What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Free Money Starred Marlon Brando and Charlie Sheen. And that is about all it has going for it. Possibly the worst movie I've seen this year. Incredibly unfunny, and just downright boring, everything about this film was just so crap.

The plot is about two men, marrying the twin teenage daughters of a prison warden played by Brando, who also holds a sort of stranglehold over the small town, which is never explained, and the daughters start to see new people, the husbands are split, one put in prison and the other put in a dead end job working from the prison, while they work on the crappiest bank robbery ever, which nobody ever really cares about.

If that made no sense, and sounded shit, I just saved you a half hour of your life, as the rest of the film is just filled with incredibly unfunny shit.

I hereby intend to watch every episode of "King of the Hill" in order. And I fully intend for it to be better than the Simpsons. 13 solid Seasons beats ten great and ten shit seasons, right?

No because for every good episode of King of The Hill, you have about 30 where Peggy opens her mouth.

While the first 10 or so seasons of The Simpsons are legendary (though season 1 is a debatable as being legendary), I think the problem that most people have if they stopped watching at some point, come in when the quality has dropped a bit and they let their memory paint all of the episodes since then as shit. It's the toys were better when I was a kid syndrome. You compare perfection to less than and anything will look bad. While even I'll admit that the episodes aren't as good, the bad episodes in there only average out to about 2 seasons. The average ones are still better than most of the shit that they put on TV and they still pull out a couple of episodes a season that are at least on par with a season 7 or 8 episode.

Ryan Murphy, look, I love Glee, I really do. That said, I know we're both gay and we both know that Kurt is your mouthpiece so, I ask you nicely, please stop making him a carciture. It was bad enough that you made him a borderline stalker last season but this season, you've made him kinda boring. I don't know any gay guy that reads Vogue, I kinda want to kill Patti LuPone, and I very rarely talk politics, especially with people who feel the same on a subject as I do. Yes, you tried last night by having Blaine say he was a Buckeyes fan (Cleveland Browns and Detroit Tigers fan here) but you ruin it by having Kurt say something about breaking stereotypes five seconds later. So, in closing, please bring in a well-rounded gay character. Also, Paltrow was awesome last night. Good casting choice.

^I agree with that.^

It seems like the stereotypical "I'm gay and my life sucks" story is really overpowering the main plots of many episodes. I like Kurt and feel for his troubles, I really do, but as a straight male, I can't really relate to any of it. And since that makes up the vast majority the drama in the show now, it makes the show lose a lot of its appeal for me.

Disney's Aladdin. Better than I remembered it being. Looked really good, and was a lot of fun. Best movie I've seen in a while.

The main cast of Aladdin, Jafar and Jasmine are all good, but its the others, like Carpet, and Abu who are awesome. And Robin Williams pretty much easily steals the show. It looked so pretty looking at it, and has really aged well.

I hereby intend to watch every episode of "King of the Hill" in order. And I fully intend for it to be better than the Simpsons. 13 solid Seasons beats ten great and ten shit seasons, right?

No because for every good episode of King of The Hill, you have about 30 where Peggy opens her mouth.

I'm into season four, I wish that bitch had died when she fell out of the plane. That said, Cotton Hill is fucking amazing. He needed his own show.

The last two episodes of How I Met Your Mother. Robin Sparkles episode wasn't that good, it had some funny moments, but I didn't really enjoy it too much. However the Thanksgiving episode I really enjoyed, and was great at doing what the show does best, have random stupid plot devices and actually make them work and be funny.