SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I need to watch that again.

Watched all of True Detective Saturday. It's gonna require another watch through, but I honestly loved the character arcs and the Lovecraftian references woven throughout.

Caught up on the latest season of Archer, too - it flagged in places this season, but was still pretty consistently awesome. I've heard what they're doing for the current season, and I'm honestly curious about where they're gonna go next.

Oh yeah, and Hannibal season 2 continues to be a fucking masterpiece and is really good about utterly destroying me every Friday night.

Re-watched two very different films, but both favourites of mine:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?: I'm sure this will get covered on Pulp Diction at some point, but this viewing saw me appreciate the noir beats even more than previously. To that extent, Bob Hoskins is amazing in this film, whilst Christopher Lloyd's Judge Doom is a great villain. The effects hold up pretty well too. All in all, amazing film.

Black Death: Historical epic with action and horror thrown in. Sean Bean leads a gang of mercenaries employed by a bishop to seek out a necromancer, who is preserving a village from the plague. A young monk with ulterior motives gets dragged along as their guide. And no-one has a particularly nice time! The film pushes a number of my buttons and I like Christopher Smith movies in general - I have Dread Media to thank for that!

So, the final episode of Shameless is...weird. Not very good and quite divergent form the actual plot of the show (unless they were trying to spin the Maguires off into their own show) but at least we got a lot of Yvonne. She has become one of my all-time favorite TV characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Party Down: A fun series that I can understand why people wish there was a movie. The cast alone (Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, Lizzy Caplan, Megan Mullally among others) makes the entire thing worth it. Like I said, it's worth checking out. It's only 20 episodes but it's 20 episodes of awesome.

I'm finally finishing Batman:The Brave and the Bold (Thanks, Netflix!), and I'm loving this.

-The Question defeats Darkseid.

-Batman meets Scooby-Doo!

-Seriously, Vic Sage defeats Darkseid.

-The Birds of Prey!

-The Superman episode is a monument to Superdickery.

-Alfred's Future Fan Fiction!

-I'm so serious, The Question beats motherfucking Darkseid.

What a ride, so far. Love this show.

Finished the 5th season of White Collar. This was a straight regression for pretty much everybody. All the character growth of the last two seasons was just forgotten for no reason. And what really annoys is the potential they had with the season 4 cliffhanger. Instead, ten minutes and it is resolved. That doesn't help the cliffhanger to end this season.

Up to episode 6 of Hannibal. In all seriousness, it's excellent but Charlie Brookers invention of the phrase 'artisan killer' always hangs in the back of my mind. What happened to plain old fashioned murderers? Why does everyone need an arts grant and a masters dissertation titled "Why I Slaughter: Death in the age of Rationalism". You could turn pictures of all the murders in this show into a classy coffee table book.

Up to episode 6 of Hannibal. In all seriousness, it's excellent but Charlie Brookers invention of the phrase 'artisan killer' always hangs in the back of my mind. What happened to plain old fashioned murderers? Why does everyone need an arts grant and a masters dissertation titled "Why I Slaughter: Death in the age of Rationalism". You could turn pictures of all the murders in this show into a classy coffee table book.

Because people who kill once don't plot out the various intricacies of their murders. Serial killers have a pattern, their method they like to use. That's how I interpreted it.

Because people who kill once don't plot out the various intricacies of their murders. Serial killers have a pattern, their method they like to use. That's how I interpreted it.

Sure, notable serial killers have patterns and impulses they carry out, but typically that doesn't translate to turning every victim into an installation at the Tate Modern. Every serial killer in this show is a craftsman of the highest order. What happened to abducting an impressionable teen, killing them, humping the corpse and eating a little raw liver? I mean, even Buffalo Bill looks like a caveman compared to the renaissance psychopaths they dream up on this show.

it's not a problem with the show, it's just something that makes it more amusing than genuinely scary.

Sure, notable serial killers have patterns and impulses they carry out, but typically that doesn't translate to turning every victim into an installation at the Tate Modern. Every serial killer in this show is a craftsman of the highest order. What happened to abducting an impressionable teen, killing them, humping the corpse and eating a little raw liver? I mean, even Buffalo Bill looks like a caveman compared to the renaissance psychopaths they dream up on this show.

it's not a problem with the show, it's just something that makes it more amusing than genuinely scary.

Local cops deal with those guys. I think the show is showing more elaborate ones, as they would require the expertise of the different areas of the FBI.