What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Who's going to sit down and watch Lady and the Tramp, followed by the Grant Morrison documentary tonight?

Suavestar.

This is going to sound odd but that is possibly the sexiest thing I've heard all day.

Yes, I have odd tastes. I like Disney. I like Grant Morrison. Combining the two sounds so awesome it's hot.

Huh......never thought of it like that.

I didn't mean like that. Sorry, it sounds like an ideal night with someone else, that's what I meant. You know, there's no way I'm not sounding creepy right now.

Shaun, imagine that image of Earth trashed and that being all you have for a fucking year. It fucking sucks, you dwell on what it could mean plus it's prefaced by the entire, "everything's going to be okay" speech.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's going to sit down and watch Lady and the Tramp, followed by the Grant Morrison documentary tonight?

Suavestar.

This is going to sound odd but that is possibly the sexiest thing I've heard all day.

Yes, I have odd tastes. I like Disney. I like Grant Morrison. Combining the two sounds so awesome it's hot.

Huh......never thought of it like that.

I didn't mean like that. Sorry, it sounds like an ideal night with someone else, that's what I meant. You know, there's no way I'm not sounding creepy right now.

What I meant was you got me thinking about Grant Morrison making a film for Disney, with Disney characters, and how he'd do Lady and the Tramp.

Anyway...on that....awkwardness ending.

Lady and the Tramp Not as great as I remember it being, but it was over a decade since I'd last thought about the film, so its nice that its still enjoyable to watch. Not the best Disney animated film, but certainly enjoyable. If it did reach a sudden stop at the end.

The DTV sequel can fuck off though, I am never going to touch that.

Grant Morrison thoughts as I go along:

Never thought of Morrison as the anti-Moore before.

Morrison showing that it isn't just a cliché for a writer to have a notebook with them at all times.

This isn't what I expected it to be, but that doesn't stop me from being glued to the screen.

I can't believe they are going to talk about the hate he got for Final Crisis.

They are playing a bit funny with the times, they claim that the backlash he got from Final Crisis is what inspired the filth....but Final Crisis was 2008-2009, and the filth was at least five years beforehand.

Apart from the shit part where I'm supposed to feel sorry for the internet not universally loving Final Crisis, which was utter bollocks, it was generally a well made documentary, mostly about Grant Morrison the man, and not Grant Morrison the comic book writer.

Edited by SuaveStar

Shaun, imagine that image of Earth trashed and that being all you have for a fucking year. It fucking sucks, you dwell on what it could mean plus it's prefaced by the entire, "everything's going to be okay" speech.

That's what I meant. The whole cliffhanger is pants. It's not even much to think about.

Just finished Face of the Enemy. Resistance was better, but I'd call this, "okay".

Should I take a breather before diving into 4.5? Or just go straight in.

That's what I meant. The whole cliffhanger is pants. It's not even much to think about.

Just finished Face of the Enemy. Resistance was better, but I'd call this, "okay".

Should I take a breather before diving into 4.5? Or just go straight in.

Face of the Enemy is still slightly important since it develops Gaeta who is much more important in the second half. As for the second half, give it a day. Let the ideas sink in. The only reason to go on to the next episode is they reveal who the final cylon is. If you do, then let that be where you take your break.

Yeah, like I said, the second half of the seasons bring the endgame, and they bring them hard.

And yeah, there's a huge difference between being able to watch it all on DVD like you have the luxury of, and going "YEAH! THEY'RE FINALLY GONNA MAKE IT TO EARTH" and then getting that, and that being all you get FOR A WHOLE DAMN YEAR, SYFY. Yeah, right about now is kind of what got my hate on for SyFy.

Also, Dee. I'm surprised you didn't mention that whole thing.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse: A lot better than Public Enemies. Slow to start, but it was enjoyable. The two main issues I had were with the way Superman looked, his face looked like he was wearing eyeliner, and had his eyebrows plucked, and of course like everyone else, I disliked Darkseids voice. I'm not going to say it should have been Michael Ironside, but it should have been a more menacing voice, instead it felt like a generic villain, which was a shame.

Comparing one thing to the DCAU, I much preferred how Granny Goodness looked in that compared to here, there she looked like an actual Granny woman, here she was closer to a man in drag. The end fight wasn't that great, though it was a better ending than I was expecting.

