What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Red

Hmm. Not a big fan of the changes. In the original Moses is a man haunted by the things he'd done. In this him and his buddies look at killing as a guilty pleasure that they stuff indulge every so often in their old age.

I mean, the film is clearly more of a response to cinema's depiction of such people, but it's lost all the heart and message of the comic. It's fine, but it could have been a brilliant brutal tale of vengeance and guilt instead of a middling comedy.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Lovely Bones Awful. Fucking awful. I will admit the first half hour was very enjoyable, and it was suspenseful when the killer got the girl. But after that? Fuck me was this shite dull. Everyone seemed to phone this shite in, and then we get a stupid comedy Susan Sarandon as a drunk scene, followed by people thinking that maybe the creepy guy down the street, who kills children, is the killer.

The purgatory scenes were blue screened bollocks that added nothing to the film. And if anything made me bored of this movie, I don't care about what she does in purgatory, and I don't care if she keeps in contact with her family. Which is keeping them from being able to move on.

It seems like one writing/directing team was on the first 30 minutes of the film, and another on the rest.

Then the film had to follow up with the worst ending ever. The film just gives a giant middle finger to the stupid people who sat through the 130 minutes of this drivel.

The killer, after the sister of the victim finds proof he killed the girl. Gets chased by him. She escapes and calls the police, while he gets rid of the evidence. With ease, and gets away with it. And is killed by a fucking icicle later on. I'm not kidding, an icicle to the shoulder causes his death.

Also, the girl after she finds the book, goes home, and finds something more interesting and almost forgets to show the evidence that the killer is the killer to people. It's only when Susan Sarandon gets involved does she say what's going on.

In no way was this what I expected. And the film ends with the annoying girl going to heaven and letting her family move on.

Again. Just bloody awful. If I could give it 0 stars I would. But I can't so half a star will have to do.

I know it might be the gay talking but My Little Pony Friendship is Magical has no right to be this fucking awesome! I am seriously loving this show and I hated the original My Little Pony. I mean, one of the background characters is a reference to the 10th Doctor.

180px-Doctorwhoof003.png

The mane and his mark is an hour glass. The Doctor is a pony!

Goddamnit, Will. I'm up to the second to last episode.

Fillydelphia. Cutecinera.

Also, pony puberty. And 80s My Little Ponies. And pony roller derby.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME.

Ha. Sorry, if it makes you feel any better, at least Hasbro has no plans at this time to bring Jem back. Now that is outrageous, truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Huh, now I kinda want to write an Aquaman/Jem fanfic.

Gangs of New York: Utter shit. It all looked like sets, DiCaprio kept coming in and out of an Irish accent, and not when he was meant to and going to a Boston accent, for some reason. I fell asleep while watching this. But rewound and tried to watch it again, and it was shit. The end battle was just horrible. Crappy movie. Scorsese at his worst.

The Social Network: It's not a bad movie. I don't believe the hype but it's still decent. For me, my problem is that I'm still trying to figure out what emotional resonance there was to the film. It had lots of style, great acting, and an alright script. However, as far as making me care about anyone in it or their problems, no. I didn't. For me, that's a problem. I had no emotional investment, positive or negative. It just felt like, "Oh, here are people on the screen doing thing." That all said, I know I wasn't supposed to take the Mark Zuckerberg side of the argument. However, Jesse Eisenberg is great at making him unlikable (that's a compliment). Really, Andrew Garfield has made me believe he'll be awesome in Spiderman. He's probably the best actor in the movie.

The King's Speech: Pretty solid movie. Compared to say, Black Swan, or True Grit, do I think it should be getting awards over those? Not necessarily, but if you've got a hardon for historical movies, you'll love it. Mind you, it's still definitely worth going to see in the theatres, just not necessarily at the evening prices.

My biggest rant about this movie, though, is that it should NOT have been rated fucking R. The only reason it got an R was because of his following five minute, tops, sequence:

King George VI: Oh, bugger orf!

Lionel Logue: Is that the best you can do?

King George VI: Well... bloody bugger to you, you beastly bastard.

Lionel Logue: Oh, a public school prig could do better than that.

King George VI: Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!

Lionel Logue: Yes!

King George VI: Shit!

Lionel Logue: Defecation flows trippingly from the tongue!

King George VI: Because I'm angry!

Lionel Logue: Do you know the f-word?

King George VI: F... f... fornication?

Lionel Logue: Oh, Bertie.

