What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

I, too, have HMC, but have never watched it. Damn my lack of spare time.

Rectify this. Today if possible.

I'm trying but every time I go to put the dvd on my PC mysteriously starts showing another episode of Studio 60.

Maybe you're not understanding Miyazaki's genius.

I understand! Really I do! My PC just won't stop playing Studio 60, its an anime ignoramus.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm watching WitchBlade The Complete Series DVD Set

There was one role that was never credited the narrator in the intro is Optimus Prime:

Peter Cullen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen Witchblade since it aired and I listened and listened to the narrators voice and by god it's Cullen but it isn't even in his imdb filmography talk about not giving credit where credit is due.

I understand! Really I do! My PC just won't stop playing Studio 60, its an anime ignoramus.

Your PC is obviously trying to embed the awesomeness of Studio 60 into your brain for all of time.

Its good but its no West Wing. It sort of falls down because the sketch comedy isn't any good, all the genuine laughs arise from the usual greatness of the Aaron Sorkin character interplay. Also it has a weird thing going on in my head where it clashes with 30 Rock. 30 Rock is a much more easygoing look at the same setting, and it does a great job of mocking the exact style of TV that both Studio 60 and West Wing represent.

I like Studio 60, its just a bit high and mighty for what the concept actually merits.

Fear Her

- Another weird episode.

- On the topic of The Doctor being a father, the only family they ever revealed was his granddaughter, right?

That's all of series 2, and with that, the last of the main Rose episodes (finally!).

The Runaway Bride

- Fun episode, though the woman that played the main monster in this was beyond hammy.

- Angry Doctor is covered in awesome.

Fear Her

- On the topic of The Doctor being a father, the only family they ever revealed was his granddaughter, right?

His granddaughter is all we ever see. He never talks about his family, and the only time he mentions having one on the original series, it's implied they're already dead.

Watched a thing about Blackadder.

I almost forgot how amazing the show was.

Except season 1

I mean it was funny, satrical and just downright awesome.

Except season 1

I mean this show had no faults

Season 1 was and is a piece of shit

Don't get me wrong, I think the first series is the weakest of the lot, but it's the period of history that I studied extensively for my degree so I cannot hate it in any way. Plus you can't argue with Peter Cook or Brian Blessed.

Fear Her

His granddaughter is all we ever see. He never talks about his family, and the only time he mentions having one on the original series, it's implied they're already dead.

If I recall, he's mentioned having a brother. But yeah, Susan is the only family member we ever see.

Gridlock

- As soon as they went back to New New York, I got excited cause I knew it was time to see the Face of Boe again.

- Awesome episode. Cool concept and a great ending.

- I think I know what those last words meant. :happy:

Guest DCAUFan1051
Right now...

Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Season 3.

Next...

Not sure yet. It's going to be a long night.

long nights are all I have ahead of me I'm currently on Disc 4 of Witchblade then after that is Thundercats Season 1 Volumes 1 & 2

Finished Spectacular Spider-man, Season 1.

What an awful last couple of episodes. I really enjoyed all the episodes to varying degrees up to episode 11, but those last two episodes were pretty awful. Episode 12 was boring, really boring, and could have been cut in half, I really didn't like the extended origin story, pretty cool concept of Peter fighting an inner battle against the symbiote but terrible in execution. The last episode had Venom and it sucked, I really liked the Brock character and I thought they did a great job with him but after the symbiote connected it just...sucked.

The season was soooo good for about 8 episodes or so and it slowly started declining in quality. Overall, the animation is really good, the fight choreography is some of the best I've ever seen and actually rivals the films, and the show can be as great as the best of them, but it really left a bad taste in my mouth with the symbiote storyline in the last few episodes.

Hopefully season 2 gets it back on track. Although, they've ran through so many villains already I don't know where they can go.

That's exactly how I felt at the end.

To me, Eddie turning into a villian and possibly a killer felt so forced in the end.

It kind of makes sense because the symbiote promotes feeds off of anger and makes it stronger.

But how it was done was just all wrong, Eddie's downfall wasn't good at all, his anger while valid, just wasn't there to want to start killing people. The turn was way too quick, the intensity that should have been there wasn't there at all during the Venom/Spidey fight. The voice actor for Eddie, while a fine Eddie, made for a terrible Venom. The idea that Venom worked for Tombstone felt like a complete afterthought. It was all just wrong.

Nonetheless getting one or two characters, (I felt Dr. Octopus' was a bit off) wrong for the 12 or so they got right is pretty good.

Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks

- First story that I can remember that didn't involve the entire supporting cast having British accents.

- Okay episodes. I'm sort of burnt out on Daleks, so this didn't blow me away.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Witchblade went downhill for me I loved the pilot film and the majority of the season 1 eps but as soon as season 2 began I was like WTF??

at trhe end of season one they did a time rewind(the thing mike hates the most) and restarted everything when I was on discs 4 and 5 I was confused as all hell and skipped a head to the end and watched the finale on disc 7. I'm gonna watch season 1 special features of the Cosby Show then start season 2 I'm so engrossed in my DVD watching I have about 20 shows on the DVR to watch lol

Season 4 of Doctor Who. The second half of this season is all about high-concept sci-fi orientated towards horror. I just watched Midnight and Turn Left, and they are a great couple of individual episodes, the latter of which sets up the finale perfectly. Aside from the

giant insect on Donna's back looking like something out of the 70's show

Turn Left might just be the strongest episode of the season.

Billie Piper still looks hot but her new veneers mean she can't talk properly. Couldn't she have got them done by whoever did Tom Cruise?

Its the result of having the veneers put in place and perhaps some extra dental work that had to be done as well. She obviously hadn't gotten used to speaking with them yet, resulting in the lisp. Of course this doesn't excuse the fact that all this work resulted in a brand new overbite.