpet fragments between the wood and the pads, and that's working out much better for us.

I want the Samba de Amigo maracas, but I can't justify the outrageous prices they run on ebay, and I've got the SeaMan microphone for my Dreamcast.

drq

I had the power pad when I was a kid (remember the big DDR pad lookin' thing that had twelve buttons on it, all blue or red?) I kicked ass at the long jump on NES Track and Field.... I had a couch on one side, so I could jump and support my own weight for a couple seconds before landing. I'd jump like 40'.

Man, I used to remember my older brother playing with this thing. He couldn't run on it (something about my parents believing we'd break the floor or something) so he just slap his hands on the pads really fast. He always came in first in that Olympic race game thing that came with the power pad.

Also, he wants to get the Steering Wheel for the PS2 when GT4 comes out. But, he said the same thing when GT3 came out.

After reading through that linked page, I've come to the conclusion that I was a spoiled bastard. Of the accessories listed on that site I had:

The UForce

LaserScope

Game Genie

The Power Glove (of course)

Ones I had that weren't listed on that site:

Mario Paint and the mouse

Bazooka -- what was the name of this thing? It was a bazooka light gun.