What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

I love the fact that halfway through IKWYDLS the evil murderous psycho stops to give SMG a much better haircut. As though he's like "I know you killed me and dumped my body and I really do want revenge but unless I give you something with a little style to it then people are really just going to be on my side when I finally get around to gutting you."

I also love how Freddie Prinze Jr's job as a fisherman in no way impedes his ability to have really great hair. Must be all that salt water and fishguts giving it hold and shine.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on I still know and what the hell was the reason for the killings in IKWYDLS and the reason he kills in the sequel.

Watched part of Rambo tonight, it's alright, horribly violent, trying to watch it again later.

Also I just watched the entire season of Brasseye, The Paedophile special was the best thing ever.

We must catch this man who dresses up as a school to kidnap kids.

Yes, we must. This man really is a shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently watching Wall-E.... on my NEW 32" LCD flatscreen TV! Thank you work Christmas bonus for co-financing this venture, it makes everything so damn pretty. The visible area of widescreen films is literally like, four times bigger than my old 20" 4:3 screen. I'dalso like to thank Richer Sounds for being a UK electronics franchise that DOESN'T try to rape you. 5 year guarantee for 10% extra on the price is pretty fair and the staff there actually know what the are talkng about, not to mention the genuine discounts they offer compared with currys or comet.

Wall-E's awesome too, I think it might be the best film of the year. I've seen it about 5 times since I got it for Christmas.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman

I recently ordered all 4 seasons on DVD, but only got seasons 2-4 so far dunno why Season 1 was shipped separately. Anyways I love this show the people that play the main characters are the best ones on TV. Dean Cain pulls off Clark and Superman nicely, Teri Hatcher's Lois has the babbling and sticktoitiveness of Lois, Justin Whalin as Jimmy was great too even though he wasn't the original Jimmy in the series. And the late great Lane Smith really owns the role of Perry White. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

Still watching the Lois & Clark DVD's but I had a thought that crossed into S: TAS territory. In Episode 7 of the 2nd Season of L&C some scientist manipulates DNA to get 1930's gangsters to the real life today metropolis. Well in a nightclub scene they shoot clark and he had to fake being dead or else everyone would know he's superman.... I know the 2nd season of L&C was 2 years before S: TAS even aired but could this be where Timm and Co got the idea for the episode The Late Mr. Kent? or has this type of storyline happened in the comics before?

I'm loving watching this show again. :D

Picked up seasons One and Two of Justice Leauge Unlimited, I've seen most the episodes before, but catching some here and there that are fresh is wonderful. Romano's casting has gotten even better since BTAS, with huge pickups like John C. McGinley (The Atom, sounded EXACTLY like Dr. Cox in his Dark Heart appearance. Warren Ellis wrote the scene with Atom and his lab assistant like he was Bill Lawerence.), Eric Roberts (Mongol), Dakota Fanning (Young Diana, in Kid's Stuff), and Fred Savage. (Hawk)

Edit: Not to mention my fanboy favorites like Nathan Fillion (Vigilante) and Amy Acker (Huntress). And Jeffery Combs as Question. Dear god. The ony flaw in her casting is that if the character is a black dude, there's a seventy percent chance that it's Phil LaMarr. John Stewart, Steel, Static, whatever. I love LaMarr, for his appearance in Pulp Fiction, even his run on MadTV and I think he's a *great* voiceover guy, Samurai Jack is proof enough of that, but he's not the be all and end all, either.

I'm a couple of discs in and my only real complaint is, too much Green Arrow, not enough Flash. This version of Arrow gets a little too preachy for me. And I'm in the second disc and Flash hasn't had a speaking line yet.

Edit: Not to mention my fanboy favorites like Nathan Fillion (Vigilante) and Amy Acker (Huntress). And Jeffery Combs as Question. Dear god. The ony flaw in her casting is that if the character is a black dude, there's a seventy percent chance that it's Phil LaMarr. John Stewart, Steel, Static, whatever. I love LaMarr, for his appearance in Pulp Fiction, even his run on MadTV and I think he's a *great* voiceover guy, Samurai Jack is proof enough of that, but he's not the be all and end all, either.

Untrue. All black animated characters in history were voiced by Phil LaMarr, including the housemaid in those old Tom & Jerry's, Spawn, Chef from South Park and Marvin the Martian.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Picked up seasons One and Two of Justice Leauge Unlimited, I've seen most the episodes before, but catching some here and there that are fresh is wonderful. Romano's casting has gotten even better since BTAS, with huge pickups like John C. McGinley (The Atom, sounded EXACTLY like Dr. Cox in his Dark Heart appearance. Warren Ellis wrote the scene with Atom and his lab assistant like he was Bill Lawerence.), Eric Roberts (Mongol), Dakota Fanning (Young Diana, in Kid's Stuff), and Fred Savage. (Hawk)

I'm a couple of discs in and my only real complaint is, too much Green Arrow, not enough Flash. This version of Arrow gets a little too preachy for me. And I'm in the second disc and Flash hasn't had a speaking line yet.

Flash in JLU Season 1 has a lot of stuff as far as lines and being on screen

But in JLU Season 2 He doesn't have much appearances Bringing in Green Arrow was a first thought for Timm and his team on the special features either Timm or someone else says that in all actuallity Green Arrow is an eighth member of the justice League.

I love all my Justice League DVD's the only complaint I have is the discs never stay in the position that they're supposed to be in.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Lois & Clark: Season 4

I love this show the Season 3 ender was cool because they start into Kryptonian storylines and as Season 4 begins it ends that storyline but I'm amazed at the great continuity of the show over the entire 4 Seasons

The only thing I'm kinda sad about is that there aren't very many commentaries. Other then that I love all the other special features that are on the season sets :D

Finished of Dexter Season 2. I am not sure if I like it more than season one or not, but it was still awesome. I also love the fact that they tied up the cliffhanger I thought was being left for Season 3.

Side Note: Why bother making it a four disc set if the only extras you are giving are episodes for other shows? This so could have been a three disc set.

Guest DCAUFan1051
You're a bit of a commentary junkie too huh? I almost never listen to the commentary and watch at the same time. I find it detracts from the enjoyment. But I rip them and put them in iTunes for later listening.

well when I get in the mood for some Justice League cartoons I'll watch them by themselves as they are but every now and then I like watching the special features and watching the episodes with commentaries just to refresh myself on what the creators thought and the process of the show.

On a separate note about commentaries I like watching them on a movie that I've seen a hunfred times before. If it's something I've never had on DVD and get it I'll watch the commentary first because I've seen the movie before. :D I think that made sense but I dunno I'm concentrating on tooo many other things at the moment. Good lord synopsizing movies takes 3x more typing then TV show episodes

Guest DCAUFan1051
.Sometimes their really informative. VERY TRUE

Sometimes like Will Ferrell<----ugh don't make me gag :sick: movie commentaries <--fixed :D they are terrible as the guys try and be funny by pretending everythings real and are just insulting to the listener.

I don't think I own a single will farrell movie if I do I bought it not because of him being in it but of the movie itself and the other actors in it.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Get stranger than fiction, I really like that movie.

Also for anyone wanting to write film scripts, it is a great learning movie as it has call backs and character development and the plot is all about a book.

I've seen Stranger Than Fiction on HBO I think it's the only calmed down will ferell movie. I liked it but still I know I'll never have ELF or Blades Of Glory or Anchorman in my collection.