Is It Wednesday Yet? - The WFP Edition

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

every tuesday before a WFP Wednesday I often ask myself is it wednesday yet? I did this before I was a forum member and before I started listening to mike and Des do their is it wednesday yet segment that they do.

and even on the weeks that WFP doesn't air I still listen to the old episodes

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
HA! That's great! :laugh:

But from the point of view of the guy who has to put the show together (RE: me), it's more like, "Shit! It's Tuesday!" :happy:

I think you should setup another voicemail # so you can play forum members and listener comments on air during each show. or have A live call in show lol I know that'll never happen too much can go wrong

(for those of us who don't have a mic and/or even know how to record an mp3)

and besides mike you know it's fun granted the work sucks but the recording is fun it's like you said in episode 27 your internet went down but your weren't pissed at all because you just finished watching Worlds Finest lmao :D:D:yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

ugh I woke up this morning all excited thinking it was wednesday BUT NO!!!! damnit lol well there is 1 thing to look forward to E2TS 267 wooohoooo

OH yeah and I know :ot: the Shield will be on tonight too :D

IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?: THE WFP EDITION

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Woohooo it's Tuesday The Shield will be on tonight and only 24 more hrs until WFP38 where Mike has to retract the previous statement made in WFP37 of never seeing Zeta on DVD :laugh:

so................ Is It Wednesday Yet?: The WFP Edition

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm probably beating a dead horse here but I think it's funny that I ask is it Wednesday Yet for WFP

Can't wait until tomorrow so I can watch Batman Beyond on the PC while listening to Mike & James on the iPhone :D:yes:

Guest DCAUFan1051
I just finished watching the episodes.....is it wrong that they felt a bit shit.

wait you watched all three seasons of Batman Beyond?

If so suave yes that is wrong because there are several very good ones examples in my opinion are:

The Rebirth Parts 1-2

The Call Parts 1-2

Inqued was pretty good as well. I can't think of anymore without actually pulling out the DVD's

wait you watched all three seasons of Batman Beyond?

If so suave yes that is wrong because there are several very good ones examples in my opinion are:

The Rebirth Parts 1-2

The Call Parts 1-2

Inqued was pretty good as well. I can't think of anymore without actually pulling out the DVD's

I did sit through all the episodes when I got the sets a few months ago.

But I meant this weeks episodes. The first episode was good, but the rest were blah.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I liked Rebirth as I said Golem (if it will be in WFP39) was pretty good. I liked the show overall because it was a NEW and updated take on Batman for the most part the animation wa fresh and the colors were like :holyshit: WOW!!

As I stated in the previous post or in other threads I'm waiting to get the BBeyond Movie DVD in the mail (it should be here today) then I'll watch that while listening to WFP39 I wanna see if I can catch any issues Mike and James may point out.

:D

Oh I enjoyed the show overall.

But watching this weeks episodes last week, I just thought they sucked a little.

Golem was a blah episode. it should be in this episode as rebirth was only a two parter.

Wasn't the movie just the two episodes?

Also two things I noticed about BB, the fact that Max was a character I just never liked.

Secondly: Wasn't this when the colours for the episode looked so much cripser, if that makes any sense.

I listened to the commentary and here's a nice tidbit, all the music before the intro is in the style of Bruce Wayne batman and when the BB title plays, the music changes to a futuristic rock style.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Oh I enjoyed the show overall.

But watching this weeks episodes last week, I just thought they sucked a little.

Golem was a blah episode. it should be in this episode as rebirth was only a two parter.

Wasn't the movie just the two episodes?

Also two things I noticed about BB, the fact that Max was a character I just never liked.

Secondly: Wasn't this when the colours for the episode looked so much cripser, if that makes any sense.

I listened to the commentary and here's a nice tidbit, all the music before the intro is in the style of Bruce Wayne batman and when the BB title plays, the music changes to a futuristic rock style.

I haven't actually sat down and watched a BB DVD Season all the way through in a long time. That being said last week I did watch the commentary for Rebirth Part 1 and you are right that's what they did with the music because they even say they wanted people to remember B: TAS. And yes the movie DVD was just the 2 episodes but I've never had it on DVD so I went and ordered it because I've become a DCAU Movie completist. Below is the list of DCAU Movies I have:

Batman Beyond: The Movie

Batman: Mystery Of The Batwoman

Justice League Starcrossed

The Batman/Superman Movie: World's Finest

Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker

Ones I need are:

Superman: The Last Son Of Krypton

Batman Mask Of the Phantasm (I'm waiting to see if they release a new version though with more features)

Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero

and there are plenty of the individual JL and JLU DVD's that they released but I have the sets so I won't be getting those. I got the Starcrossed one because there are cool special features on there about how they decided to use Hawkman in JL & JLU.

I don't understand the question about the colors suave.

I've got the same movies because they would only release random episodes in the UK.

Ah the fun of importing.

You can get Phantasm and subzero for like £5 on Dvd pacific in a double pack.

I can really write it down, so I'll show two pics.

Season 1:PDVD_011-1.jpg

Season 3: batmanbeyond01.jpg

I mean didn't they start colouring in on PCs during BB?

Guest DCAUFan1051
Oh well.

the moral of the story is I really hate the Max character.

lol remember mike's is it wrong topic when he found this:

Batman-RobinWomanCostume.jpg

just imagine Max wearing this lol MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

EDIT:

I found out on TVShowsOnDVD that the Batman Beyond The Movie is actually the first 5 episodes on 1 disc. So Suave it aint just the Rebirth 2 parter. So hopefully Columbia House's shipment came in the mail today I'm off to the post office to see. You can see the disc specs at the following link:

BB The Movie Disc Specs

My mistake.

Oh and I just pulled out my box set, why the fuck has the dvd set got them in this order:

rebirth.

Black out

Golem

Meltdown

Heroes.

Not

The winning edge

Dead man's hand

I had to watch Black out, which i can't actually remember, which is nice. Heroes or as I call it-We're ripping the piss out of fantastic four because we can!

Oh god frigging dammit!

Hope you got the DVD DCAU!

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mike yes I know you guys are doing in production order but suave thought that the DVD Movie of Batman Beyond was just the rebirth saga and I found out it's the first 5 episodes of the series.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm doing like 5 things at once

#1 watching BBeyond

#2 listening to WFP39

#3 Eating Choc Marble Cheescake

#4 posting here on the forum

#5 and reading email.

so me saying the wrong thing might be a great occurance lol