What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm watching the new Pokemon Anime. I'm kinda scared. Team Rocket is actually effective at being evil and intimidating. I've only seen one episode so far where they're comic relief. It's slightly off-putting to see them break into a research facility, get information, than get out without falling on their faces once.

Youth in revolt Biggest load of crap I've seen all year. I don't get the appeal of Michael Cera, and this film did nothing to change that. Awful, awful film. Actors and plot threads are raised and dropped with no notice. Crap.

It showed why he plays the same character in every movie. He's a terrible actor.

I'm watching the new Pokemon Anime. I'm kinda scared. Team Rocket is actually effective at being evil and intimidating. I've only seen one episode so far where they're comic relief. It's slightly off-putting to see them break into a research facility, get information, than get out without falling on their faces once.

Is that Rocket or Plasma? I swear I heard that those two team up.

Is that Rocket or Plasma? I swear I heard that those two team up.

Just Rocket. Plasma hasn't shown up yet.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SHITTY MOVIE?/ghostface

Seriously, Scre4m, its not badly written, it's not badly directed but at the end of the day it's not scary and it has a bunch of problems.

This movie had no balls at all. All the original three survive? Are you shitting me? Everyone but them is dead by the end but those three survive? Good thing I didn't bother investing in any of those new characters then. Plus the way all the suspects were set up it was obvious that none of them were viable candidates.

Here's how I would have ended it-

The cousin or whatever who's trying to become the new Syd kills Gail, Dewey and Syd, with Syd saying something along the lines of "it's a curse" as she bites it. Cousin gets wheeled out, media blitz, flashbulbs the lot. fade to black, 6 months later she's at home alone signing off on some deal that will make her rich off this stuff. Phone rings "what's your favourite scary movie". Teaser for the next film, the little bitch is going to find out what it is to be a horror survivor, because now she's the target. Adds layers to the sequels, adds intrigue as she interacts with other new characters. Turns the franchise on it's head, now you're following the killer who is trying to cover her own tracks, and literally ANYONE can die.

But no, Cox, Arquette and Campbell don't have movie career's anymore so they need this, so none of them die. It's REALLY irritating.

I'm going to go watch Dead Man's Shoes and see something original done with the genre.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SHITTY MOVIE?/ghostface

Seriously, Scre4m, its not badly written, it's not badly directed but at the end of the day it's not scary and it has a bunch of problems.

This movie had no balls at all. All the original three survive? Are you shitting me? Everyone but them is dead by the end but those three survive? Good thing I didn't bother investing in any of those new characters then. Plus the way all the suspects were set up it was obvious that none of them were viable candidates.

Here's how I would have ended it-

The cousin or whatever who's trying to become the new Syd kills Gail, Dewey and Syd, with Syd saying something along the lines of "it's a curse" as she bites it. Cousin gets wheeled out, media blitz, flashbulbs the lot. fade to black, 6 months later she's at home alone signing off on some deal that will make her rich off this stuff. Phone rings "what's your favourite scary movie". Teaser for the next film, the little bitch is going to find out what it is to be a horror survivor, because now she's the target. Adds layers to the sequels, adds intrigue as she interacts with other new characters. Turns the franchise on it's head, now you're following the killer who is trying to cover her own tracks, and literally ANYONE can die.

But no, Cox, Arquette and Campbell don't have movie career's anymore so they need this, so none of them die. It's REALLY irritating.

I read the ending on Wkipedia. Feeling that I'd likely forget it when/if I went to see the film in the cinema. After reading the ending, I said "I'm going to wait, and rent the blu ray."

Not to spoil the ending, but when the wizard of time tells Sydney that the one ring to rule them all, was actually her fathers, who she thought was her uncle, played by Chevy Chase who was really old man Loomis, the gardener who knew the property would be worth money to realtor companies in six months, and would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky middle aged, has been actors, was the real killer, I got out of my chair and applauded that twist.

Just finished watching Dr. Strangelove for the first time, technically for class, but will probably get a few more watches for fun. If you don't like this movie, I'm pretty sure you don't have a soul. Just saying.

And yes, Austen, you can take that as a challenge if you really want to. :P

Just finished watching Dr. Strangelove for the first time, technically for class, but will probably get a few more watches for fun. If you don't like this movie, I'm pretty sure you don't have a soul. Just saying.

challenge-accepted.png

Weirdly, I went to add the film to my list, and it was already there. I guess somebody out there really wants me to see this film.

I figure he at least has to have enough of a soul to enjoy this. If I'm wrong, as you said, it's my own damn fault. :P

(Note: I actually had to Wiki Glitter.)

Gary Glitter, former Glam Rocker and Britain's most famous paedophile. So massively hated that when they decided to do a mock drama of what it would be like to reinstitute capital punishment in this country they made him the man to be executed.

I actually saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. Honestly, I thought it was alright, but nothing special.

I imagine it was a lot better for its time.

Weirdly, I went to add the film to my list, and it was already there. I guess somebody out there really wants me to see this film.

Yeah, it's on that list of my favourite movies that I listed for you specifically so you wouldn't watch any of them. I imagine you added it to your queue immediately after my warning.

Yeah, it's on that list of my favourite movies that I listed for you specifically so you wouldn't watch any of them. I imagine you added it to your queue immediately after my warning.

That sounds about right. :smilewinkgrin:

After watching Dr Strangelove I have to say, it was not bad. It started off pretty dull, and for the first half hour, I was bored, but then after that the film got funny and interesting.

Dr Strangelove was easily my favourite character, as he was just so great in the final scenes justifying why he should be put in a bunker with a ratio of 1:10 on men to woman, and having to stop his arm from saluting and repeatedly calling the President "Mein Fuhrer"

However, my complaints are that I knew exactly how the film was going to end, because I'd seen the Simpson's parody it so long ago, which wasn't the films fault.

I don't think I'll go out of my way to watch it again, as it wasn't that great to me, but it still was enjoyable. As long as you can get past the first half hour or so.

Scream 4 - Hoooly shit this sucked. The first ten minutes alone may be the most eye-rolling ten minutes in the history of cinema.

Never make another sequel. That's an order.