What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. The lead character looks like Stephanie McMahon, is this some lost WWE films project? It's complete shit but oddly watchable. It's like a lost 90's kids tv show.

The emotions these people are displaying seem to bear no relation to the dialogue.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. The lead character looks like Stephanie McMahon, is this some lost WWE films project? It's complete shit but oddly watchable. It's like a lost 90's kids tv show.

The emotions these people are displaying seem to bear no relation to the dialogue.

The sequel has Urkel and the line, "This shark has just went nuclear." It's also a piece of shit but that's beside the point.

Done with the first series of Red Dwarf and I kind of have to wonder: why is Cat here?

I mean, he's extremely one note and has literally nothing to do those first six episodes.

He is the character in the show who can't carry his own episode, fortunately he'll never have to. That being said, he does become far more integrated than he is in the first series, he's more enjoyable at that point. He's a good counterpoint to Kryten and Rimmer, someone as laid back as Lister is.

Rescue Dawn: I'm a big Christian Bale fan and so I'm trying to make an effort to see one of the many non-blockbuster films he's done. In this one, he plays a real-life US POW who successfully escapse from a Vietnam prison camp. Both Bale and Steve Zahn are incredible in this film as the latter half is all about them. The meat of the film is fantastic, although the opener smacks of being directed by an auteur film-maker (Werner Herzog) and the ending is a bit too Hollywood. Overall though, it's a very absorbing film and very different to other Nam films like Platoon.

I can now see a big part of the reason Red Dwarf "Back to Earth" is so disliked.

The entire plot is lifted almost wholesale from Series 5 episode "Back to Reality".

It was actually the very first bit of Red Dwarf that I'd ever seen, and what got me to finally sit down and watch the entire show.

I'm up the start of Series 6, and I'm starting to see how it was a bit of a slap in the face to people.

Finished Community Season 2.

The Halloween episode trumps the season finale.

The Halloween episode was good, but that 2-part finale... man, it wins. It so totally wins.

I mean, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbYi6ci7xXw. Seriously.

Now now, I think we can all agree that any episode that has Annie dressing in sexy outfits is great.

edit- Wait, the Red Riding Hood outfit was tame. Fistful of Paintballs wins!

For me, and I know I'm in the minority so it's cool, I thought the finale wasn't as compelling as "Modern Warfare." Episodes like "Epidemiology," "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas," and "Paradigms of Human Memory" were more creative and interesting to me than an attempt to do one of their episodes bigger and better. Not that it's bad or anything, I just think they did better episodes that season.

Okay, they do six full series teasing Kochanski and what we finally get is... this?

I'm about four episodes into series 7 and I already hate this woman.

And why do only the odd numbered episodes have a laugh track? It's freaking me out.