What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Yeah well at least we can agree that we have different preferences on stand ups in the case of Stewart Lee.

Been watching a lot of Crystal Maze recently, it was cancelled ten years ago and when they chaneged the host to Ed Tudor-Pole I never liked him but now I do.

I noticed today that he plays the host as sort of an eccentric villian who hates the contestants but doens't want them to know and really just guess that he thinks he's better than them and that he hopes the get locked in and fuck up the games that he has put them on and don't win anything at the end of the day.

Seeing it from that view gives the whole new level of enjoyment to me.

Even the shit teams are worth watching now.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw Watchmen for a second time. Though I liked it the first time, I wasn't sure how much I enjoyed it. Having seen it once more, I can safely say I love it.

I'm with you on this. The first time I watched it, I was looking to have my fanboy button pushed. When I saw it a second time, I was able to appreciate it more as a movie on its merits. I definitely liked it better the second time.

O Brother, Where Art Thou?: The first time I saw this, like eight or nine years back, I hated it. Now, I want to know what the hell was wrong with me back then. Great music, Clooney is downright lovable, and great references to 'The Odyssey.' And John Goodman is freakin' awesome in here, too.

Kings.

More or less a modern day retelling of the biblical book of Kings, with what looks like an alternate history analogue for modern day America, though it's not quite clear whether or not it's actually that (we've yet to see a world map).

Bout halfway in, and I'm really liking it. I'd recommend at least giving the pilot a watch, see what you think of it.

I just want to say that a world that commissions three more series of Two and a Half Men but cancels Arrested Development is a world that has finally proved there is no god. According to the info in the article its the most popular sit-com in the US with over 15 million viewers. What the hell is wrong with you people!?

This Morning With Richard Not Judy. The most offensive thing ever broadcast on the BBC at lunchtimes on a Sunday. Two series of deliberately bad sketches, animal-innuendo and general satirical genius. TMWRNJ should quite probably never have been broadcast but I'm so glad it was.

Hellraisers 1-3

1: is a good movie and was entertaining though it has aged a little badly.

2: Julia is the star if this show and is really evil. Easily inferior to the first movie, but not a bad movie, an alright movie but relys too much on the set.

3: watching this right now, and it is fucking terrible. Nothing is happening and i am bored as all hell.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked 1, thought two was alright and three is a horribly boring Freddys dead style movie.

I haven't got to the new cenobites in three yet, but when I do I will say this: Why not have the ones from the first two movies.

Sure they were killed, but so was pinhead and he's back.

The new Cenobites was an attempt at being new and edgy. It didn't work. III sucks.

The original is a fucking classic that stands up today better than most other films made TODAY. I will hear nothing to the contrary.

Two is flawed but is still beautiful with some of the best imagery a horror film has ever had. The monster at the end accounts for much of the "flawed" I mentioned.

Oh the first one is great.

Just finished the third movie.

Theirs something wrong if I keep checking the clock during the movie.

Fuck all happens, then one scene where something happens, then a lot more fuck all happens, then another crappy scene, then the ending.

I was thinking about checking out four after watchin gna dnejoying one and two, but fuck that now.

Two worthwhile notes: the main heroin went on to play reggie in Becker. And right at the end for a split second in the builders yard theirs a clip in the background of a skull/cenobite thing that is only screen for a quarter of a second.

This movie was utter garbage and really is horrible.

Now I love two and think one is better than ever.

I need to forget ever watching that movie.

All I have left is the extras disc and then the commentaries to watch.

1 is a great movie and when i say it aged badly, I mainly mean the setting and clothes in that you can tell it is from the 80's with the clothes, but it is still an awesome movie.

Another gripe I just remembered is the change of camera look from every other scene to scenes in the club, the scenes in the club look like they were shot on an old school videocamera that was then recorded off a tv screen and the sound poorly put back on.

The only good part of three was Doug Bradley as pinhead and even his performance wasn't that great and felt like he phoned in part of it.

After two there's a steep decline. Four is an interesting but very uneven attempt to explain the universe. Five is a great supernatural cop thriller that just happens to have Pinhead in it for about 27 seconds and six-eight are variable in their shittiness.

And as the one on this board who feels Deep Space Nine is levenge times better than anything else in the Star Trek universe, I feel compelled to say that she was Jadzia Dax.

Becker? Did anyone actually watch that?

Candyman.

I saw this for the first time in years after buying the special edition.

It's alright, it's not special and I will probably never watch this again.

The extras were actually more interesting than the movie at points, and the only part of the movie that was awesome was Tony Todd who played Candyman. Every time he spoke you would sit down, listen and believe whatever he had to say.

This movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special so I'm giving it a 6 out of 10.

Now for Dread to say why I'm wrong and this movie is a classic.

I remember seeing the sequel farewell to the flesh years ago and except for a sequence where you see how Candyman became candyman it was not a good movie.

Also I loved the piano song that they had in this movie that really set an eerie mood and almost felt like candymans theme.

Virginia Madsen was alright in this movie as the female lead, but she was anything special.

I think I need to watch it again, but I wasn't as blown away by Charlie Brooker's Newswipe as I thought I'd be. Maybe it's because I was expecting a bigger Screenwipe vibe, but something felt off about it. Having said that, I'd love to get that t-shirt with Gordon Brown's face over the words "Epic fail".

I also watched "I've never seen Star Wars" afterwards because I'm a fan of Marcus Brigstocke and liked the Radio 4 version that was on earlier in the year. Imagine Room 101 but with the 5 hated items being replaced with 5 things the guest has never experienced before.

I finished Batman Beyond Season 1, my first time watching it. While it's enjoyable and it frankly got better as it went along, There are few times when I enjoy it as much I enjoyed the original Batman animated series (which I also watched again recently about a year and a half ago). There are some gems in Beyond though, the episode with Mr. Freeze was absolutely fantastic and really brought the story full circle if you ignore the ridiculous spider-head freeze episode. The episode about love vs. duty, Dead Man's Hand, was also really good and one of my favorites, and a loved the little crack at the end "Did I ever tell you about Selina Kyle." Some other good episodes were Heroes where they satired the Fantastic Four was also an interesting episode, along with Spellbound and a Touch of Curare. What I didn't like is the heavy emphasis on the corparate crime theme, I really can't stand that theme and it permeates throughout much of the first season, almost everything dealing with Powers was boring to me and I didn't really care about it much. I'm going to keep watching in the hopes that it gets better. If I'm still not feeling it half-way through season 2, I'm going to drop it and move on to Justice League (which I haven't watched either).

Finished Season 2 of Spectacular Spider-man and honestly, it's probably the best Marvel show ever. It hits all the right notes almost all of the time (outside of the flub that was Venom in Season 1, episode 13, but even that is carefully fixed). Easily the best rendition of the Green Goblin, the best action sequence comparable to the film version, and the juggles a great supporting cast, tons of villains, romantic subplots, season long arcs, and story of the week with ease.