Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a terrible Raw. Except for Cody winning a good tag team match, nothing went longer than five minutes, and it just felt like they were phoning it in. The end segment was good, until Cena showed up. And the Mick Foley "This is your life" Segment on John Cena, was only good when Cena's dad showed up to talk to the fans who hate Cena.

3 hours, and not a lot happened. I wish they'd just done another old school raw, like last year. That was awesome.

Former wrestling champ Matt Hardy was kicked out of court-ordered rehab today for failing a breathalyzer test ... this according to multiple sources.

Earlier this year, Hardy was ordered to go to rehab by the court after a string of run-ins with the law.

We're told the staff at the rehab got suspicious of Hardy's behavior on Friday and gave him a breathalyzer test on the spot ... which he failed. According to our sources, Hardy was adamant he wasn't drinking ... and said he only failed because he had "just used mouthwash."

The staff wasn't convinced and gave Hardy the old heave-ho from the facility.

Back in September, the Moore County DA said if Hardy didn't comply with the treatment, he would be put in jail on a million dollar bond. We're told Hardy still had about a month to go before he was through.

Update: Hardy was arrested as soon as he got off a plane tonight in Moore County, NC. He was booked (above) at 1:30AM ET for violation of a court order.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/18/matt-hardy-kicked-out-rehab/#.Tsd26vKoquI

So my Survivor Series thoughts:

- The Crowd. Yes, it was a hot crowd for the most part. However, at times they were distracting.

- The traditional Elimination style match ended correctly. However, everything else was horrible. The start was just weird. The Sin Cara thing happened. And they totally jobbed Ziggler way too early in the match. If you are going to do that, use Hunico, who did nothing else.

- Super Glam Slam looked nifty.

- I liked that they showed the ring being 'reinforced' for the Henry/Show match. The match itself felt really flat, as they were building toward TLC. Big Shows 'flying' elbow was unique tho.

- Punk/Del Rio? Nice to see The Fink make an appearance. I don't know if it is just me, but I have soured on Del Rio. He is missing something. He looks a little sloppy in the ring and every time I see him in a match, something is slightly.. off. And I was really expecting Nash/Johnny Ace/El Santo/Someone to attack Punk while he celebrated. That seems to be their pattern lately.

- The tag match barely held my interest. Yeah, Rock showed he can still move around okay. Yet, the match was just bad. Miz was on fire this time last year and now is just there. I've never been a fan of R-Truth in the ring. Add in both being treated like complete jokes during this entire 'feud' and I don't care. And Cena really needs to react to things with any other emotion than the "aw shucks" smile. Show fire. Show anger. Show something.

All in all, I feel I wasted 3 hours. Watching my fantasy football scores was more entertaining for the most part.

2/10

So my Survivor Series thoughts:

- The Crowd. Yes, it was a hot crowd for the most part. However, at times they were distracting.

- The traditional Elimination style match ended correctly. However, everything else was horrible. The start was just weird. The Sin Cara thing happened. And they totally jobbed Ziggler way too early in the match. If you are going to do that, use Hunico, who did nothing else.

- Super Glam Slam looked nifty.

- I liked that they showed the ring being 'reinforced' for the Henry/Show match. The match itself felt really flat, as they were building toward TLC. Big Shows 'flying' elbow was unique tho.

- Punk/Del Rio? Nice to see The Fink make an appearance. I don't know if it is just me, but I have soured on Del Rio. He is missing something. He looks a little sloppy in the ring and every time I see him in a match, something is slightly.. off. And I was really expecting Nash/Johnny Ace/El Santo/Someone to attack Punk while he celebrated. That seems to be their pattern lately.

- The tag match barely held my interest. Yeah, Rock showed he can still move around okay. Yet, the match was just bad. Miz was on fire this time last year and now is just there. I've never been a fan of R-Truth in the ring. Add in both being treated like complete jokes during this entire 'feud' and I don't care. And Cena really needs to react to things with any other emotion than the "aw shucks" smile. Show fire. Show anger. Show something.

All in all, I feel I wasted 3 hours. Watching my fantasy football scores was more entertaining for the most part.

2/10

I agree with nearly everything you said, except for:

I don't know, I got the feeling Sin Cara was suspended again. It felt too much like what happened at MITB.

Del Rio has been on a downward spiral for me since Wrestlemania. He just doesn't grab my interest, and like you said, he's sloppy in the ring. I just don't care about him. I care more about his announcer than I do Del Rio.

The crowd really helped the PPV. They cheered who they wanted, and let the WWE know, nobody gives a fuck about Mason Ryan. They felt like the old TNA Impact audience. Except, more interested in making the PPV enjoyable, than making themselves an integral part of the show.

The main event tag was alright, not great, they did treat Awesome Truth like jobbers, so, the result was never in question. It was a solid match, I just couldn't care about anything that was happening.

