What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on personal experience (true grit isn't out here yet) I'd say Black Swan and The King's Speech. As for Redbox, based on their film list (which is pretty small really) I'd recommend Toy Story 3, Green Zone, Kick-Ass or Shutter Island. Or you could go with a classic like Team America or Face/off.

Just finished getting up to date on Clone Wars. The witches of Dalthomir are supposed to be human. Trying not to be overly irritated by the switch, but it's tough.

The Colour of Magic- There's a few problems with this. Firstly, Pratchett is unfilmable. So much of what he does is about being clever with words and descriptions, so it doesn't come off well when it's mundanely portrayed as real. Second, even though this thing is packed with effects shots it's still clearly on a budget, so whilst it cost an arm and a leg it still looks quite ratty. Thirdly, much as I like David Jason or Samwise, they aren't quite right for the parts. Fourthly, this being the first Pratchett book it is also one of the worst, starting out well but trailing quite a bit towards the end. It's a random string of adventures poking fun at fantasy, that's all.

I much preferred their version of Going Postal, I wish they'd start making the Watch adaptations, aside from anything else they'd be much cheaper and far more interesting.

Episodes- Not really funny, and dare I say it, not nearly enough Matt Le Blanc for a show that is heavily advertised as featuring him. You're just sort of waiting for him to properly show up throughout. I'll give it another week but this is hardly the Curb Your Enthusiasm reality/comedy that it was promising to be. It's just a fairly flat tv show.

Episodes- Not really funny, and dare I say it, not nearly enough Matt Le Blanc for a show that is heavily advertised as featuring him. You're just sort of waiting for him to properly show up throughout. I'll give it another week but this is hardly the Curb Your Enthusiasm reality/comedy that it was promising to be. It's just a fairly flat tv show.

I completely agree. The bits that were trying to be funny, came across as forced. I'm also giving it next weeks episode, and if that is shit (Which from the trailer, looks to be the case) then I'll just not bother with it.

Edit: Episode 2 was more of the same shit. That's me done with this show.

I was really excited about Season 3 of The Clone Wars because, at least at the beginning, it was said in an interview by the guy in the dumb cowboy hat to focus more on the Clone troopers rather than the main characters from the films, including background Jedi and such. Well, they gave up on that after the first two episodes. The characterizations of Skywalker and Kenobi, and pretty much the majority of all the Jedi are laughable.

Anakin is over the top and it's just dumb how Ashoka and Anakin laugh joke about how Anakin always rushes into battle when he causes so much unneccessary destruction and death, in my opinion.

And Obi-Wan Kenobi, who should always be likable, and cunning and wise, comes off as a bumbling doofus for the majority of the episodes.

THE CLONES, however, even in past episodes, like with Waxer and Boil, have ALWAYS been fun and interesting and compelling to watch.

I've also been spending the entire time of Ashoka's existence wondering how they'll kill her off or send her off somewhere for Order 66 leaving her fate unknown.

In the recent Season Preview they show she goes on a bit of a dark streak. Hopefully that'll be cool, and maybe they can get Skywalker and Kenobi right for that story arc ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Sabrina's my fav, easily. Usually not my type, but it has Hepburn singing in French and an understated quality that most modern movies lack.

My top five probably goes like so.

1) Sabrina

2) Wait Until Dark

3) Roman Holiday

4) Nun's Story

5) Charade