Episode 36

RSS

As Superman: The Animated Series and Gotham Knights come to a close, Bruce Wayne marries a plant ("Chemistry"), the Joker creates a lecherous lunatic ("Beware the Creeper"), Two-Face tries to kill himself in a roundabout way ("Judgment Day") and Superman attacks his adopted home ("Legacy"). [ 1:44:40 || 47.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_036.mp3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

I hate to get into another argument with you james but it wasn't tiny toons mike was right it was animaniacs the little girl mindy with her dog buttons says ok I love ya buh bye I know because I have the Tiny Toons DVDs and it aint on there

I hate to get into another argument with you james but it wasn't tiny toons mike was right it was animaniacs the little girl mindy with her dog buttons says ok I love ya buh bye I know because I have the Tiny Toons DVDs and it aint on there

:doh:

Damn. I don't know why I thought it was baby Plucky. I guess I was thinking of, "Elevator go down da hole!"

Guest DCAUFan1051

:doh:

Damn. I don't know why I thought it was baby Plucky. I guess I was thinking of, "Elevator go down da hole!"

LMAO sorry yea the baby plucky scenes are cool I'm hoping they release more Tiny Toons DVD's right now only release is Season 1 Volume 1 and I don't remember baby plucky on there. anyways so far great episode not done listening yet.

Gotham Knights just doesn't have the excitement of BTAS, and I feel it in your reviews too. And it's not your fault.

Is there a Superman: Doomsday review somewhere where you two comment on the voice acting? Just curious.

Did you guys get my first email? I'm assuming yes, but it was too long to read on air. And Mike, did you rewind to see the Question mannequin?

Guest DCAUFan1051
To be fair to James, he actually mentioned it was Brooks Gardner doing the voice, but I had to edit it out because the audio got a little wonky.

yea I was just trying to pass the info along wasn't trying to say anything against james

Guest DCAUFan1051

great episode guys...... I actually thought B: Mystery Of The Batwoman was in an earlier episode so I rushed to find the DVD before u guys recorded nice to know I'm prepared for your show now. I have to say out of all the DVD's I have of DCAU the mystery of the batwoman DVD has the most interviews with Kevin Conroy I've ever seen

(keep in mind I don't have the B: TAS DVD volumes 11/4/08 can't get here fast enough)

It even has a little clip with alfred (Efrem Zimbalist Jr) whom I have never seen in real life before that was kinda nice. Maybe in another Batman live action universe Kevin Conroy would be cool to see :D:yes::smilewinkgrin:

hey mike is there anywhere on the site Earth-2 to find all of the mainpage WFP wallpapers? I haven't seen them in the wallpapers section. maybe you could add them as content on the WFP site ??? just a suggestion great work guys keep it up

James wrote a review of Superman: Doomsday, but we've never done an audio review.

Will be checking that out...

Frankly, Gotham Knights let me down. As a teen, I remember it being so much better than BTAS. But now, as an adult, all it has going for it is a redesign and a few mature episodes.

Couldn't agree more.

For me, however, the show was a let down from the beginning. Besides a few memorable episodes like Never Fear and Mad Love, BTNAS was really disappointing. My main issue with it was how dark and bitter Batman became and how little explanation was offered for it. Bruce was always the good guy with a dark side in BTAS, but by BTNAS, his disposition shifted, and we were expected to accept it. I think the ending of Old Wounds, though it works well, could have been better if they showed Bruce Wayne actually being nice to the ex-crook. They covered up the Batman-being-a-d*** tracks nicely, but it wasn't satisfying.

Guest DCAUFan1051
hey mike is there anywhere on the site Earth-2 to find all of the mainpage WFP wallpapers?

Once a banner image is off the mainpage, it's deleted from the server. So all of the previous ones are gone.

dang that stinks good thing I saved the She-Ra one lol :D

Pre-Episode Banter

-Wow, not much to talk about, moving along quickly.

E-Mails

-Yeah, I'm glad that Mister Miracle is touched on later in JLU, even if it is a horrible episode.

-I really feel sorry for those in other countries who have no access to the DVD box-sets of these shows.

-I did a psychology paper on MPD and DID too, and I showed my teacher both 'Two-Face' and 'Read My Lips'. I'd definitely be willing to help. I was the one who sent that e-mail forever ago.

