The Shield Season 7: The Final Act

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I searched for any and all topics on the TV show The Shield and found none so I figured I would start one:

The Shield is FX's groundbreaking very first of their Original Shows. The Shield paved the way for Black/White, Dirt, The Riches, and more of the FX Original Programming. When this show first hit the airwaves in March of 2002 it was the VERY first and ONLY show to actually broadcast people saying the word shit on Cable TV.

Now in 2008 Season 7 Premiered Tonight

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This show rocks!!!! High adrenaline rushes and in your face cop action. I sing this shows praises many times over. I sooo need to get the DVD sets of this show... but i might wait because there could be a chance of a "Complete Series" set down the line.

Season 7 kicked off tonight and let me tell ya they didn't disappoint. I'm sure FX will be running it again if anyone missed it and I can't wait until next Tuesday. This sure lifted my spirits after watching the NEW 90210 crap

:D:D:D

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next weeks episode will be intense just like the Final Season has been extremely intense so far.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo hoping they will do a Complete Series DVD Set of this show.

The Shield RULES

Guest DCAUFan1051
Huge fan but here in Oz we're too far behind. I have to order from amazon and watch on DVD.. Only Just finished watching Season 6.... sigh...

if you just finished S6 you aren't that far behind there have only been 8 episodes of Season 7 so far

holy shit it's almost over I can't believe it it seems like the show just started but according to my DVR there have been 8 episodes wow good shows fly fast.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Just finished watching tonight's episode and holy shit the shit is about to hit the fan with this show.......

The storytelling and action scenes have always been excellent and top notch with The Shield. And in this last season it's nice to finally get some answers and closure on everything that has happened since 2002.

I truly hate the shane character now what a prick.

Wish Lem hadn't have died last year but oh well.... it's nice to see "Amanda Waller" in a live action TV series CCH Pounder Rocks!!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051

WOW Only 4 Episodes left then you can add The Shield to the TV Vault

I am so going to miss this show.

Tonight's episode was good... not the best but good overall. The Storyline is coming through very nicely and they are going to wrap up the show with all questions answered.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

The Series Finale of The Shield will be groundbreaking just as the Series Premiere was back on March 8, 2002.

God I'm going to miss this show. Great characters, excellent storylines, in your face action, and overall goodness

This is what TV Shows should be like.... The show starts sometimes fast paced then keeps you on the edge of your seat then just when you ready for more they give a one liner or end it on a cliffhanger. It doesn't even seem that you have watched an hour of television. I'm going to sorely miss this show but hey it was a great run.

I'd so love to do a Shield Podcast reviewing the entire series

The Shield March 8, 2002 - November 25, 2008 RIP

Guest DCAUFan1051

Jack asked people on twitter to not spoil the series finale of The Shield so I wont...... .but there are a few things I have to say:

HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE THE WAY IT ENDED!!!!!

I'm so gonna miss this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it had everything a excellent cop show needs compelling characters, great storylines and in your face action

It also marked a milestone for Cable TV back in 2002 when it premiered it was the first Cable TV show to actually not censor the word "shit"

The Shield 3/8/02 - 11/25/08 RIP

least we'll always have the DVD sets god I'm so depressed that this show is over :shakehead::cry:

• 2 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'll be using this thread in the coming days to give my thoughts on the first 5 seasons of The Shield. As I've stated before within the thread this was one of if not the best gritty cop shows to come down the pipe in the last 14 years!!!

Currently I'm watching Season 1 DVD's with all the commentaries for fun just to see what the actors and crew had to say about the show.

Also it's excellent to see Amanda Waller LIVE Action.... even though CCH Pounder plays an excellent Detective in the show it's hard for me not to invision Waller from Justice League Unlimited. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...