• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Kscriv said:

Because you love Roman

Everyone loves Roman

You'll love him too

I do like Roman Reigns and I think much of the heat he gets from the crowd is undeserved. I think he's a deserving champion. I may be the only adult male WWE fan alive who thinks that, but I'm used to being in the minority.

🙂

But the heel/face alignment in this storyline makes so little sense that it's obvious that WWE is overcompensating with the 100 vs. 3 beatdown of the Shield ordered by Baron Corbin.

If he were booked decently rather than Cena mark II, no-one would have much of a problem with Roman. The fact that he's pushed to try and get everyone to love him the way Vince does is simply tiring and nonsensical. 

It's why Smackdown is hands down the better show than Raw is.

It's not his fault he isn't booked properly.

:)

The best option is to turn him heel. Make him betray the Shield, become a killer who viciously destroys people (like he was in his days with The Shield in 2012-2013) and the crowd will turn around on him. You can have that babyface run after that and it will work better.

• 3 weeks later...

Ricochet won last week on NXT with a springboard 450 rather than his 630 finisher.  And Meiko Satomura has had two matches in the Mae Young Classic and won with two different moves (DVD and Scorpion Kick).   And I think Lars beat EC3 a few weeks ago with a diving headbutt.  Not saying you are wrong, but those scrappy kids at Full Sail seem to be mixing things up recently.

On 10/14/2018 at 12:05 PM, The Master said:

From a kayfabe perspective, it's about making the person being pinned expend energy. Pushing another person off of you while on your back is going to wear one down.

That's true, but they never explain that on commentary any more. And all of the wrestlers look totally shocked and act really upset when someone kicks out after a move that is not a finisher.

I’m getting really sick of the Undertaker. In the main event of Smackdown 1000, he took five minutes to walk to the damn ring, said one sentence and then took another five minutes to walk up the ramp. This was the goddamn main event. This ended the show. 

Earlier in the night, Rusev and the Miz, two guys that show up and wrestle week in and week out, were given under a minute for their match. 

I feel like this is going to be something fandom complains about but the company is never going to remedy. They will always promote the part-time big namers and creative's pets over the guys who work every week and put in the hours. Let's take Finn Balor for example. The audience loves him, the company uses him for their anti-bullying campaign, and he's even brought in people that might not watch wrestling like an LGBT audience.

Now, let's look at some of his track record this year: The guy is #2 at the Royal Rumble, lasts nearly an hour, and is taken out by John Cena. He works his butt off to get into Elimination Chamber only to be beat by Braun Strohman. Loses at Wrestlemania to Seth Rollins (who, to be fair, also beat The MIz. It'll never not suck to be The Miz.). Then, at Money in the Bank, loses again to Braun Strohman. Then he has a feud with Baron Corbin which, sure he wins matches against but then he's also getting a bit of the wrong kind of push coming out of it.

Now, let's look at The Undertaker. Guy is way past his prime. Most of his matches lack any energy (as seen by his ten minute trip to the wring at Smackdown 1000) and are over before they even begin. He also only competes with or against the people the company is trying to put over or other part-timers/retired wrestlers. I mean, he's freaking feuding with DX. This isn't the Attitude Era anymore for Christ's sake!

The problem is that Creative is headed by HHH so his friends are always going to get the extra promotion, himself included.  So, the little guy is going to inevitably come off big at first until getting trampled by whoever the company is determined to make you love instead/the guy you loved ten years ago who must be on so many painkillers just to come out to the ring again. Eventually, they get tired and either retire or leave the company for someone else who might know how to use them.

The worst part is that Hunter really has a great eye for talent. He doesn’t have Vince’s big man fetish. He’ll push guys like Kevin Owens and Ciampa and Gargano. But when oil money murderers want HBK and Lesnar, it’s hard to say no to 45 Millions bucks. 

I mean, look at what he has done in NXT, (through no small help from Regal, Albert and *checks notes*... Scotty 2 Hotty? Really?). But without the nostalgia reigning him in, he makes a great product. Hell, look at everyone floundering in the main roster? Owens, Balor, Shinsuke, Joe, Zayn? They were all used better in NXT. 

Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Alistair Black, Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Roderick Strong, Ricochet, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Shayna Baszler, Kairi Sain.  Then you got War Raiders, Keith Lee and Matt Riddle who are all just starting/about to start.   And then there are lovable losers types like Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch.  Chris Hero is there too.

I say this with complete sincerity: I don't think there is anybody on the show that doesn't have something.

3 hours ago, slothian said:

That's a pretty drastic measure of getting over as a face...

It worked, didn’t it?

In all seriousness, I’ve never been Roman’s biggest fan but I wouldn’t wish this on the worst guy in the world. Here’s hoping to a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, Preston said:

It worked, didn’t it?

In all seriousness, I’ve never been Roman’s biggest fan but I wouldn’t wish this on the worst guy in the world. Here’s hoping to a speedy recovery. 

Yeah, without going into specifics, an extremely close family member, as well as one of my cousins, went through lymphoma and that was pretty bleak (both are in remission, thankfully).

Black humour probably not appropriate on my part, but you have to be a pretty despicable wrestling mark to be glad that a wildly misbooked wrestler needs cancer treatment. Seemingly Twitter is being shockingly well-behaved on that front.

I do appreciate what WWE is doing in the wake, here. This is a massive hole to fill.

They lost the top babyface. So, turning Strowman face again? Smart.

Building McIntyre as a monster heel? Smart.

Turning Elias face on Corbin? Brilliant move.

Giving Balor a massive win over Bobby Lashley? Brilliant  

Turning Ambrose on Rollins? Yeah. It seems soon, but in doing so, they’ve created a mega-babyface that could have a great match vs a mega heel. 

RAW is out Reigns, Owens and Lesnar. Which is a big chunk of their main event. Whether they put the belt on Braun or set something up for Survivor Series, this is all really smart booking. 

Realistically, I expect a big Braun win or a screwy finish that ends up in a Survivor Series tournament, (oddly enough on the ten year anniversary of the same thing happening at Survivor Series ‘98.).

In the case of the tourney, I see Balor or McIntyre taking it. (Maybe, MAYBE heel Lashley.) But I honestly hope they put the belt on Braun and keep him face.