Episodes

Chemistry- Blah. Not very good. There are some neat and pretty freakish ideas at work, but the romance is underdeveloped and the climax is laughable.

-You guys have been disagreeing quite a bit lately.

-The gruesome moments are the best parts of the episode

Beware the Creeper- Good stuff. Some of it is too crazy, but love the Joker origin stuff and the Harley romance.

-I'm pretty sure it was 'Animaniacs'. Mindy the girl who kept running away and had to be saved by her dog always said it. 'Freakazoid' is the best of those three cartoons by the way.

-I love the pie scene

Judgment Day- It's okay. Doesn't give Two-Face enough respect and the animation is incredibly wonky.

-I definitely agree that it was underwhelming, but I also agree that the music is great.

-Almost very much agreed about the plot holes.

-There is no way that Two-Face would ever cheat at his coin toss.

-I think that the senator and Lock-Up are different enough.

Legacy- I don't think anything needs to be said.

-Speaking of Cadmus, this episode plants a lot of the seeds for that story arc.

-Interesting point about removing dictatorships in light of the people who admire them. Never picked up on that before.

-Yeah, Luthor's reappearance is great.

-Mike, don't be underwhelmed, this is great stuff.

-I was sort of zoning out, but why would Darkseid feel the need to weaken Superman if he wants to use his power for his own means?

-It's the fault of the network for not giving them another season as is my understanding.

-Just because the episode doesn't show Steel, Flash, or Green Lantern fighting doesn't mean they weren't there.

Scores

Chemistry- You: 5.5 and 7 / Me: 6

Beware the Creeper- You: 7 and 8 / Me: 8

Judgment Day- You: 4 and 5 / Me: 7

Legacy- You: 6 and 8 / Me: 9

After Mike said that Mystery of the Batwoman was coming up next, I became confused, cause it seems to me that the animation style of that movie reflects the look of the second and third seasons of Batman Beyond which leads towards the animation in the first season of Justice League.

I have no idea what you mean. How is the animation in MotBW anything like Batman: Beyond? It's still Bruce, Tim, Barbara (sort of), and company. Of course, there are several new voice actors, but that doesn't have anything to do with the animation.

Guest DCAUFan1051
After Mike said that Mystery of the Batwoman was coming up next, I became confused, cause it seems to me that the animation style of that movie reflects the look of the second and third seasons of Batman Beyond which leads towards the animation in the first season of Justice League.

I have no idea what you mean. How is the animation in MotBW anything like Batman: Beyond? It's still Bruce, Tim, Barbara (sort of), and company. Of course, there are several new voice actors, but that doesn't have anything to do with the animation.

I'm not sure about the animation style however I did read a post on toonzone where someone asks about the influence of the batwoman costume if the link works click on it to see Bruce Timm's explaination of the B: MOTB - Batman Beyond connection

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?...757#post2750757

again not sure if the link will work sorry when you view the page scroll about a quarter of the way down you'll see the Batwoman costume and Terry/Bats under it Bruce Timm's response is under that.

ALSO in the MOTBW DVD special feature Alan Burnett says it was going back to the original shows style meaning B:TAS

hope I helped out

Pre-Episode Banter

I did a psychology paper on MPD and DID too, and I showed my teacher both 'Two-Face' and 'Read My Lips'. I'd definitely be willing to help. I was the one who sent that e-mail forever ago.

I remember listening to that email on WFP. Nice :)

Chemistry- Blah. Not very good. There are some neat and pretty freakish ideas at work, but the romance is underdeveloped and the climax is laughable.

Ditto.

Beware the Creeper- Good stuff. Some of it is too crazy, but love the Joker origin stuff and the Harley romance.

Ditto.

-I'm pretty sure it was 'Animaniacs'. Mindy the girl who kept running away and had to be saved by her dog always said it.

I looove that phrase. I used to say it all the time when I was little.

Judgment Day

4 words: Mask of the Phantasm.

Scores

Chemistry- 4

Beware the Creeper- 7

Judgment Day- You: 4

Mike said that Mystery of the Batwoman was coming up next

Ugh. (Don't forget to mention more Bruce/Babs inneundo, EW!)

At least this means you'll be reviewing Chase Me. (Right?)