What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

The Pirates: Band of Misfits: Cute enough film. It uses stop-motion really well and it's going to be the only film that has Queen Victoria dual-wielding swords. It had more than a laughs.

The Maltese Falcon: Once again, just fucking wonderful. Just the way that the film is so finely crafted, the twists, the carefully planned shots, the dialogue. This is the kind of movie that you would take to bed with you and then make breakfast for the next morning. It's that good. Humphrey Bogart is probably in the top 10 of actors who ever lived.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just finished Warm Bodies. I liked it. There are a few nitpicky things, like why the escalator is still on at the airport and how a zombie managed to find a working outlet on a plane for his record player, but overall I enjoyed it.

Same here. It lacked a little heart, wasn't as charming as I had hoped, and was semi-predictable, but overall it was decent.

White Collar - I really liked the first two seasons back when I had cable, so I went back to the beginning and watched all four seasons. While I still like the show, it is not something that does well with a rapid watch-thru. Repeatable paint-by-numbers plots as one would expect, but I feel the actors are all charming enough to make it above average. Not something I will ever revisit, but I will watch the fifth season after it has aired.

I just finished Warm Bodies. I liked it. There are a few nitpicky things, like why the escalator is still on at the airport and how a zombie managed to find a working outlet on a plane for his record player, but overall I enjoyed it.

Same here. It lacked a little heart, wasn't as charming as I had hoped, and was semi-predictable, but overall it was decent.

Warm Bodies suffered a little because of the tension between being a parody of a zombie film and being a semi-parody/semi-faithful version of a twilight style story. It winds up doing none of these things well. Not a horrible movie but not really focussed in on achieving any one thing.

Since Buffy is back up on Netflix I've been hopping through episodes. Some thoughts-

Buffy and Angel's relationship is deeply wrong. So inappropriate. I mean, I never saw it as a teenager watching this but man, if a guy told me he was waiting for his girlfriend to get out of high school for the day I'd pretty much be sold on him as a sicko. What the hell is wrong with Angel? This whole deal is NOT ok.

I'm legitimately worried that Oz isn't so much taciturn and monosyllabic by choice but by some unidentified condition. "Ice is cool, it's like water but not" helps my case there.

The Watchers Council seem almost entirely disinterested in helping the Slayer. They can afford huge offices, retreats into the country etc but they can't spring for the Slayer to have a car or free heathcare, stuff like that? Not only that but they seem dead-set on sending their least favourite sons to actually handle the Slayer, neither Wesley or Giles seem well liked or well treated by the council. Put simply, working for the council and not working for the council seem to be entirely the same circumstance except that every so often a team of pudgy middle ages British guys will show up to try and kidnap someone. Also, if you will insist on drugging Slayers and throwing them in the Vampires when they're 18 it's no wonder they all die young. I just don't get the logic behind their whole thing. The fate of the world is at stake, you can't give the girl a credit card?

Congratulations, and welcome to the inherent creepiness that is becoming more and more evident the deeper you go into Buffy. <3 (Hint: the condition is called drugs. :P)

Mainlining as much of Hannibal as I can stand today. I'm on episode 3. I'm never eating anything ever again.

Congratulations, and welcome to the inherent creepiness that is becoming more and more evident the deeper you go into Buffy. <3 (Hint: the condition is called drugs. :P)

You're right, he's totally a weird stoner but somehow he's far more present than he should be. Like he's gotten so used to trying to cover how stoned he is that he's at peace with it?

Every time Scott Hope walks onto the set they must think an extra has got above himself. Poor forgettable Scott.

I think I'm hoarding Hannibal for later in the year when there's slim pickings TV-wise.