What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suckerpunch: They spent all that money on the CGI to try and cover up for the terrible acting, right? Other than that I'm not sure what the hell to think about this film, since the quality of the visuals (and by that I mean the actresses) completely distracted me from forming a coherant critical thought. I'm even trying to do it now but can't because Vanessa Hudgens.

Watching The Wrestler tonight. Definitely noticing a certain style to Aronofsky's movies, especially in terms of certain shots and themes. This one's definitely big on the pain aspect, though. Uhm, stapler guns, do not want.

EDIT: Finished it. Heartbreaking movie, but really good. Not something I might watch on a regular basis, cause it makes me cringe and squirm in places.

Rifftrax version of Titanic. Not that it needs it, this thing feels like it was written by someone who got halfway through the first chapter of Screenwritering for Dummies and gave up.

Seriously, at this point Billy Zane exists purely to scoff and foreshadow the inevitable.

"Why this ship is unsinkable!"

"I don't know why you collect those paintings, this Pablo Picasso will never amount to anything"

"Whoever heard of water freezing into a large lump that could pierce the side of this ship and kill everyone onboard besides a few survivors? Preposterous!"

"Man will never walk on the moon!"

Winslet is just as irritating so far too, investing in Picassos before he's famous and talking about the ideas of Freud before they'd become prevalent. Seriously, I'm not getting that she's perfect and smarter than everyone else, give it to me in broader brushstrokes. Have her beat a countdown word-puzzle whilst beating three Russian grand masters and predicting the box-office for the film of these events, it'd be about as subtle.

Couldn't someone do to this what they did with Pride and Prejudice, rewrite the whole thing with zombies?

edit- about halfway through now. This is legit completely hilarious, like Pearl Harbour-bad. Did Cameron forget how to write a good script around this time?

Plus acording to this it was Jack and Rose distracting the spotters that caused the accident. They should arrest the 101 year old Rose at the end of the film, charge her with reckless endangerment and have the final shot of the film being her in an orange jumpsuit behind bars. Justice for her victims!

Finally finished it. Atrocious. According to this film the real tragedy of this film is two people hooking up getting killed, all the ugly married people can go hang. Fuck this movie, it'll give it points for how it's shot and everything, and I don't blame the actors, but Cameron took his own line from Terminator "in the gew hours we had together we loved a lifetimes worth", and turned it into utter horseshit.

How is Cameron not considered another George Lucas, a man who got it when he was young but has long since lost it?

Six Degrees of Separation: Stupid, and shit. It starts off interesting, then it just falls apart, and ends with no real resolution.

Spawn: I did not remember it being so god damn cheesy. John Leguizamo is incredibly annoying as the Clown, not annoying because he's supposed to be, just hamming up his performance for no apparent reason.

Muppet Treasure Island: You have Muppets and Tim Curry, what could I dislike about this? Well, the main child actor was annoying, and couldn't act for shit. Other than that, this was really enjoyable.

Muppets in Space: Easily the worst of the Muppets movies I've seen recently. However, I still kind of enjoyed it. The ending was stupid and it did seem to just sort of end, but the rest of the film, was alright.

Alien Resurrection: I remember this being better. Worst line: "Weyland/Yutani, went under years ago. They were bought out....by Wal-Mart. Special effects are alright, though, because this is blu-ray, the Aliens just looked strange in some sequences, and the scene were Ripley "Makes love" with the Xenomorph and has a baby is just strange. It's not an awful film, it's just the worst film in the Alien stand alone franchise, and a crappy way to end the series.

My new goal is to see every film on this list within the next few months. The only exception being the the ones with an absurd run time.

I've already seen quite a few and a lot of them are short, so it seems doable.

21-87 - Apparently this was the film that inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars. It is a deeply depressing view of humanity and the prospects of a machine dominated society, made all the more amazing by the fact that most of it consists of discarded bits that Arthur Lipsett found in an editing room. It really is no secret why Lipsett commited suicide though. Guy was fucking nuts.

23 Skidoo - Eight minutes of black and white footage of a downtown devoid of people. Just as creepy as it sounds.

My new goal is to see every film on this list within the next few months. The only exception being the the ones with an absurd run time.

I've already seen quite a few and a lot of them are short, so it seems doable.

This is like the time I listened only to Buckethead for his entire discography. Only without the lingering head nodding I had for a bout 2 weeks after. I fear for your life.

Angel - Canadian short. I can already tell that some guy from the NFB figured he should just put every single short on their website on the list. Everything is a reverse silhouette. The "plot" has to do with a man, a woman, and a dog that share a pair of wings. Drugs were likely involved.

Absurda - Seen this one before. 2 min horror movie that David Lynch made. As expected, doesn't make a lick of sense.

8 × 8: A Chess Sonata in 8 Movements - Yeah, this was hard to sit through. 80 minutes of a protracted chess metaphor that doesn't really go anywhere and looks like someone's home movies.

Anatomy of Hell - A man in a gay bar stops a woman in the middle of a suicide attempt. She then offers to pay him to watch her for a week, while she talks about her views on sexuality. The entire thing is in French, there are no subtitles, and all of the sex is real.

I've seen worse.

The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes - 32 minutes of autopsy footage without sound, narration, or context. You rarely see anyone's face and you're simply asked to deal with what's in front of you. Often you can't help but wonder what these people were like in life, which just adds a whole other level to it. Not going to forget this one for a long time.

L'Absent - Why are all of these either French or Canadian? I guess you can call this movie experimental if that experiment is one of patience. This is 80 minutes of quite literally nothing happening.

The Age of the Earth - I couldn't for the life of me find a copy of this anywhere. It's a Brazilian film in which the 16 reels of film are presented in random order.

24 Hour Psycho - I'm skipping this one since it's literally just Psycho slowed down to two frames per second. I'm not that masochistic and I fail to see the art in it.

Alila - An Israeli film that's in French with no subtitles. There are about six or seven different main characters and it jumps around a lot. Between Wiki and my meager understanding of the language, I was able to follow it well enough.

Oh, and the main actress is freaking gorgeous.

abecassis.04.23.04.jpg