What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Also, caught The Hereafter: I've never been more disappointed with an Eastwood film. The man is a hell of a director, and is a master of quiet moments, but this just drug. Matt Damn was given absolutely NOTHING to do, there was a terrible child actor and gratuitous CGI in the opening. The best part was the trailer for True Grit.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fucking LOVE Re-Animator.

I endorse this message.

Watched American Grindhouse last night and was unimpressed. It's a good documentary if you don't know about 42nd street and drive in movies. If you already know it, then steer clear.

Probably going to watch Cropsey tonight.

Seriously, if you haven't gone and watched this week's South Park, go do it, NOW. Why?

-We find out what Mysterion's powers are, and who he is: "I can't die. I've experienced death countless times. Sometimes, I see a bright light. Sometimes, I see Heaven or Hell. But eventually, no matter what, I wake up in my bed wearing my same old clothes. The worst part? No one even remembers me dying. I go to school the next day and everyone is just like "Oh, Hey Kenny," even if they had seen me get decapitated with their own eyes."

-My Neighbor Totoro references... with Eric and Cthulhu.

-This lyric: FLYING THROUGH THE GATES OF MADNESS INTO YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!

That was an AWESOME episode.

Saw III- Sort of formulaic actually. Outside of the rat-run tests this was just the Amanda/Jigsaw hospital shit, which only served to demonstrate that Jigsaw is more of a twisted anti-hero than a true villain. The rack was utterly sick though.

Saw IV- Bit more interesting and wider in scope, but the whole flashbacks to Jigsaw's past deal was a huge mistake. People like that shouldn't be humanised, it makes them less iconic. Can't believe that Donnie was brought back just for this, what a waste of a character and a storyline.

I wouldn't say it was awesome. I would say it was good, but not great. I don't think it needed a third part:

I'm calling it now, Kenny will die permanently again in the next episode.

Oh, and for everyone wondering which films next for me, it has been confirmed that it will be 3:10 to Yuma.

I wouldn't say it was awesome. I would say it was good, but not great. I don't think it needed a third part:

I liked it more than the preceding episode (which wasn't at all bad), because I like Cartman being a dick as long as he doesn't outright win. And he clearly won't by the time of the third episode. I also really liked the Kenny reveal and how he confronted his parents halfway through the episode - if anything, this three-parter has fleshed out his character in a way that hasn't been done since the movie, which is now 11 years old.

Saw V- Saw formula is completely down now, the challenges, the shitty detective stuff, it's all here. However, I do grant that the team of victims they put together for the games was strong.

Saw VI- I could talk about how shitty the system for American healthcare is all day, but this was heavy-handed. Also, Hoffman attempting to dodge detection Dexter style is a little irritating, although his personal massacre at the police lab was hardcore. Interesting ending too, I'm almost interested in seeing the new movie.

Not enough to pay for it though.

Saw V- Saw formula is completely down now, the challenges, the shitty detective stuff, it's all here. However, I do grant that the team of victims they put together for the games was strong.

The only thing that kept me going through the film, was wondering if one the victims was Chloe's husband from 24.

I liked it more than the preceding episode (which wasn't at all bad), because I like Cartman being a dick as long as he doesn't outright win. And he clearly won't by the time of the third episode. I also really liked the Kenny reveal and how he confronted his parents halfway through the episode - if anything, this three-parter has fleshed out his character in a way that hasn't been done since the movie, which is now 11 years old.

Yeah, the Kenny parts were good, it just felt like the episode had that going for it. The ending was really good. Kenny hasn't really had any special moments since the PSP episode.

I love how casually Stavros approaches reviewing Saw movies.

It wouldn't be British to get worked up over these sorts of things, that's how Mike and Dubs give themselves away. Plus it's not like I'm going to be able to add anything to a three-hour review the guys have already done.

You should read his analogy on facebook - it's masterful. Then again, you need to be British or know something about The Crystal Maze to fully appreciate it.

Thank you sir!

You should read his analogy on facebook - it's masterful. Then again, you need to be British or know something about The Crystal Maze to fully appreciate it.

Thank you sir!

No, thank you for likening Richard O'Brien to a harmonica-playing Jigsaw and Ed Tudor-Pole as a clueless, eccentric Hoffman! It gave me many a chuckle! Although I don't think ETP was such a terrible host.

Thank you sir!

No, thank you for likening Richard O'Brien to a harmonica-playing Jigsaw and Ed Tudor-Pole as a clueless, eccentric Hoffman! It gave me many a chuckle! Although I don't think ETP was such a terrible host.

I agree with Ian. ETP wasn't bad, but he just wasn't Richard. Also, it was only last year did I note how good ETP was, in that he didn't play the show as a regular host, he actually just hated the contestant and hoped they would fail.

I would say it was good, but not great.

I am shocked!

;)

I agree with Ian. ETP wasn't bad, but he just wasn't Richard. Also, it was only last year did I note how good ETP was, in that he didn't play the show as a regular host, he actually just hated the contestant and hoped they would fail.

Well, in that case the ETP comparison still works since Hoffman does want them to fail.

Saw 3D- I've finished. Shittiest traps ever in this one, and frankly outside of the reverse bear trap finally getting to work (it's like Charlie Brown and the football with that thing) and the Cary Elwes reveal this wasn't remotely interesting. Plus the reverse bear trap looked terrible in, for lack of a better word, execution. And the Carey Elwes thing made very little sense. "Why yes thankyou for helping me recover from my severed foot man who made me cut that foot off and basically ordered the execution of my family. Apparently stockholm syndrome extends to the point where I forgive you for all that and am now willing to help you out on weekends and shit".

I'm trying to watch 3:10 to Yuma and....I would like to blame it on the flu/cold that I'm having, but I just can't get into it. Some of it is good, like the wagon fight(Which I enjoyed, mostly cause it reminded me of Red Dead Redemption) and Crowes line "Even villains love their mommas" before chucking a guy off a cliff, but the rest of the film, nothing. I'm only halfway through, so hopefully, it gets better.

Edit: Yeah....didn't really like it at all. Just not for me.