What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suave, your criticisms thus far are acceptable. But if you Suave this, I think the entirety of the forums are going to descend on you.

Chris - yeah, if you don't like Scott, it is gonna color your perception of the film a bit.

So, favorite Exes, everyone? Or, if you're like me and actually find it pretty hard to choose an overall favorite ex cause they're all awesome, least favorite?

Suave, your criticisms thus far are acceptable. But if you Suave this, I think the entirety of the forums are going to descend on you.

Chris - yeah, if you don't like Scott, it is gonna color your perception of the film a bit.

So, favorite Exes, everyone? Or, if you're like me and actually find it pretty hard to choose an overall favorite ex cause they're all awesome, least favorite?

Scott just isn't very likeable at all.

Before the exes showed up, the only bit I found funny was the picture Scott drew of Ramona.

After they showed up, I started rooting for the exes to win.

I don't think I'll watch the film again, as that first 30-40 minutes is just fucking brutally boring.

Therefore, I am saying:

It was good, but nothing special.

So, if I had to choose best and worst exes:

Best: Easily Todd the Vegan, as he gets the most screen time, and Routh makes the most of every second of it, and the way they get rid of him is the best.

Worst: The twins. They were just....there and then they weren't. They felt like when the idea was being developed they said seven exes, then ran out of time and said "Fuck it....TWINS!"

My favourite bit though:

The fight with Nega Scott. Turns out he and Scott have a lot in common and are going for brunch next week. That was fucking awesome.

Suave, the Twins were part of the comic series as well as twins. Nothing to do with running out of time. Really, I'm not going to get on your case for kinda Suaving this. If you read the books and you Suave those, then I will make it my mission to destroy you. Of course, I'll get six other people on the boards to help me. I think if Preston drinks enough, he'll at least start to believe he has super powers...

suave.png

The ones I like the least were the Twins, mainly because they got shafted for screen time (I really need to get the books at some point soon...).

But otherwise, I LOVE all the rest of the exes. Patel's awesome just for his song, I love the fact that Captain America actually crushed a hot cup of coffee (yes, that shot was real), Todd is just wonderfully done, Roxy is... heeeeee, and Gideon is the last word in douchebaggery.

There was no set up for NegaScott (though there was in the deleted scenes), and I was just kind of eh on it.

EDIT: ...Will, that means there would be seven of us. Does that make us a League of Kind of Evil Exes? At least, all of us are exes in some way.

Just finished the first part of Tin Man. The "magical steampunkiness" of it is very interesting to watch. All the actors do great jobs, except for Zooey Deschanel. I've never minded her acting before, but something is very wrong here. She seems very very out of it, almost drunk or drugged or something... It's not very pleasant to watch when you know she should be getting all this stuff done well.

Scott being unlikable is the point. He's frightened by how much of an ass the other exes are, so he learns his lesson and grows up.

I'm sure that was given enough time to develop in the graphic novels, but it was sped through too quickly in the film.

I'll agree that it was done better in the books, but that was the whole point of his second run through at the Chaos Theatre. He realized he fucked over Young Neil and Stephen Stills, he apologizes to Kim, he fights Gideon for himself, and he's honest with Knives and Ramona (and himself) about what he did to them.

I'll agree that it was done better in the books, but that was the whole point of his second run through at the Chaos Theatre. He realized he fucked over Young Neil and Stephen Stills, he apologizes to Kim, he fights Gideon for himself, and he's honest with Knives and Ramona (and himself) about what he did to them.

Oh I get that, but just apologizing to everyone doesn't erase what an ass he was. And it certainly doesn't absolve him of cheating on Knives so he can walk into the sunset with Ramona.

In the comic, there was a point where both Scott and Ramona both had to fight against Gideon for their own purposes, and both ended up realizing how badly they'd screwed up. The ending ("we try again") symbolized sort of a "blank slate, let's forgive and forget" moment, not just a "Scott Pilgrim saves Princess Peach Zelda Daisy Kairi the girl" moment.