What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

The Wire. Every time I watch a season of this I become convinced that that particular season is the best one. I just finished season 4 again, and whilst 5 might be my personal favourite to watch, season 4 has to be the best all around, looking at social dysfunction in Baltimore from a young age. Its not my favourite to watch because its so incredibly depressing, but for character development and people trapped in bad systems making bad choices it can't be beat.

This is, without a doubt, the best TV show I've ever seen. For christ's sake, if you can watch it make the effort to do so.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wrote for the show right? I'm working through the paper brick that is Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets right now, plus I'm about to start watching The Corner as well, but I'll definitely add Price to the list. Anything specific you'd recommend starting with? Clockers seems to get the most praise.

The Corner- From the creators of The Wire, before they got around to making that show. This is some seriously depressing shit, 4/5 of the characters are drug addicts and most of them spend all their time scheming to get their next fix. Half the actors went to do play more respectable roles in The Wire, Freeman, Daniel and his wife, Prop Joe, Landsman, Sydnor, Orlando, and more. Its really crazy to see a lot of these people play the bottom rung when they went on to be policemen and politicians in what is basically the same setting later on.

Just rediscovered Jpod on Bold and laughed my ass off. It's a comedy/drama about a video game designer dealing with the zany antics of his family and co-workers. Much better than it sounds. The whole cast is great, but Alan Thicke is spectacular as a recovering ballroom dancer and aspiring actor who pals around with a Chinese crime boss.

For people in the UK, there is a lecture written by Terry Pratchett and delivered by Tony Robinson on iplayer right now. The subject is assisted death, and its so wonderfully written and read that I would consider it worth your attention regardless of your position on the subject.

Just rediscovered Jpod on Bold and laughed my ass off. It's a comedy/drama about a video game designer dealing with the zany antics of his family and co-workers. Much better than it sounds. The whole cast is great, but Alan Thicke is spectacular as a recovering ballroom dancer and aspiring actor who pals around with a Chinese crime boss.

I never thought I'd ever think this, but: Alan Thicke is the only thing I like about that show.