What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mask What Ian said in his review. Awesome fun. Never noticed until watching this time that during the balloon scene the Mask pulls out a condom by mistake when making the gangsters balloon animals. Also, the mechanic garage looked a lot like the Ghostbusters HQ to me.

It actually was the Ghostbusters firehouse!

"Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes", the fairly recent animated series, since the Fantastic Four is a group of heroes that I've never really known much about and always passed over in favor of Spider-Man and the X-Men. Saw the first two episodes and they weren't bad but not mind-blowing either. I don't mind the anime influences but still have to ask "What the fuck is up with Johnny Storm's hair?"

The Middleman

Had flashbacks to Will and/or others hectoring me to check this out at C2E2, so I figured I'd check it out. Bizarre fun so far, plus the chick is super-cute, I remember her from guest starring in Parks & Rec. Dude is a little stiff right now, it needs a more of a Nathan Fillion edge in the titular role, but it's giving me warm and fuzzy memories of the live action Tick show. Definitely one I'll continue to watch.

Vanilla Sky: I want two hours of my life back.

Oh come on! I think that film is underrated, its really nicely put together and Cruise puts a lot into it. The supporting cast is awesome too.

The ending feels like it comes out of nowhere, and Cruise just can't make me give a shit about the story. Penelope Cruz was dull, and the only person who seemed to bother was Cameron Diaz.

Vanilla Sky: I want two hours of my life back.

Oh come on! I think that film is underrated, its really nicely put together and Cruise puts a lot into it. The supporting cast is awesome too.

The ending feels like it comes out of nowhere, and Cruise just can't make me give a shit about the story. Penelope Cruz was dull, and the only person who seemed to bother was Cameron Diaz.

Diaz was on and I pretty much fell in love with Penelope Cruz during this film, she's perfect. It's been 4-5 years since I saw it though, maybe I need to re-evaluate.

I miss Cameron Crowe. Elizabeth town had the bad puck to be exactly the same plot as Garden State just not nearly as interesting or well-cast, and after that he's done very little.

Dear God I keep on finding more and more reasons to love Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated. Tonight's episode had one of two interpretations: 1) It was a loving tribute to the Saw franchise or, more likely 2) A parody of the Saw films made by someone who knows how stupid they are. Regardless of which, the episode is a million times better than your average Saw film.

Middleman slowly turned into a complete Mecca of geekism over its single season. Watching the final episode now, and the level of love being show for Star Trek, Escape from New York, 1984, everything, it's awesome.

I mean, overall it's not the greatest show ever, but for a comparatively low-budget US TV family show it's a lot of fun.

OMG it's the power-station set from Power Rangers Forever Red. I should not know that.

Alien: Awesome as ever. It looks fantastic on Blu-Ray. I can't say anything bad about it, except that maybe ten of the last twenty minutes felt rushed, it felt like they had to do some hasty stuff to get to a finale they wanted, and rushed some things forward, before going back to the slow pace for the final, fantastic scene.

Aliens: I watched the directors cut, and nearly two and a half hours long, but it was so awesome. Easily my favourite of the series. The Aliens are barely even in the movie, and yet, I hardly noticed, or cared, this movie kept my attention and had so many great plot threads going on, and was just great fun to watch. I can't wait to go back and listen to the commentary.

Baby Mama:I expected this to be just an unfunny comedy movie, but Tina Fey and Greg Kinnear were so great, I couldn't help but like it.

Aliens VS Predator: Requiem: Shit. It was a generic horror film, that just so happened to feature Aliens VS Predators.

Baby Mama is awesome, glad you liked it. It's the strength of cast that makes it great, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Greg Kinnear, Sigourney Weaver and Steve Martin, they all make it worth your time.

I've talked to the director of Baby Mama, Michael McCullers, he's an alumni of my high school. I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm assuming they are going to do a big paintball episode every season?

Also, I loved how Troy was dressed as Sheriff Bart from my Avatar in this one.

Yeah, that was awesome. I don't know if they'll do a paintball episode next year. It'll be a little hard to top this years two-part epic.