What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4od, Channel 4's free replay service is fantastic. I'm currently using it to go back through old episodes of 8 of of 10 cats, which has fascinated me ever since both Stewart Lee and Andy Zaltzman described being on it as one of the worst experiences of their careers. Its not horrible, Carr gets some funny lines and I'm a fan of Sean Lock, but some of the guests are wank. Jamelia? David Walliams? Fuck em. I danced a mini dance of joy when I realised my newest crush comedienne Josie Long was on an episode to maintain the funny. The whole surface-driven presentation of the show is completely saved by the 3 of the 6 guests who are actually funny and/or worthwhile. QI would only have those good intelligent people, that's why its better. The show is ok, basically I'm fine with it because it gives a paycheque to worthwhile comedians like Sean Lock and Josie Long who appear on it. Without them it would be banal tripe.

And now...NPH is singing.

...dary.

AHHH! This is why I hate timezones and living in California. It hasn't even started here yet! I need to see NPH singing, dammit!

(On a completely random note, timezones were invented in the United States when railroads started popping up in the late 19th century. We learned that a few days ago. Spread the knowledge!)

I'm going to be watching Alias... all 5 Seasons throughout this week. I really like this show!

One of my favourite TV shows. The twists, the turns, the action, , the characters, the double-life, its all really nicely done. There's a couple of episodes in the 2nd season that just blow your mind. I always saw adverts for this show and no-one was watching it, so I decided to give it a shot and as instantly hooked. So hooked that I got everyone else in my house hooked on it as well. Its one of the few shows that resulted directly from the success of Buffy but was independent enough to work on its own merits.

Fist of Fun. I'm pretty much watching everything Stewart Lee has ever done in preparation for seeing his standup show weekend after next, where hopefully I'll be able to steal a greying lock from his head, take it home, and wed it in a ceremony that the stuffed shirts at church will bemoan as unholy.