What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

The Princess and the Frog: Outside of Keith David's awesome villain song, this was total paint by numbers Disney, except with totally unlikeable protagonists. 5/10

Sherlock Holmes: Pretty much a Batman movie with RDJ in steampunk London. As such, I loved it. A bit brainless, but a ton of fun. 7/10

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buffy season 4: I preferred the previous seasons. Maybe it was something about adjusting to the whole college thing. And the fact that Angel wasn't there. But it's still quality television.

Yeah, I felt that way exactly. Season 4 gets weirder and weirder as it goes along, actually. I wasn't too happy with the overall story, but it was well-written enough that it was still entertaining as it happened.

I finally watched the episode of Power Rangers Turbo where the main power rangers cast is sacked. What a fucking waste of time that was. They pick two people to give a back story to, and the other two are just people who showed up. I now remember why I stopped watching this show.

Turbo maybe but they get more defined as characters than many of the previous rangers had (I dare anyone to come up with a character analysis of Rocky more than two paragraphs long.) and, as stated many times before, it's worth sticking with just for Divatox and In Space.

Buffy season 4: I preferred the previous seasons. Maybe it was something about adjusting to the whole college thing. And the fact that Angel wasn't there. But it's still quality television.

Yeah, I felt that way exactly. Season 4 gets weirder and weirder as it goes along, actually. I wasn't too happy with the overall story, but it was well-written enough that it was still entertaining as it happened.

Season 4 is overall weaker but still has some of the best individual episodes. Hush, Something Blue, Superstar, the episode The Inititive ("maybe we can wait five minutes and try again"), the Oz stuff, the Faith stuff and anything Spike does, season 4 has a lot of upsides.

Season 4 is overall weaker but still has some of the best individual episodes. Hush, Something Blue, Superstar, the episode The Inititive ("maybe we can wait five minutes and try again"), the Oz stuff, the Faith stuff and anything Spike does, season 4 has a lot of upsides.

Agreed.

Turbo maybe but they get more defined as characters than many of the previous rangers had (I dare anyone to come up with a character analysis of Rocky more than two paragraphs long.) and, as stated many times before, it's worth sticking with just for Divatox and In Space.

Yes, but the justification for sacking four out of five of the cast members was one of the shittiest things the show has done up to that point, and felt like a cop out with the introduction of people I don't know/care about.

Yeah, In Space is where the Turbo Rangers really shined.

8 1/2: Hooooly shit. Great movie, but dear god, be ready for the crack going in. I fully expect needing another viewing to be able to get a proper grip on this. (Also, after seeing this, yeah, Nine is a pared-down coherent version of this, but I think I like 8 1/2 better.) A suggestion: Just don't question what you see, just go with it, and it'll make sense at some point.

District 9: Great premise, but only an okay film. It was much more shallow than I expected it to be. The corporate suits were one dimensional, the gangs were one dimensional, and you didn't see a large group of people who were pro-alien, pretty much only the xenophobic side. The post film events interviews were superfluous, most just repeated what we saw on screen. The documentary style shooting would have been fine in the beginning as an introduction, but mixing it with the main narrative was messy. Also, the film mostly cut to where Wilkus and Christopher were going to and didn't show how they got there. I would have liked to see less action and more interaction between Wikus and Christopher through them travelling to their destinations (except for the mech action, all that can stay). Major credit to the special effects though. On a $30 million budget, they were pretty fantastic. The premise provided for a great situation to be explored, unfortunately the filmmakers were too focused on the message to do so.

Iron Man- Decent film made great by the humour, plus the fact that Iron Man is the first fully CGI hero to really work on the big screen, especially in action. Really pumped my excitement levels for tomorrow.

Also just noticed that we here in the UK get Iron Man 2 over a week before it hits the US. I laughed slightly.

I finally watched last weeks episodes of 30 Rock. One was good, one was pretty crappy.

I'm curious to know which one you didn't care for, see if lines up with my own thoughts.

The episode with Liz going to the singles events, I enjoyed, it wasn't a very good episode, but it wasn't too bad either. The episode with Tracy having to stay home to take care of his wife, and Jack making his decision and the janitor/Conan thing I felt was just filler shit.

Which one did you like/dislike?

Iron Man- Decent film made great by the humour, plus the fact that Iron Man is the first fully CGI hero to really work on the big screen, especially in action. Really pumped my excitement levels for tomorrow.

Also just noticed that we here in the UK get Iron Man 2 over a week before it hits the US. I laughed slightly.

First Kick-Ass, now Iron Man 2! I really have no excuse not to get my reviews up on time.

Please tell me this is online somewhere. My university doesn't give us cable or even basic TV service in our rooms, and hte TV room is full of assfrats.

It came out in the UK months ago but at the very least, it comes out on DVD statewise next week. It's just on PBS though so if you can get a broadcast signal, you should be able to grab it.