King George VI: Fuck. Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck and fuck! Fuck, fuck and bugger! Bugger, bugger, buggerty buggerty buggerty, fuck, fuck, arse!

Lionel Logue: Yes...

King George VI: Balls, balls...

Lionel Logue: ...you see, not a hesitation!

King George VI: ...fuckity, shit, shit, fuck and willy. Willy, shit and fuck and... tits.

That's right. This got an R rating, because it said fuck too many times. The rest of this movie is more like a PG, tops. MPAA, I call fucking bullshit and shenanigans on you. You let bare boobs and sex scenes get away with a PG-13, but THIS gets an R? Fuck you!

Also, Colin Firth is absolutely amazing in this. He makes you believe that he actually has a speaking impediment, that he is this man afraid and so badly trying to be the king he wants to be. He carries the whole film, and Geoffery Rush helps support him. If those two don't win for best actor and best supporting actor, I will eat my hat.

Helena Bonham Carter, though? She didn't do shit in this. If she wins best actress, or whatever the hell it is she's nominated for, I will be unamused.

That's right. This got an R rating, because it said fuck too many times. The rest of this movie is more like a PG, tops. MPAA, I call fucking bullshit and shenanigans on you. You let bare boobs and sex scenes get away with a PG-13, but THIS gets an R? Fuck you!

Hannah, I suggest watching the documentary, This Film Is Not Yet Rated. It's a great film about the MPAA rating practices.

And also follow Nell Minnow, the movie mom, she went on a big rant about the rating of The Kings Speech due to that scene. She's given up lobbying the MPAA until there is a change of the board, because she's sick of complaining to them without them even considering that they may have been wrong.

On the Social Network, I definitely had an emotional connection with the film. While my business isn't anything like Facebook, the idea of someone screwing me out of something I helped built made me sympathise more with the Edwardo character more than just him being the not-Zuckerberg.

Watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on Saturday night. I think BB stands up better over time. Maybe I prefer origin stories or maybe its the convoluted ferry sequence in TDK, seriously, can someone explain that part of the movie to me that makes sense in real life and isn't some stupid plot device. I'm not asking for realism, I'm asking for a scenario that makes logical sense.

On the plus side for TDK, Aaron Eckharts performance really was quite fantastic and was unfairly overshadowed by Heath Ledgers, which I think someone here mentioned in the original thread.

Watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on Saturday night. I think BB stands up better over time. Maybe I prefer origin stories or maybe its the convoluted ferry sequence in TDK, seriously, can someone explain that part of the movie to me that makes sense in real life and isn't some stupid plot device. I'm not asking for realism, I'm asking for a scenario that makes logical sense.

On the plus side for TDK, Aaron Eckharts performance really was quite fantastic and was unfairly overshadowed by Heath Ledgers, which I think someone here mentioned in the original thread.

I think you go in expecting Ledger to steal the show, and Eckhart just comes at it from the background.

Every point you've made, I've been making since TDK came out. Good man.

Righteous Kill: You have Al Pacino, you have Robert DeNiro, you have John Leguizamo all as cops, and having so many scenes together. What could possibly go wrong? Well, first off, you have a dull as dirt script that gives nobody anything to work with. All three play generic cops who you just can't care about. Pacino and DeNiro are just the best damn team the city has, and all the way through the movie, they investigate a serial killer who's a cop, who we are led to believe is:

Robert DeNiro

The film is opening with that person giving a full confession, only there's a twist:

Al Pacino is the serial killer

I'll admit, though the twist is just about dull and boring, and you could probably see it a mile away, it does make the final five minutes, yes five minutes of the movie enjoyable, as we have a nice face off scene.

I can't really say this film was good but nothing special, as it wasn't. The dialogue was generic and crappy, the acting was so awful I couldn't take it seriously, and as a mystery, we are given a saw style flashback to explain how everything ties together, without making a lick of sense.

However, the last 5-10 minutes were pretty damn good, with Pacino and DeNiro showing that when they can give two fucks, they can still have a nice tension fueled sequence. So, don't bother with this, and if you want, YouTube the final ten minutes of the film, you really want miss anything in the film, as the flashback pretty much explains everything for you.

Also:

Didn't Pacino play a similar character in the recruit? A cop who ends up going on a killing spree and covering it up? If so, I should have seen this stupid twist coming.

Anyway, the next films that are on my list to be watched are:

Taken, and Hardware.