I didn't find the art style that off putting after about five minutes, it flowed really well here to me, especially in comparison to PE.

Batman stole the show was his always awesome one liners. I don't really think I'm going to watch the film again (Unless I donate to E-2 and get Mikes commentary track) but I did not end the film disappointed, like I did with Public Enemies, so that was nice.

Watched "The Social Network" yesterday. Was really really good. I didn't think it painted Zuckerberg as bad as people have said. He just comes across as every other highly intelligent success story. Most of those people who focus on one great idea seem to ostracize those close to them. (Buffet, Gates, Brin, Jobs, etc).

The ending was really really lame though, it's the one thread of the story that I don't think is close to reality. But everything else was done really well. Even Timberlake was good, as he always seems likable on interviews, and he was a real prick in this. Of course that could have just been Sorkins script, but he wasn't Britney bad or anything like that.

Hard to pick the star of the show though. Eisenberg was fantastic, but I thought Andrew Garfield was fantastic. He stole almost every scene he was in. I don't think I've seen him before, but he could definitely be one of the next crop of big stars to come through. Will be interesting to see what he does with Spidey.

Got halfway through my new copy of Inception and realised that whilst I liked it a lot the first time this film has zero appeal for me when it comes to rewatching it. I don't know, maybe it's because I've got a stinking cold but I was utterly bored by it.

I'm going to watch BASEketball instead.

Human Centipede:

Updated as I watch:

-These girls are the worst actors alive. "There's *al*-ways a signal."

-I'm officially rooting for old pervert.

-I don't know what this says about me as a person, but these two girls are so annoying, I can't wait for terrible things to happen to them.

-Dieter Laser could give Tobin Bell lessons in Gravel Voice .

-I totally want this fucker's house, aside from the horrifying wall art and lab for abominations.

-"The rape drug... Rolhypnol..." "What are you doing!?!" ...Really, you don't get it?

-Destroying evidence and a bowl of canned fruit, they go together like peanut butter and sewing three people ass to mouth.

-Can we gag the girls already? I can't take them anymore.

-However, I am totally in love with random Japanese guy. "The Japanese possess amazing strength when backed into a corner." Awesome.

-HAH. He actually said "First Sequence," after he called his plan the Human Centipede.

-Nothing pulls me out of a film like blood splatter on the camera.

-I am LOVING the Ray Bans on Mr. Laser. I smell a sponsorship deal.

-Okay, this bitch is spurting blood from the fucking brachial artery. And running. And in a chlorinated pool. She is dead. There is no blood left in her.

-"Game over." Jigsaw is suing for copyright infringement.

-Okay, Lindsay. If you were to just RUN, rather than attempt to save your friend, she would likely be okay. You could make a clean escape, and lead the cops back, while Dr. Ass to Mouth would have to wait for another compatible person for his chimera. Instead you are a moron who gets shot with tranq darts and has to eat poo.

-I'm officially half way in and this is just standard horror fare. I have no idea what the big deal is, thus far.

-Random shot of Laser lying on his bed in Christ pose... 'kay.

-Minor nit-pick: Why does the doctor talk to himself... in English? And then give commands to the Japanese guy, in German?

-Is it bad that all I can think in the reveal scene is that Jenny has awful tits?

-This guy's chicken impression is worse than GOB Bluth's.

-I know this is supposed to be horrifying, but it's really just... boring. I had such great expectations to be disgusted and this is underwhelming.

-Oh, wait. We just got to the "feed her" scene. Gross now.

-The discretionary shots on violence are... strange. It's like this movie is afraid to show Laser hitting them, but everything else they show is okay.

-Cops. Awesome. Let's end this shit.

-The lead cop looks insanely like Anthony Hopkins.

-...YOU'RE LEAVING TO GET A WARRANT? THE GUY HIDING A SYRINGE ISN'T PROBABLE FUCKING CAUSE?

-The escape attempt here is actually pretty tense and well done. Of course, any competent film making is immediately forgotten because I'm watching a movie about a mad doctor that sews people ass to mouth.

-And Japanese guy loses all cool points with: "I deserve this!" and then suicide. With a pretty weak gore effect, might I add.

-And everyone dies.

How underwhelming. Hype =/= Experience.