SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several films today-

Kung Fu Panda- The opening animation style was amazing, nothing against the rest of it but I'd love to see a whole film made that way. Nice little story here, very basic plot, no real laugh-out loud moments in there but I still found myself rooting for the Panda. Worth a look in, one of Dreamworks better CGI efforts.

How to Lose Friends & Alienenate People- Dull. Simon Pegg is good as usual and I don't even mind most of the rest of the cast, its just that the overall story feels totally compramised by the useless rom-com they crammed in. Skip it.

The Princess Bride- Looks cheap but the scripting and action are top-notch. Well worth a look in, if you can get past the fact that it looks like it was shot for TV in the 80's you'll have a ball with this.

I finally saw the red dwarf specials.

They were alright, but I didn't think they were that great.

I won't be getting the DVD and will probably never watch it again, but still it was nice, but wasn't what I hoped for, and didn't really clean things up and was more of a "Meh, we got money for this so we're going to try some crap" I guessed the twist in the first part.

• 2 weeks later...

X-Men: A flawed but very fun film. Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen both knock it out of the park. Jackman is solid as Wolverine and Famke Jansen, James Marsden and Halle Berry are all awful, just... awful. The plot structure is a bit clunky, but it's a very solid effort with some nicely done effects. The fight between Wolverine and Mystique is a highlight, too. 6/10

X2: X-Men United: Not to say X-Men was bad, but this was miles and miles ahead. The script, the roles, whatever, they fit the actors in a much tighter, manner, even former weak points like Jean, Storm and Cyclops were nicely hidden. Brian Cox owns. this. fucking. movie. There is no reason that he should not have been back for Wolverine Origins, age be damned. Magneto and the professor were both handled nicely, as was Wolverine. Alan Cumming reminds the world that he doesn't deserve his awful resume, by showing us he can act. The raid on the mansion was awesome, showcasing (in a minor way) Colossus and Siryn, in cameos done right. They story flowed very naturally and it was nice to see Magneto no be the big bad. 8/10.

X3: I'm drunk, because I hoped that would help this damn movie.

It didn't.

Kelsey Grammar, Hugh Jackman and Ellen Page are clearly the only actors who gave a shit. Famke Jansenn is a fucking potted plant as the Phoenix, and the rest of this movie can jam itself up it's own ass.

3/10.

EDIT: And I hope Brett Ratner gets hit by lightning.

Saw the Scrubs finale. Preston is right it was a great send off.

I liked how we got the Janitors name finally and it was so simple yet so brilliant.

Glen Miller and then the other guy passes the janitor after JD leaves and calls him Tommy.

A good send off and I hope they don't do the spin off. Yes, it's a spin off no matter how they word it as "Season 9, but without JD and will probably be under a different name."

I watched Voices of a Distant Star, it's just a really great film. And yet it's 30 minutes and I feel entirely satisfied. I usually dislike most anime, but this was really good. It's a simple and complete story, it makes sense, and it doesn't take 2 hours to get going like most series do. I would suggest anybody to go watch it.