What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interested to hear what you think of Donna. By the end of Season 4 she was my favorite companion from the new series.

Just finished season four.

Donna was great. I usually can't stand Catherine Tate, but I really liked her in Dr Who.

I still think Rose was the best companion, but Donna was almost as great.

I guess I'm preffering Rose as I thought season two was the best season so far.

So my rankings for the seasons go:

1: Season 2

2: Season 4.

3: Season 3

4: Season 4 as it has shown some age now.

I really wish they had more episodes to play with the dynamic between Donna and the Doctor, as the runaway bride was easily my favourite episode of the season three set.

Guest DCAUFan1051

gonna have an action & whodunit sunday first up this morning into the afternnon are:

After The Thin Man (William Powell, Myrna Loy based off the Dashiell Hammet novels it was the second in the film franchise)

S.W.A.T.

Torque

Top Gun

National Treasure 1 & 2

that should take me through the evening as there's really nothing on sunday nights anymore.

Saw Gran Torino last night. Its crazy, Eastwood's character should be seen as an awful racist but really, he hates everyone equally so it doesn't come off that way. Most of the cast aside from the man himself were pretty poor but it really didn't matter.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm having a full DCAU Saturday gonna watch all the episodes from all the shows minus Static, Zeta, and TT as I don't have those DVD's...... I'm being very lazy, but productive in doing this because I'm working on a super secret project....... shhhhhh :D

On another note I'm watching Christmas With Joker and I've had a realization that the joker always gets TV Airtime guess he loves being on TV.

Just got hooked on Gavin & Stacey (wonderfully accessible romance between and essex boy and a Welsh girl with a blinding supporting cast, a show that pokes fun at and handles affectionately modern attitudes and social whys and wherefores like real life inspired by TV).

Also just got the complete Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe, which is epic in its comedic examination of the good and bad of modern TV, as well as providing an education in its production. You won't take anything for granted after watching this, although you'll probably get fustrated at the sheer cash and manpower that goes into make so much of the tosh thats on tv these days.

Also just got the complete Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe, which is epic in its comedic examination of the good and bad of modern TV, as well as providing an education in its production. You won't take anything for granted after watching this, although you'll probably get fustrated at the sheer cash and manpower that goes into make so much of the tosh thats on tv these days.

That's on DVD??!?!? I mean, in that it's all on youtube, it'd be pretty low on my purchase list, but still.

That's on DVD??!?!? I mean, in that it's all on youtube, it'd be pretty low on my purchase list, but still.

Er, yes, "DVD". Ahem.

Er, yes, "DVD". Ahem.

Use this link and erase your sense of shame!

Just watched the final three episodes of Red Dwarf. Pretty poor all around, the writing was sub-season 7 and the concept was executed far better by the League of Gentlemen in their film. The only real amusement stemmed from their references to a fictional season 9 of the show and a some decent continuity, since the aesthetic of the show reflected almost all the different looks that the series has gone through.

Self-indulgent fan script tripe. This show should have ended at season 6, or at least just provided a real conclusion during season 8. I really don't mind 7 & 8 that much there are some cracking episodes in there, its just that Rimmer destroying the time drive and wiping them all from reality in a first and last great heroic act was so fitting a finale.

Still need to see the episodes, saw only part two so far, but you are right, they are doing it a lot better than the league of gentlemen film.

No no, I said that it was done better BY the League of Gentlemen. League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse was a decent film with a really neat postmodern idea. Red Dwarf just ripped it off wholesale.

Still need to see the episodes, saw only part two so far, but you are right, they are doing it a lot better than the league of gentlemen film.

No no, I said that it was done better BY the League of Gentlemen. League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse was a decent film with a really neat postmodern idea. Red Dwarf just ripped it off wholesale.

Oh, sorry Stavros.

The first thing I thought of was that the league of gentlemen did do exactly the same thing though, it did feel really self indulgent the second part of the trilogy which is the only one I've seen so far.