What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stumbled across The Care Bears Movie 2 on Netflix. I'm watching it because my nostalgia finger got itchy. I'm slowly thinking I need to punch five-year old me for loving this movie so much.

If you don't, I'll do it for you, lol :sonofa:

I think it's because he is obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the guy's films and I love Tenacious D, but calling him an actor is like calling John Wayne an actor. Sure, the characters may be slightly different, but it's really just the guy being himself.

I've been watching:

Sam and Max the complete animated series - completely off the wall, very ADD-like, reminds me of Ren and Stimpy. I'm on episode 7 of 13, the charm is starting to wear off and the laughs are coming fewer and far between.

and

A Better Tomorrow - John Woo's and Chow Yun Fat's first team up. I think I'm going to do a John Woo retrospective. But seriously, this is where the magic started. Fuck CGI-riddled action sequences! Very good movie...through and through.

Should get back on the Dollhouse soon to finish out Season 1.

I think it's because he is obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the guy's films and I love Tenacious D, but calling him an actor is like calling John Wayne an actor. Sure, the characters may be slightly different, but it's really just the guy being himself.

I think that's an unfair comment. John Wayne's standard character was believable, it wasn't some manic comic performance that overpowered the films he was in. Just because someone is typecast doesn't mean they aren't an actor. Arnie was typecast and still had 1000 visible holes in his acting game. Wayne was rock solid and often displayed significant ability, such as in The Searchers. Is Clint Eastwood not a real actor? Because the only thing separating him from John Wayne is the era in which they were performing and thus their available options.

Rio Bravo: I could watch this movie every day. John Wayne, Dean Martin, and Ricky Nelson. Awesome. And the disturbingly hot Angie Dickinson.

What do you think about the remake made just seven years later? EL DORADO w/ John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan. For me it's one of the rare times that a remake is just as good as the original. But I think Robert Mitchum as the drunken sheriff edges out Dean Martin slightly.

The really disturbing thing about Angie Dickinson in RIO BRAVO is the conversations she has with John Wayne. It's as if she speaks entirely in non sequeters. Even the John Wayne character looks at her in confused disbelief as she goes on and on in her increasing bizarre stream-of-consciousness ramblings.

The really disturbing thing about Angie Dickinson in RIO BRAVO is the conversations she has with John Wayne. It's as if she speaks entirely in non sequeters. Even the John Wayne character looks at her in confused disbelief as she goes on and on in her increasing bizarre stream-of-consciousness ramblings.

For that same reason, Angie was my favorite character in that movie. She's that rare woman in a western who really does feel like more than a potential or previous love-interest.

Rio Bravo: I could watch this movie every day. John Wayne, Dean Martin, and Ricky Nelson. Awesome. And the disturbingly hot Angie Dickinson.

What do you think about the remake made just seven years later? EL DORADO w/ John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan. For me it's one of the rare times that a remake is just as good as the original. But I think Robert Mitchum as the drunken sheriff edges out Dean Martin slightly.

El Dorado also has that great exchange between Caan and Wayne regarding Caan's character horrible shooting.

Caan: The guy was limping when he left!

Wayne: HE WAS LIMPING WHEN HE GOT HERE!!!

Some of the shows I like to watch:

NCIS

Doctor Who

Phsyc

White Collar

Burn Notice

Life after People

Mythbusters

PAWNstars

Smallville (I have watched it since it began,I only like the earlier seasons though.I've invested 9 years though, so I might as well finish it out)