What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is that they're trying to paint him as the sane man and it just makes him feel like the condescending man. Quite frankly, can't wait for Robin to break up with him.

Exactly! At this point, he's more annoying than anything else.

He really is. I quite like the groups dynamic, and him coming in, and saying they're all crazy, just felt, strange.

I have residual resentment from the way he went out on House.

What the fact that he quit do be in politics, only to go back a year or two later? Or the fact the killed him with no explanation or reason because he ditched the show and they wanted him to pay for it?

It was well handled in my mind actually, one of the more significant moments in that show's history, but to be honest I felt like him walking out as though working for Obama was going to be some sunshine and puppydogs situation was misguided. That's not a comment on Obama, I've have voted for him if I were eligible, but I did resent the pie in the sky blind optimism that infected a lot of people around his election. Kal Penn was a good actor who was known for stoner movies and then got himself a decent role in a long-running show, and then he threw it all away when it was obvious all along he'd have to come back to acting pretty quickly.

He lost a paying gig on a long term TV show because he wanted to work for Obama for one year? God, that's even stupider that I thought.

It's not an actual resentment thing, it's just similar for me to when Seth Green quit Buffy. They handled it well, it was even a positive for the show in the long run, but he quit at a point where I was really into it and I didn't like that, especially when he quit to do nothing of note. I'd get it if he or Kal had bigger movie careers to move on to but they don't.

He lost a paying gig on a long term TV show because he wanted to work for Obama for one year? God, that's even stupider that I thought.

It's not an actual resentment thing, it's just similar for me to when Seth Green quit Buffy. They handled it well, it was even a positive for the show in the long run, but he quit at a point where I was really into it and I didn't like that, especially when he quit to do nothing of note. I'd get it if he or Kal had bigger movie careers to move on to but they don't.

max1108040125-front-cover.jpg

I bought a few of the RiffTrax shorts. Fucking hilarious shit!

At Your Fingertips: Grass - It's a filmstrip about the wonders of grass and how it makes everything more awesome. Plus, you get to see how kids can fashion them into arcane totems and masks that they'll have ready for your sacrifice.

Paper and I: A young buy becomes possessed by the spirit of bags. Baggy is apparently the cousin of Coily the Spring Sprite (extra points if you get the reference) because he has the ability to take all the paper in the world away.

Magical Disappearing Money: This one stars the cousin of Mr. B. Natural, only more feminine and more willing to fuck with people. She also haunts the grocery store and shop lifts.

Watched the two Fantastic Four movies (the ones from the 2000s; not touching the 1994 one). Overall wasn't impressed despite going in with low expectations, though I will say that Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis were great as the Torch and the Thing. Ioan Gruffudd's Reed is one of the worst instances of a Brit playing an American that I've ever seen (that's also the case with his performance as Mr. Miracle in JLU), while Alba's Sue looks nothing like Evans' Johnny, and Julien McMahon's delivery as Doom resembled that of Dr. Evil.