Is It Wednesday Yet? - The WFP Edition

Guest TFG1Mike

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only three more episodes of the podcast to go until......................Return Of The Joker!!!!!!

You guys rock I'm so glad this podcast is out there!!! :D

Mike (Yoda), In your BTAS coverage, You reviewed MAsk of the Phantasam inbetween Season 1 and season 2 (That being episode 14) rightfully, Because as you said "Its where is falls". Return of the Joker was made between the first and second of batman beyond, Why are you covering it at the end?

Guest DCAUFan1051

Although I'm not going to speak for the overlord of E-2 but I believe it was said in one of the past WFP's the reason why they are saving it for the end is because it'll be a total gush fest LOL :D

Mike (Yoda), In your BTAS coverage, You reviewed MAsk of the Phantasam inbetween Season 1 and season 2 (That being episode 14) rightfully, Because as you said "Its where is falls". Return of the Joker was made between the first and second of batman beyond, Why are you covering it at the end?

Due to the events of the movie, Terry truly becomes Batman. He's vanquished the Joker, and stepped out of Bruce's shadow. For me, that was Terry's story arc: going from punk kid to the hero of Gotham City. Since it's over, it seems like the best way to end our Batman Beyond discussion.

Also, I didn't realize it was made during the lifespan of the show. For some reason I thought it was produced after it ended. So though I screwed up the order, it doesn't feel out of place thanks to what I wrote above.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Due to the events of the movie, Terry truly becomes Batman. He's vanquished the Joker, and stepped out of Bruce's shadow. For me, that was Terry's story arc: going from punk kid to the hero of Gotham City. Since it's over, it seems like the best way to end our Batman Beyond discussion.

Also, I didn't realize it was made during the lifespan of the show. For some reason I thought it was produced after it ended. So though I screwed up the order, it doesn't feel out of place thanks to what I wrote above.

I agree completely mike and even Bruce Timm says in the commentary that they pulled Curt Geda off the TV show to do the direct to DVD movie so yeah it was made in the course of the TV show..... just goes to show ya how mutlitalented they are and overworked :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Damnit I woke up this morning feeling sick and thinking it was Wednesday, but noooo it's only fuckin Tuesday..... and i was sooo looking forward to Episode 47 oh well I'll have to wait 24 more hours no big deal. I never did start that WFP Marathon with watching all the DVD's at the same time but I will eventually. Glad to see WFP is back this week but I still ask:

IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?: THE WFP EDITION

The episodes will be:

Kings Rasom

Betrayal

Out Of The Past

Speak No Evil

Inqueling

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm actually giddy over WFP finally getting to Return of the Joker. Hearing the guys commenting on what is, in my opinion at least, one of the BEST Joker stories (Up the with The Killing Joke/Death in the Family and Dark Knight). No more of the darkly humorous Joker of B:TAS and Gotham Knights. The Joker we see in Return of the Joker is the sick twisted sociopathic fuck that Alan Moore gave us....and I couldn't be happier.

Guest DCAUFan1051
So, I'm actually giddy over WFP finally getting to Return of the Joker. Hearing the guys commenting on what is, in my opinion at least, one of the BEST Joker stories (Up the with The Killing Joke/Death in the Family and Dark Knight). No more of the darkly humorous Joker of B:TAS and Gotham Knights. The Joker we see in Return of the Joker is the sick twisted sociopathic fuck that Alan Moore gave us....and I couldn't be happier.

While I agree, I must disagree BB: ROTJ does have a few humorous anticdotes, and Bruce Timm did say in the DVD commentary that they had a hard time getting Hamil to not do the manic BTAS Joker, but have him darker in this. I can't wait as well!!! wooohooo! But the question remains can Mike & James review this objectively without gushing all over it? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Don't worry. I'll be sure to bring up as many edited moments as I can remember.

the one big one I'm looking for is the differences between:

editing version where joker throws the switch on himself and he's standing in water. So he gets electrocuted. Compared to Tim winking at Batman and then shooting joker BOOM he's dead!

:D

Guest DCAUFan1051

Does Tim wink?

I always thought it was him feeling the pressure and fighting back what the joker did to him, ultimately driiving him mad.

watch it very closely suave right as Joker is holding Bats by the cape he says to "JJ" LOL to do it already Bats says in agony Tim and then the boy winks and changes the aim from Bats to Joker.

:D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Tim didn't wink. He closed his eye to take aim with the gun.

Oh ok.... but I thought they were trying to show

the fact that maybe somewhere inside Robin was trying to come out and he winked at Bruce because maybe the Drake side of the brain fought off the evil side.

Hell I dunno that's the way I interpeted it, hey it aint the first time I've been wrong :D

Plus purple isn't really Tim's colour.

Tim could fight the JJ personality just enough to not kill Batman, but not enough to not fire the gun, Joker was in the way when the shot was fired, which is why it was not funny, he was killed in a random act of violence.

A random act of violence that in the Jokers eyes should never have failed, and this was his final time to say goodbye to Bruce and he was sickened by the man he was fighting his yin to yang was nothing more than a child.

Well that's my take.

Ehh......you really can't make it sound like Alan Moore was the only person to make Joker a sociopathic killer. You have to give credit to other writers such as Jim Starlin, Marv Wolfman and Doug Moench who wrote really good Joker stories at the time of A Death in the Family/A Lonley Place of Dying era.

Ehh......you really can't make it sound like Alan Moore was the only person to make Joker a sociopathic killer. You have to give credit to other writers such as Jim Starlin, Marv Wolfman and Doug Moench who wrote really good Joker stories at the time of A Death in the Family/A Lonley Place of Dying era.

And Denny O'Neil, who wrote "The Joker's Five-Way Revenge" and Steve Englehart who wrote "The Laughing Fish".

Moore was the first to write a Joker story that I actually found as intensely disturbing as the character can be.