• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched lord of the flies just there.

I picked it up for £5 when out today.

Its ok, it felt a little bit too fast though.

Could have used an extra twenty minutes.

Also

I haven't read the book, but wasn't Ralph or whatever his name was the last survivior of the good tribe meant to be the only person saved? In this the military show up and save everyone.

I watched Batman and Mr. Freeze in Subzero and man did it feel long. It really wasn't that great and there really wasn't enough story for this to be a movie. While I really appreciate the Mr. Freeze character, I personally feel he's much better in smaller doses than what we received here.

There were some cool action scenes, especially the chase and the ending sequence, but besides that, the film is incredibly lackluster.

6/10

Planet of the Ood

- The Ood are probably my favorite alien race on this show. Great to see them back and it felt good to cheer for them this time.

- The villains in this were a little too mustache twirling for my tastes. The crane guy especially was way over the top.

- Great sound design with that song faintly in the background the whole episode.

Also

I haven't read the book, but wasn't Ralph or whatever his name was the last survivior of the good tribe meant to be the only person saved? In this the military show up and save everyone.

Did you see the black and white film or the 90s version. The B&W is the only thing worth your time.

in the book

they all round a corner and a navy officer is there, I would assume they were all saved.

- The villains in this were a little too mustache twirling for my tastes. The crane guy especially was way over the top.

I hate the crane guy. When Jenny and I first saw this episode, she commented that the scene was too much like a crappy video game.

Ood Sigma, however, is great.

The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky

- Donna: I'll have a salute. :laugh:

- The false Donna send off was great too.

- The Ross in this is the one you guys loved so much? I don't know why I thought his name was Jaime. I think I even confused the two in the email I sent to the podcast.

- Sontarans feel like massive Klingon rip offs.

- Evil Martha. :wub:

- I want to punch that Luke kid in the neck. Not because he's a good villain, but because he's a horrible actor.

- The sheer joy in Donna when she knocked out that one Sontaran made that second episode for me.

- "Are you my mummy?" :laugh: Awesome.

One episode to go and I'll be completely caught up on the recent series.

Turn Left

- Yeah, I see what you mean about Billie Piper's mouth in this one.

- The whole episode is sort of a giant contradiction of itself, but the concept was interesting enough.

All caught up now!

Did you see the black and white film or the 90s version. The B&W is the only thing worth your time.

in the book

they all round a corner and a navy officer is there, I would assume they were all saved.

I saw the 90's film.

So they kept the same ending as the book.

I don't know where I got the other ending from then.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm a massive Bruce Campbell fan. That's a great show.

I can't watch Burn Notice it saddens me to see him in that but the Brisco series was great.

Why does it sadden you? It's a great show and he is great in it.

because compared to Brisco County Jr his role in Burn Notice is very lackluster for me anyways and I just don't like Burn Notice in general :D

At the moment...

Captain Blood starring Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland. I'm watching it more for Olivia DeHavilland. Errol Flynn never did it for me.

Next up...

Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

Yep. It's Classic Warner Brothers films night tonight. Great part about it is that I can view them like they would have been originally seen back in the 30's and 40's. That means a Looney Tunes cartoon and a newsreel before the movie. Now if only I could be with my boyfriend things would be perfect. Sigh.

Watched Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman.

I'm quite saddened because a show that was pretty fucking amazing at points, it ended up with some pretty shoddy movies thus far including this one. While it's a step up from Sub-Zero...it certainly far and away of what they were capable of on the television show, and it's even far and away from the New Batman Adventures episodes alone. By the time the big reveal of Batwoman came, I just didn't care. And the rest of the movie was action, that was actually kind of boring.

6/10

We'll see whether this trend continues as the Batman/Superman Movie is next. And mind you, I've never seen an episode of the Superman animated show, and I've always disliked the Superman as a character (just a bore, to me) but I did think that the first two Reeve Superman movies were quite good.