What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Season 9 of Scrubs. I don't want to say I expect the show to fall apart when Braff leaves, but it will. They had the perfect chance to get him out the way in the first episode, and set up a new status quo for the show, and they didn't, they got scared and now when he does leave, the show will not work.

I am enjoying season 9, but my money is on it being the last series of the show, as now, after 3 episodes, it's clear none of the cast can take Braffs place.

Dexter just ended minutes ago, and oh my fucking god was it awesome!

Dexter may have killed trinity, but Trinity got the last laugh by killing Rita in a bathtub and leaving baby Harrison in the bathroom with her. Which is the way Dexter was born.

All in all, a little slow a points, and a storyline pay off was shit, but this whole series of Dexter can be described in two words "Fucking awesome!"

John Lithgow as Trinity steals the show and he is so creepy, you can't help but hate him, and yeah, he feels so human, he is almost like the ulitmate real life villain.

Season 5 cannot come fast enough.

Damn this years wait, I want it now!

If you don't want to know how series 4 ends, do not read the spoiler.

RITAAAAAAAAAA! Oh, man. Oh, man.

She was killed in the bathtub, which is how Trinity kills his victims, he cuts an artery and holds up a mirror for them to watch themselves die.

But in all honesty Preston, she was taken out by Lithgow, which, would be fucking awesome. Lithgow is awesome.

I just realised that and it is quite fucking disturbing.

This is Dexter season 4 finale stuff. Don't look at Spoiler if you don't want to know who dies.

I think by making The Phantom Menace, Jedi became a lot better movie. After dealing with Jar Jar Binks, I realize that there are worse things than Ewoks that he could have put in that movie.

Oh, hey, I really like Jedi a lot. I think it maintains that genuine sense of character that the other Original Trilogy films had.

It's just not as good as Empire.

Finally, weeks after watching Empire, I'm finally going to see return of the jedi.

Um... don't get your hopes up. >_<

I think by making The Phantom Menace, Jedi became a lot better movie. After dealing with Jar Jar Binks, I realize that there are worse things than Ewoks that he could have put in that movie.

Yeah, they weren't in the movie so much that I had to say enough of the fuckers.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but it was one of those films, that when you compare with empire, or the original, it's easily the weakest.

Also, will George Lucas stop adding stupid fucking effects to the movies! For christs sake it felt like every other scene had some shit that I don't care about happening in it.

Thankfully, my set comes with the originals, which I'll be watching next time.

I'm watching The Breakfast Club for the first time in years. It's amazing how well it holds up, even though some of the language is really dated. The performances are amazing. Particularly from Anthony Michael Hall. All the little stutters and awkwardness when he speaks is so natural. Emilio Estevez was the only poor performance in my opinion.

Oh, hey, I really like Jedi a lot. I think it maintains that genuine sense of character that the other Original Trilogy films had.

It's just not as good as Empire.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK still remains as the best of all six STAR WARS. The sad fact is this: George Lucas isn't a good director. A lot of it comes from the fact that he's not as comfortable with actors as he is with technology. With EMPIRE he turned over the directing to a seasoned director and got two of the best screenwriters to write the movie.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK still remains as the best of all six STAR WARS. The sad fact is this: George Lucas isn't a good director. A lot of it comes from the fact that he's not as comfortable with actors as he is with technology. With EMPIRE he turned over the directing to a seasoned director and got two of the best screenwriters to write the movie.

I think he's a great story man, but he can't write dialogue for shit. He can create awesome sequences, but when it comes time to dialogue them, it starts to feel stilted.

Anyway, I'm watching Green Lantern: First Flight, and its nice to see Boddikka here, as all I know about her, is that in the comics she's now an Alpha Lantern.

I really don't mind the Ewoks all that much. It may be cute for cute's sake but they aren't as bad as everyone says they are.

True, but you can't say that peopple approving the Ewoks, didn't cause the creation of Jar Jar Binks. Now theres an annoying character!

One question about GL: FF,

Why is Sinestro's power battery symbol the same as the Green Lantern one, when his emblem is not?

I really don't mind the Ewoks all that much. It may be cute for cute's sake but they aren't as bad as everyone says they are.

Agreed. I don't even mind Jar Jar Binks all that much. Everybody in the STAR WARS saga can't be a Han Solo or Mace Windu. You've got your heroes and you've got your buffoons. Jar Jar was no worse than C-3PO who really is an annoying pain in the ass. To me, C-3PO is R2-D2's sidekick, not the other way 'round.