Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The WHC deal made me utterly sick. The show was redeemed though the Cell, WWE title and Rock vs Cena matches, and having such an up finish to counter it's extremely down start.

I mean, DB has to work there next week, why the FUCK do that to him? What has he ever done to deserve to be treated like Chavo Guerrero?

I don't want to talk about what they did to Cody :cry:

The show was shit till the cell match, that was the only memorable match. The Jericho/Punk match was solid, and The Rock/Cena match was letdown, by a crowd who clearly just wanted to go home, and having to live up to a years worth of hype.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Mania. It just didn't feel like Wrestlemania for some reason.

The Hell in a Cell was great. I'll admit, the Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree near fall had me. I thought Shawn & JR really helped this match tell the story it wanted to tell.

Punk/Jericho was solid with a really good ending. I was not a fan of adding a stipulation right beforehand tho.

Rock/Cena did not hold my interest. They didn't seem to click in my eyes.

As for the WHC match, that pissed me off. However, to play devil's advocate, what do you cut? Rock/Cena & HHH/Taker got 40ish minutes (as they should). Punk/Jericho got 22ish. Kane/Orton & The 12 Man were around 10. Divas & Cody/Show were around 5. So, you look at what else could get cut. The rappers? Yeah, they added nothing, but it is Wrestlemania so you get a musical performance. That leaves Clay, Santino/Foley and the Flo Rida/Heath Slater skit (I never thought I would type that). Added together, that would be 10 minutes and leave the card being nothing but match, video package match, ect.

As for the WHC match, that pissed me off.

The WHC deal made me utterly sick.

I agree with both of you, and not just because I dislike the booking of it. It's a basic issue of treating your customers with respect. How much did Mania cost? $50? $60? If I had purchased the PPV and then got that world title match I would be honked off. A world title match should be a featured match, not an 18 second joke. And I would say that no matter who was in the match.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished the AWA DVD set. That was boring. The documentary was good as usual, but the matches included in the set were horrible. Most had no finish, were joined in progress or were just flat out crap.

Started the King of the Ring set. I saw my first Ahmed Johnson match. I was not disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...