What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Newswipe- Charlie Brooker back on form, dissecting news coverage and methodology in his own embittered and low budget yet enlightened way.

That's started again?! I'm off to iPlayer land! I prefer Screenwipe, but Newswipe will satisfy my Brooker TV dependence.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newswipe- Charlie Brooker back on form, dissecting news coverage and methodology in his own embittered and low budget yet enlightened way.

That's started again?! I'm off to iPlayer land! I prefer Screenwipe, but Newswipe will satisfy my Brooker TV dependence.

Screenwipe is a lot of fun but Newswipe feels more relevant right now. I'm not sure what else Screenwipe can really say about TV production, I'm worried it might be reduced to if it continues without inspiration. The end of year special was flat for me just because it was TV clip and sarky comments without much underlying analysis.

Now that it's safely off my computer and onto the external hard drive, I'll say this: I love people who get the Oscar screeners for films and then go and rip them. The Internet Fairy will probably be very good for to a lot of people this week. :)

Also, meanwhile? Keith David is fucking fantastic as Dr. Facilier.

Does anyone else remember June Bugs? When Cartoon Network would have a weekend of nothing but Bugs Bunny cartoons? Those were the days.

Yeah. That was before Cartoon Network went to hell. Okay, to be fair all of the new stuff isn't completely bad but it would be nice if they had achieved some sort of mixture of the old and new.

Screenwipe is a lot of fun but Newswipe feels more relevant right now. I'm not sure what else Screenwipe can really say about TV production, I'm worried it might be reduced to if it continues without inspiration. The end of year special was flat for me just because it was TV clip and sarky comments without much underlying analysis.

After watching pretty much any Screenwipe I could find, I was really disappointed with Gameswipe. If he was to ever make another one, I don't know if I'd watch. Newswipe sounds interesting though.

I’m almost finished with the first season of Breaking Bad. I don’t know if I've ever seen a show that's made me feel the gamut of emotions that Breaking Bad has. I love that they separated the two main characters for half the season to build them up. I want those two to succeed so badly.

Commando is EPIC thus far. Its the most macho bullsiht film that feels like it was shot by the guy who did herbie goes bananas.

edit: finished it. Fun as a one-off, but if anyone involved in the casting, directing or script writing every worked again it would be a crime. Of course, Jeph Loeb wrote the damn thing, so that's out the window.

Watching 30Rock season 1 for the first time. I'm enjoying it so far.

You'd better. But seriously, the show does have a few shaky episodes at the beginning but once it gets into it's groove, it just keeps slamming them out of the park.

I've watched the first 11 episodes so far. One was missing, which was shit. Anyway, Kenneth is awesome in the show, and Tina Fey is starting to grow on me, and is enjoyable. Alec Baldwin is awesome, however Tracey and the rest of the cast, are average and I just don't care about them.