Finally, I think your rating was a bit harsh. I think it was an average PPV, nothing more, nothing less. My favourite match was the elimination tag, and even that was a bit shit. I think 5/10 is a more reasonable rating. There was nothing worthwhile, but at the same time, there soul crushingly dull either.

I thought it was a good show allowing for some flaws. Obviously using Ryder to try and get Johnny Ace heat is stupid, Zack should have been in the match. That being said it was a good contest and Ziggler once again showed how awesome he is. The actual SS match was ok aside from jobbing Ziggler and Sin Cara getting hurt (yes he's genuinely hurt, they wouldn't be talking 6-9 months recovery for a suspension), I especially liked Cody coming out looking like a star and beating Mason Ryan quick. Punk vs Del Rio was worth it for Fink and the celebration, but the match was OK too. Show vs Henry was a spectacle and I don't think it matters that the finish wasn't clean, they're just trying to find things for both men to do and I'm fine with this running another month.

The main event was disappointing in that I expected an actual match, not a glorified public workout. However it's not like Truth and Miz meant anything before that and that's nothing to do with Rock. Given how they've been built I wouldn't have sold for them either. It was worth it when Cena got down from the turnbuckles for the second time after being roundly booed and Rock was just looking at him and shaking his head as if to say "you are the sorriest excuse for a top babyface I've ever seen". Cena's GOT to stop grinning though, it minimises any angle he's in.

I really hope unless they have a big idea for it that they don't. In fact because their ideas suck I really hope they don't have any, they'd probably have Taker ascending to heaven again or something. I mean, both men need to still be alive and around for non-wrestling appearances, so some sort of supernatural gimmick won't work, they'll just have to do a straight match with 15 tombstones at this point.

It's just come out that Linda Bollea received 70% of Hogan's liquid assets ($7.44 million), 40% of his companies, and more.

It's hard to believe that Hogan wasn't worth more, but maybe the settlement from Nick's accident cost them most of it.

He did an interview recently where he talked about his financial problems and he's been through millions and millions over the years. This is just what's left. I do think she deserves to get most of it because they were together for so long and she didn't work. She's got zero skills to make money, and he can still be Hulk Hogan. He doesn't have to pay her any alimony and the kids are grown so once he's rid of her he's free and clear.

It's just come out that Linda Bollea received 70% of Hogan's liquid assets ($7.44 million), 40% of his companies, and more.

It's hard to believe that Hogan wasn't worth more, but maybe the settlement from Nick's accident cost them most of it.

He did an interview recently where he talked about his financial problems and he's been through millions and millions over the years. This is just what's left. I do think she deserves to get most of it because they were together for so long and she didn't work. She's got zero skills to make money, and he can still be Hulk Hogan. He doesn't have to pay her any alimony and the kids are grown so once he's rid of her he's free and clear.

Yeah, if you account for the money he will earn over the next few years her total is probably a smaller %. It's the price he pays for just wanting to be shot of her and not make any alimony payments.

Seriously? I don't mind paying more to get out of alimony, but to say she deserves more because she has no skills is retarded. And don't even use the marriage is a partnership, he earned while she took care of the home argument.. look at their kids, it's not like either of the parents are up for parenting awards.

Sorry, but I'm sick of the talent-less partner making out like a bandit just because they "supported" the person through their success. It's called a marriage, that's what you do. Should I pay my parents, siblings and closest friends half of my earnings because I'm single and rely on them for emotional support?

Seriously? I don't mind paying more to get out of alimony, but to say she deserves more because she has no skills is retarded. And don't even use the marriage is a partnership, he earned while she took care of the home argument.. look at their kids, it's not like either of the parents are up for parenting awards.

Sorry, but I'm sick of the talent-less partner making out like a bandit just because they "supported" the person through their success. It's called a marriage, that's what you do. Should I pay my parents, siblings and closest friends half of my earnings because I'm single and rely on them for emotional support?

I think the point was, he would rather pay a little more now, and be shot of her, than to have to pay her the same amount, but it have it involve inflation, and other issues, and always have the knowledge that no matter whatever he makes in the future, she will have a percentage of it.

The defense, that she stuck with him, is more in the lines of, she was with him for a long time, so would he have made the same amount of money without her love and support, or would he have ended up blowing it all. It's these things that she could use in her defense in court, which would actually do more harm to Hogan, than him just paying her to fuck off ever would.

Also, judges always support the woman, especially in these situations. He was never home, so she would be the one taking care of the kids, and the emotional strain that would have on her. All that shit can be used against Hogan.

He's better than most, but I'll admit that not every match was a classic. Rock really only got consistently great in 2000 in terms of having matches that really stood out, his mania match with Austin at X-7 was way better than 15. The matches with HHH, Benoit, Angle and Jericho during that period were fantastic too. Rock most memorable matches prior to that were what Foley got out of him, and most of that was down to Mick taking a beating.