SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'd make a fine political analyst.

And you'd make a fine candidate for the Republican nomination.

"I was only helping the pig financially" ;)

At this point, a pig would be a better candidate than the real ones. It'd be cleaner, more morally upright, more consistent in speech and behavior, and probably rolls around in less crap.

Black Mirror, Charlie Brooker's new show, is fucking DARK. Three Twilight Zone style tales in the series and in the first one the following occurs- A Kate Middleton equivalent is kidnapped and there is just one demand. She will be executed at 4pm later that day unless the Prime Minister has sex with a pig live on national television. Yup, you read that right.

Damn. Just damn. That was suspenseful, and the worst part was, you can truly believe that that could actually happen. It wasn't really exaggerated in any way, and the conclusion, was so damn realistic.

Black Mirror once again proves to be one of the best things on TV this year. I mean damn, Game of Thrones is still the overall breakout show but Black Mirror's doing some incredible stuff right now. This week's small-set dystopia looked and felt tremendous, and the story arc really worked well. Parodies of popular TV shows often feel dragged down to their subject's level, but this actually never did.

Been watching "The Crow: City of Angels" on Netflix. It is so, so bad that I have been having a fun little time with it. It is full of 90s cheese and cliches. After the godawful (and not fun) first episode (a god awful PG re-imagining of the movie), the show has settled into the standard 90s TV patterns. It is basically Crow: Texas Ranger and I am enjoying every minute of it.

Have you ever wanted to see Pulp Fiction in chronological order? Well, here's your chance.

It's a vastly different viewing experience, obviously, but something I didn't expect is how much this version resembles Sin City. With the way the story is structured into semi-related chapters, the over-the-top violence, Butch's jump from the window, the surreal scene in the car with Esmarelda, and, well, Bruce Willis, it would not surprise me at all if Robert Rodriguez based his adaptation of Frank Miller's comics on his buddy's movie.

Black Mirror, Charlie Brooker's new show, is fucking DARK. Three Twilight Zone style tales in the series and in the first one the following occurs- A Kate Middleton equivalent is kidnapped and there is just one demand. She will be executed at 4pm later that day unless the Prime Minister has sex with a pig live on national television. Yup, you read that right.

Damn. Just damn. That was suspenseful, and the worst part was, you can truly believe that that could actually happen. It wasn't really exaggerated in any way, and the conclusion, was so damn realistic.

Finally got around to watching this. Hoooly shit. Are the other episodes as great as the first?

Finally got around to watching this. Hoooly shit. Are the other episodes as great as the first?

The second episode is better in my opinion, less shocking but incredibly creative and the characters are more developed. The third episode is this sunday.