What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

I looked that guy up! That's crazy. He's been directing for like 55 years!

The guy directed Birds II, Hellraiser Bloodline and an episode of Twilight Zone. Plus he wrote House III!

I should see if he does interviews...

I kinda want to see Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh now. Unluckily, a quick look at Netflix reveals, alas, they don't have it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked that guy up! That's crazy. He's been directing for like 55 years!

The guy directed Birds II, Hellraiser Bloodline and an episode of Twilight Zone. Plus he wrote House III!

I should see if he does interviews...

I didn't know he did Apartment with fear! I loved that movie.

Des, you ever seen Burn, Hollywood Burn?

A mocumentary about a film directed by a man who's real name is Alan Smithee (Played by Eric Idle)it's pretty good, as a film you'd watch at 2AM when nothing else is on and you can't sleep.

I loved Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh!

Yeah, I'm probably going to be watching it again tonight, mainly because I'm gonna have nothing to do again except hide from my neighbors.

300. With Megan.

Hehe. Can't wait to see what she thinks of it. :P

Oh, btw, watched 500 Days of Summer the other night. Good film, even though it made me cry at a few points.

Okay, I just finished watching Unbreakable. Awesome movie. And this was back when M. Night Shyamalan was doing good twists. Wonderful.

I think its his finest film, and quite possibly the best superhero film ever as well. Certainly top 3. Highly recommend to everyone.

Agreed. Unbreakable is his best film. It's a superhero film that even people who hate superhero films like.

300 - Doesn't hold up nearly as well as I recall. Knowing when the zingers and violence are coming really cheapens it.

The Evil Dead - Truly terrible film. But, there's something in there that always makes me love it, in spite of myself. Campbell can't act yet, Raimi's good shots are all sheer luck.

Evil Dead 2 - So much better than the previous chapter. Effects, directing and acting have all vastly matured. A great movie.

The Searchers - Perfect. Beginning to end. Just, perfect.

Further watching for the evening: True Grit and Hondo.

Evil Dead is total film school stuff, but it all went towards Evil Dead II which is a masterpiece of comedy-horror.

The Searchers is Ford's directorial zenith. Its just awesome to behold from every viewpoint. Plus there's a very human core to John Wayne's embittered hero. Its more like a great novel with a lot of subtle characterisation than most westerns of the era.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen the other day. I have no idea about the structures of movies, but, the final act of the movie was just a big let down. The premise of the movie and the first 2 acts were actually really good, but it just felt like they were torn as too which way to end the movie and made it a bit of a clusterfuck in the end. I think they were trying to balance sympathy between the 2 main characters, which made it hard to swallow the ending.

I'll watch it again on DVD/Bluray to get a better idea, but yeah I think it fell flat in the end, which sucks because it really sucked me in at the start.

3 Idiots - (Bollywood comedy)Very fun movie about 3 guys in an engineering college in India (probably supposed to be one of the IITs).

It was a little too long (the film getting burnt out in the middle didn't help either), but overall it was excellent. The songs were not as awesome as I would have hoped, but they were still good. And there was this one part about all Gujarati foods sounding like words for missiles or something, which I never actually thought about before but it's totally true.

Also, any time I see a Bollywood film I'm always sad that my parents didn't teach me how to speak Gujarati/Hindi when I was younger. Subtitles are no fun.

Random JLU episodes, mostly hawkgirl centric stuff like Wake the Dead, Hunters Moon and the Hawkman episodes. I'm liking Vixen a lot more this time around, maybe I'm judging the character on her own merits rather than basing my opinions on her fairly useless comic book counterpart.

I freaking LOVE the animation quality in the JLU episodes, its miles ahead of the first two series. Its like Star Trek. If GL/Riker is clean shaven its ok, but if they have beards you know its worth watching.

Green Arrow singing his own theme is never not funny.