What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anchorman is great. One of the most quotable movies ever.

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina. "

"I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation."

"Well, that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy."

"I'm expressing my inner anguish THROUGH THE MAJESTY OF SONG! "

"Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast."

"It jumped up a notch."

"It did, didn't it?"

"Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart."

"I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?"

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident."

"Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder. "

It's just a shame that he decided to make the same movie five more times after.

Guest DCAUFan1051

The Becerly hills Cop Complete Lineup DVD Set

The Lethal Weapon Complete Series

I see now why there are no commentaries on the Lethal Weapon 1-3 ... I just started watching LW4 with the commentary and holy shit it's like the people that recorded this are 50 feet away from the mic. WTF. Anyways I'm also watching DVRed Knight Rider and Smallville :D

Just put on Iron Man, haven't seen it in a while.

However, I also get to listen to Mamma Mia, also known as Menopause: The Musical through the walls, courtesy of my dumbass sorority opera diva neighbor.

From the 11 minutes I've seen of Mamma Mia, it actually made Sweeney Todd look watchable.

Meryl Streep wears awful clothes, and sings about being a golddigger at one point. Also, NO ONE IN IT CAN SING. And there's a horrible number that plays over the credits with the most godawful disco outfits in the history of EVER. (Youtube it if you want your eyes to bleed out.)

(And I kind of liked Sweeney Todd! :( Yeah, it's not as good as the original musical, and Helena Bohnam Carter should not have been Mrs. Lovett, but it's passable.)

Currently watching the BSG marathon preparing for the premiere of the last half of the season tonight; I'll get to see at least half of my favorite episode ever ("Hub", WATCH IT) before heading for work, and with any luck I'll be done before the start of the new episode.

Currently on "Faith". Six!cest kiss is so frakking hot.

Meryl Streep wears awful clothes, and sings about being a golddigger at one point. Also, NO ONE IN IT CAN SING. And there's a horrible number that plays over the credits with the most godawful disco outfits in the history of EVER. (Youtube it if you want your eyes to bleed out.)

(And I kind of liked Sweeney Todd! :( Yeah, it's not as good as the original musical, and Helena Bohnam Carter should not have been Mrs. Lovett, but it's passable.)

Megan puts up with a lot of background noise with me around but when she was watching that abortion I got to the point where Pierce Brosnan opened his mouth and aural diarrhea assaulted me, I literally got up and went for a drive.

For Christmas I gave my aunt a copy of Mamma Mia on DVD and a good set of headphones. The meaning of this was not lost on her.

I'm still injecting West Wing directly into my eyeballs. Season 6 right now, they've just introduced Alan Alda. Its amazing how this show predicted the older respected slightly liberal Republican vs the young untested inspirational ethnic minority leader as its Presidential race through these last two seasons.

Guest DCAUFan1051

SeaQuest DSV Season 2

I love this show................. the same guy that played Frank Castle's dad in The Punisher (2004) plays the lead character in the NBC Series. It's really held up over time I think.

It's also one of the only TV shows I know that has Jonathan Brandis in it regularly. Brandis also starred in The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter and LadyBugs with Rodney Dangerfield. Too bad he died a number of years ago.

Guest DCAUFan1051

well des that was the only thing I knew him from and I was shocked to find that out. It had been a very long time since I'd seen SeaQuest on TV and I just recently picked up Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD

Megan puts up with a lot of background noise with me around but when she was watching that abortion I got to the point where Pierce Brosnan opened his mouth and aural diarrhea assaulted me, I literally got up and went for a drive.

Fun fact: so that I wasn't annoying too many family members by recording what became Episode 258 of E-2.net The Show before I got my own PC installed in my room, I persuaded my brother to take my mum to see Mamma Mia. He still hasn't forgiven me, even though my mum had a great time and I obviously had a blast recording said episode.

Guest DCAUFan1051
well des that was the only thing I knew him from and I was shocked to find that out. It had been a very long time since I'd seen SeaQuest on TV and I just recently picked up Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD

Forget Seaquest. Go see Jaws. Now!

I've seen Jaws already and leave SeaQuest alone damnit it's a good show

Guest DCAUFan1051
Been watching season two of quantum leap, why is every other story right now a murder mystery or attempted murder Sam must solve. Also was the show running without stops as some of the leaps go back to season one storys, but the next story has f-all to do with that leap.

do u mean like a to be continued type thing suave? I really can't speak of Quantum Leap as I don't have it on DVD yet and haven't seen the show in years.

However in the Transformers Generation 1 cartoon there are some episodes that are just one shots and there are some that have entire 7-8 episodes of continuty. In some of the season 2 episodes they recall what has happened in season 1 as like maybe Optimus Prime saying something to the effect of:

"When Megatron tried to cheat in our battle and the autobots had to fight back."

If I'm understanding you correctly I hope that gives ya some clairification. Most episodic TV series have 2 types of stories:

#1 Long Running Story Arcs

#2 One Shot or "filler" episodes

I'm watching Season 2 Part 2 of Transformers (1984) #1 for the reviews on the podcast and #2 just because I've gotten to enjoying watching these cartoons again :D

Allow me to explain the point I think Des is trying to make. In your previous post, you said the only thing you recognized Roy Scheider from is the Punisher. He (and I) took it to mean you haven't seen Jaws. Now, Seaquest was a good show. Jaws is a fucking masterpiece of cinema. Therefore, go watch Jaws.

Now that this has hopefully been sorted out, GO WATCH JAWS anyway.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Allow me to explain the point I think Des is trying to make. In your previous post, you said the only thing you recognized Roy Scheider from is the Punisher. He (and I) took it to mean you haven't seen Jaws. Now, Seaquest was a good show. Jaws is a fucking masterpiece of cinema. Therefore, go watch Jaws.

Now that this has hopefully been sorted out, GO WATCH JAWS anyway.

Sorry for the long repost but I'm doing this from the iPhone

I've seen jaws once a long time ago and while I respect it's awesomeness and cultural impact I don't watch blood guts and gore movies. :D

I've seen jaws once a long time ago and while I respect it's awesomeness and cultural impact I don't watch blood guts and gore movies. :D

There's blood, but Jaws isn't gory.

It's an odd thing, but some movies are remembered as being gory when they're not. Jaws, Psycho and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre being the top three films people always name. On one hand it's frustrating, because it's tiresome defending the same movies time and time again, but on the other hand it's an awesome testament to great filmmaking and the power of the imagination. Memorable horror films don't need over-the-top violence. What they have are great scripts and directors who knows how to film frightening scenes. When movies allow us to imagine what's happening, we tend to be more scared than when we're actually shown the gory bits.

Beyond the Mat. Its still an awesome documentary, I watch it every few years and come away with a dozen new insights into pro wrestling. I just spotted Christopher Daniels (with hair!) in the background during the WWF dark match bit, I guess he was there to work dark as well.