What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Just finished the first season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. What a well written show. Once you get over the terrible designs on the characters, the animation is quite nice, too. It's rare to see a show get Hulk right, but he's pitch perfect, here.

I'm a fan of most of the designs, myself. Some, like the pitch perfect comic look of Kang, look silly.

Probably my favorite superhero cartoon of all time next to Batman Brave and the Bold.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black Snake Moan- It's been on my rental list as a low priority for ages and finally got thrown up. Big fan of Ricci wearing little to nothing, but there is actually more to this film that makes it sorta work. You really do want the characters win a little, although I had the feeling all the way through that it'd go real dark at the end. It's odd how what starts out as an exploitation movie turns into a reasonably effective drama.

Okay, seriously, Q showing up on MLP and being the trickster/Loki archetype is awesome. And the epic fantasyness of the whole thing is also awesome.

Also, watched Tucker and Dale vs. Evil tonight. Great canadian horror/comedy of errors that's gonna have you rolling at several points. Plus, just a great hick in the woods genre parody. And Alan Tudyk. Find this if you can, and quick.

The Madness of King George - FINALLY I've discovered where you godforsaken colonists picked up the "what what" insult for me and my countrymen! Away from that, there's some great performances here from the late Sir Nigel Hawthorne, Dame Helen Mirren, Ian Holm, Rupert Everett and Rupert Graves, who's nowadays best known as Lestrade in Sherlock. I also like that you don't end the film sympathising with the king - the one main difference in story between this film and The King's Speech, which isn't an ultimately dissimilar film.

The life of David Gale: I've wanted to see this for years. So, finally watching it was a really big let down. It goes along at a very slow pace, and doesn't try to hold your interest after the first half hour, sort of acting like "Well....you watch Kevin Spacey have sex with that hot girl.....now endure 90 minutes of nothing happening" I won't be watching it again. 2.5 out of 5 stars.