What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Bobby: (stepping out of the shower) What's the matter? You look like you just saw a ghost.

Pam: I dreamt about Batman and Robin

Bobby: What're you talkin' about?

Pam: Oh, Bobby, it was awful. When I woke up, I thought I saw nipples.

Bobby: What??

Pam: I had a nightmare, a terrible nightmare. I dreamed that was a man dressed in black leather with little pointy nipples. And he was fighting crime with another man dressed in leather with little pointy nipples. And there was a woman dressed in leather, but without nipples for some reason. And there was a man dressed in white, who kept making these terrible puns about ice, and a woman who could control plants. And Batman had his own credit card.

Bobby: Hey... Pam, I've never heard of this movie.

Pam: There was so much more, and Bobby it seemed so real! There were these evil hockey players dressed in neon colors. And a Bane was just a big dumb muscle man. And the dialogue was terrible.

Bobby: (chuckling) Sounds like you dreamt it all up.

Pam: (crying again) I was so afraid. Oh, I love you so much.

Bobby: Honey, it's over. None of that happened.

I haven't watched that much T.V lately. My girlfriend bought the second season of Dexter, so I've seen the first couple of episodes from that.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike, who are the dragons on the show your watching? Have you got Debra Meading yet?

Peter Jones, Duncan Bannatyne, Simon Woodroffe, Theo Paphitis, Rachel Elnaugh and Doug Richard.

Deborah Meaden hasn't appeared yet. Why do you ask? Is she ruthless?

She's the female Duncan Bannatyne. You will love this ruthless, evil, money, grabbing, Meading.

Right now the shows I am watching and enjoying are:

One Tree Hill (I'm a sucker for teen soaps), Weeds, Skins, Doctor Who, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Dexter, The L Word, Stargate: Atlantis, CSI (the original Las Vegas one), Criminal Minds, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Psych, NCIS, Bones, Chuck, Heroes, 24, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Supernatural, House, and Law & Order: SVU.

I also love Nevermind the Buzzcocks and The Graham Norton Show, but those are just game/talk shows not technically regular TV shows.

And the shows that I still enjoy that have been cancelled and/or ended:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Veronica Mars, Roswell, Stargate SG-1, The Dead Zone, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Six Feet Under, and SeaQuest DSV.

I used to watch Lost but I gave up last season. I was such an apologist for that show but they make it hard to watch. I missed two episodes and it was an entirely different show. Boo

Yes, Nevermind the Buzzcocks is one of the funniest things I have ever watched. I would love a collection of that.

Weeds and Dexter I watch on DVD so I wasn't counting that. (Mmmmmm....Mary Louise Parker...)

Ironically Schumacher on the commentary said he took influences for batman and robin from B:TAS.

I don't know about that - I wouldn't say that Schumaker or Schwarzenegger had even SEEN any of the episodes with Mr. Freeze (Arnold. In a bathrobe. In the freezer. Conducting the shivering goons singing the snowman song. Shudder.)

I do have to say, though, that when I look at the Riddler's origin in "Batman Forever", I can see a LOT of similarities to "Mad As A Hatter", so I can believe that much.

I had downloaded "Children Of The Gods from iTunes, then immediately got the rest of Stargate SG-1 on DVD - about midway through the 7th season now. I think a big part of why I like it is the flexibility - there's a military/espionage/political story one week, the next week they're attacking the Death Star, and the week after that, they're negotiating with Mongul horsemen. The basic premise of the show gives them a lot of flexibility in the kind of story they want to tell.

Ironically Schumacher on the commentary said he took influences for batman and robin from B:TAS.

I don't know about that - I wouldn't say that Schumaker or Schwarzenegger had even SEEN any of the episodes with Mr. Freeze (Arnold. In a bathrobe. In the freezer. Conducting the shivering goons singing the snowman song. Shudder.)

I do have to say, though, that when I look at the Riddler's origin in "Batman Forever", I can see a LOT of similarities to "Mad As A Hatter", so I can believe that much.

