What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

There are some fucked up edits in The Goonies! It seems like whole scenes are missing, and there's some discontinuity. But it's still a fun film.

Do you have the special features disc with the commentary? Apparently there are heaps of missing scenes, with about 7hrs of footage originally filmed. Some scenes missing from the final cut are:

- Several more clips of Data's inventions

- The Goonies oath scene (in the wishing well)

- The leeches scene (just before thabove in the well)

- Stef & Mouth on the plank together (stef offers to breathe for mouth under water)

- A police car crash

- Extra footage of Sloth and Chunk

- Rumoured alternative ending at Mickey's house

- Gorilla scene (Not sure about this at all they may have filmed just a couple of shots before it was scrapped)

- Couple of extra seconds in the stop and snack shop

- And of course the Octopus scene (in the final scene where the kids reunite with their parents one of them says "there were pirates, the Fratellis and an Octopus.."

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my favorite Teen Titans episodes is "Quest" but there's always one thing that bugs me: Robin is a white belt?

I buy him not being a black belt but come on! White? I'm a white belt. But I have been an orange belt when I was a kid. Therefore, I have forgotten more about martial arts than Robin knows.

One of my favorite Teen Titans episodes is "Quest" but there's always one thing that bugs me: Robin is a white belt?

I buy him not being a black belt but come on! White? I'm a white belt. But I have been an orange belt when I was a kid. Therefore, I have forgotten more about martial arts than Robin knows.

Its like Gracie Ju-Jitsu, a brown belt from them is worth a black belt anywhere else. A white belt from Batman still makes you an uber-ninja.

I recently started going through Smallville again, right from the beginning. As terrible as I know it's going to get in the later seasons, I'm surprised at how much I'm loving it every bit as much as I did when I was twelve. It's full of sometimes-cheesy teen drama and storylines that are completely contrived (and not comic-book-accurate), but somehow I'm wholeheartedly enjoying it. Maybe it's the generally-hopeful message that it gives me; maybe it's the fact that for once there's a story about a teenage boy who's a genuinely great person; maybe it's that Allison Mack is adorable.

Whichever is the case, Smallville is entertaining me once again after all these years. I am pleased. :)

I've seen some screen caps for season 9 and I think it might be good again. Better than last season at the very least.

Yeah, that new outfit he's wearing with the bright blue S on all-black clothing is basically the same outfit I've been wearing for the past few months. (minus the trenchcoat)

I like to think that they based it on me. :D

Friday the 13th (2009) was a surprisingly awesome film! Going in I knew what to expect - gore, tits, and generic characters - and it delivered just that. However, it also had a pretty decent story, it looked great, and Jason was honestly frightening. I take issue with a retarded hermit who raised himself from a very young age knowing how to set warning systems, dig tunnels, and sharpening blades on a stone wheel, but it doesn't hurt the film. In fact, it makes me think that this Jason isn't retarded, but simply slow in some ways. Oddly enough, there was even a point when I sympathized with the character's rage, and came to understand why he's lashing out.

My only problem was...

Jason taking Whitney hostage. I know it's because she supposedly looks like his mother, but she really doesn't. Plus, they show him swoop in for the kill at the start of the film before cutting to the title, but they never came back to it to show how he stopped himself and wound up taking her captive. Granted, they couldn't do that early on because it would have blown the surprise that Whitney was still alive, but why not show it after the reveal?

Friday the 13th (2009) was a surprisingly awesome film! Going in I knew what to expect - gore, tits, and generic characters - and it delivered just that. However, it also had a pretty decent story, it looked great, and Jason was honestly frightening. I take issue with a retarded hermit who raised himself from a very young age knowing how to set warning systems, dig tunnels, and sharpening blades on a stone wheel, but it doesn't hurt the film. In fact, it makes me think that this Jason isn't retarded, but simply slow in some ways. Oddly enough, there was even a point when I sympathized with the character's rage, and came to understand why he's lashing out.

My only problem was...

Jason taking Whitney hostage. I know it's because she supposedly looks like his mother, but she really doesn't. Plus, they show him swoop in for the kill at the start of the film before cutting to the title, but they never came back to it to show how he stopped himself and wound up taking her captive. Granted, they couldn't do that early on because it would have blown the surprise that Whitney was still alive, but why not show it after the reveal?

That was my main problem with it too. Though considering how horrible I expected it to be going in, I was able to forgive it.

I love the fact that despite being in a theatre full of inbred brutes (the reason I hate the theatre in the first place) I loved the movie-watching experience. Even moreso. It made me feel like an inbred brute but I was able to turn it off after leaving the theatre.

Watching Mad Men from the beginning (just found all of it that's been aired to this point and got it on the external hard drive), and I'm really liking it.

Historical accuracy + various points of view (especially appreciate the parts with the women and minorities) + good writing = you should be watching this.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Lots of good ideas but it doesn't pan out as well as it should. Still don't like it. Still slow as molasses. Oh and in terms of the theatrical cut, I can't even remember any of it so it's hard to compare. I'll take the word that this is the best cut though.

Somewhere out there, D-Man just dropped dead.

Teen Titans season 5 is amazing. I love this show!!!

Whilst I like Teen Titans I've never really been abke to sit down and watch the episodes again, and I can't think of any off the top of my head that I'd call classic. Its just a consistent show with a really weird tone and the occasional episode with Mad Mod that ruins the whole thing. I HATE Mad Mod.

Teen Titans season 5 is amazing. I love this show!!!

Whilst I like Teen Titans I've never really been abke to sit down and watch the episodes again, and I can't think of any off the top of my head that I'd call classic. Its just a consistent show with a really weird tone and the occasional episode with Mad Mod that ruins the whole thing. I HATE Mad Mod.

Don't you mean British Arcade?