I had downloaded "Children Of The Gods from iTunes, then immediately got the rest of Stargate SG-1 on DVD - about midway through the 7th season now. I think a big part of why I like it is the flexibility - there's a military/espionage/political story one week, the next week they're attacking the Death Star, and the week after that, they're negotiating with Mongul horsemen. The basic premise of the show gives them a lot of flexibility in the kind of story they want to tell.

Well he did say it in the commentary and the wife story for Mr Freeze being a villain did come straight from the TV show.

Well he did say it in the commentary and the wife story for Mr Freeze being a villain did come straight from the TV show.

Maybe he got the dry facts from BTAS, but he sure didn't seem to have a clue about what to do with them. Yeah, his wife was in stasis with an incurable disease, but basically, he was just played as another over-the-top villain with a cold gun, just as he had been before Timm & Co. rewrote his origin. Schumacher may have taken notes from a character bio, but he sure missed the heart of the character.

Maybe he got the dry facts from BTAS, but he sure didn't seem to have a clue about what to do with them. Yeah, his wife was in stasis with an incurable disease, but basically, he was just played as another over-the-top villain with a cold gun, just as he had been before Timm & Co. rewrote his origin. Schumacher may have taken notes from a character bio, but he sure missed the heart of the character.

Oh I'm not saying he followed BTAS completely. I'm just saying it sounded like he tried to shift the blame onto someone else, god I hate Schumacher.

Just finished Six Feet Under Season 2, and I was a bit disappointed in the series, it wasn't as fun or nearly as entertaining as season 1.

I'm going to just leave season 3 unless someone can tell me that season 3 is better.

Also Jeremy Sisto was awesome in this show, and he could play a young Batman in a Justice League movie.

Just finished Six Feet Under Season 2, and I was a bit disappointed in the series, it wasn't as fun or nearly as entertaining as season 1.

I'm going to just leave season 3 unless someone can tell me that season 3 is better.

Of the seasons I've seen, the first is the best. But as I said before, the last few episodes of the third season really get inside your head.

I just finished the fifth season of Deep Space Nine, and WOW! What a cliffhanger! This show is officially better than TNG!

I have just started Season 3 of The Wire and I love it. It's unbelievably good. The first two episodes usually set up the theme for that season and typically are slower but it starts banging out afterwards and hooks the viewer in.

I try and pimp this show out to every one I know.

I'm not doing appointment television this year. I can stand the pacing. With a week in between each episode. I'm officially waiting for dvds to be available from Netflix. Or in some cases (like Lost), for the show to be over.

Guest DCAUFan1051

watched Smallville last night WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

also premieres I'm looking forward to this coming week

TUES: NCIS Season 6

TUES: L&O: SVU I dunno what season they're in lol

that's pretty much it everything else I like that came back is back and seeing as I've already seen Episode 1 of Knight Rider I won't be watching that again lol..... well unless I do it on the iPhone lmao

• 1 month later...

Hmmm how did I miss this thread....

Current Shows

Greek - It only started here in Oz about 6 weeks ago and I totally love it. Really fantastic writing.

NCIS - I don't care what Peter Griffin says, Mark Harmon is awesome

House MD - New season isn't as good, but since the PI came in it got heaps better

30 Rock - Alec Baldwin is fantastic. Fave quote so far, "I thought you made love like an ugly woman; all needy and eager to please".

The Shield - When I can get the latest stuff. Top 5 best shows ever for me

Entourage - Like the Shield, when I can get them

Dexter - But I'll be waiting a while for Season 3.

Re-Runs

Law and Order - SVU - Seriously, if I'm flicking channels and this is on, I find it hard to keep flicking

3rd Rock from the Sun - Repeated viewing of this show just amaze me, I love subtle social commentary so this is right up my alley

Will & Grace - Unlike most people, I hate the Jack and Karen stuff. I like the W&G stuff so much more

Futurama - Really enjoying this multiple times around. Did anyone notice how sad Season 4 was. I have cried watching episodes of freakin Futurama (Jurassic Bark and The Sting) and I'm man enough to admit it :)