Random wrestling thoughts

Survivor series poster, courtesy of Wrestlezone.com

SurvivorSeriesPoster2008.jpg

Is it just me or is this a bit shit.

Also Gregory Helms is going to go by Hurricane helms again, he's not going to be a superhero though.

I always liked the name Gregory Helms, as it gave his character that "I don't need a gimmick to kick your ass" feel.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I know I said I wasn't gonna get the WWE PPV's anymore but there was nothing else GOOD on tonight.

I can't stand Randy Orton and MVP I kinda wish Big Show would just choke slam them both at the same fucking time

No Mercy was 10x better then Unforgiven

Didn't like the outcome of the Big Show Undertaker Match or the HBK Y2J match

they were both good but the endings sucked.

Question: will MVP be switching brands or be out of WWE anytime soon?

I can't stand Randy Orton and MVP

Which is a credit to how good those two are. Their job is to make you hate them so much, you'll pay to see them be beaten up.

Question: will MVP be switching brands or be out of WWE anytime soon?

I hope not. In almost 2-years, he's evolved from a guy who was getting nothing more than Power Ranger chants to a guy who is on the cusp of becoming a main event talent. He might be the guy who challenges Hun-Tor for the title at Wrestlemania, which would cement his stature in the WWE. Moving him to RAW would not be a good thing, considering the stacked level of upper card heels on the show.

DCAUFan pretty much personifies the casual wrestling fan WWE wants to have. Most of his posts take things from a completely different angle from everyone else, which is actually really refreshing to see.

I haven’t watched wrestling in so long, and I kind of wish I was at the moment, since I’ve always loved heel Jericho. Hearing that HHH has gone to Smackdown seems almost crazy to me.

MVP came very close to getting axed awhile back. The problem is he wasn't getting the reactions he should be as a heel. He would come out to silence. The fued with Matt Hardy saved him. If they can figure out how to use him he'll be fine.

If he switches brands it should be to ECW. He can continue his Hardy feud and he'll get a tryout as a main event talent.

Guest DCAUFan1051
DCAUFan pretty much personifies the casual wrestling fan WWE wants to have. Most of his posts take things from a completely different angle from everyone else, which is actually really refreshing to see.

I haven’t watched wrestling in so long, and I kind of wish I was at the moment, since I’ve always loved heel Jericho. Hearing that HHH has gone to Smackdown seems almost crazy to me.

thanks AJR,

yeah I've always been a wrestling "fanboy" I know some of it is real but most of it is soap operaish.

I actually was at the Boston Garden with my dad when Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper had their feud back in the late 80's early 90's.

I started getting into WWE again in 2001-2002. I liked the Hardy Boys as a Tag Team loved Stone Cold then my interest started to fall off after 2002. I hadn't started watching again until 2007 when I ordered Wrestlemania 23 for a friend. I got back into it and have been watching ever since. It's just Unforgiven last month was awful. However No Mercy was 10x better as I said before. If you look in the earlier pages of this thread I've listed my favorite superstars and the ones I can't stand.

I like being a fan of WWE and not getting into the technical aspects of why they change brands or leave WWE all together.

:D

A decent number of posters here post at the oratory; a board dedicated to wrestling discussion. So everyone's used to talking about the technical aspects of wrestling. Besides, wouldn’t it be more satisfying to see MVP built up into a big threat, only to be taken down by, say, Undertaker in a major feud? Or you’d rather see him slip away without being taken out?

Taker shouldn't be fueding with young stars like MVP, when is the last time a UTaker fued put over a young guy? He's on his way out now so save him for Mania and like someone end the streak and then he can go for good.

Oi! I was just using the first big name face that came to mind for a hypothetical situation. I’m not actually proposing that they should feud.

Taker shouldn't be fueding with young stars like MVP, when is the last time a UTaker fued put over a young guy? He's on his way out now so save him for Mania and like someone end the streak and then he can go for good.

The plans for DiBiase to beat Taker at Mania, though that may change.

DiBiase is the next Randy Orton, and Rhodes will make a good IC champ.

How was No Mercy anyway?

The plans for DiBiase to beat Taker at Mania, though that may change.

DiBiase is the next Randy Orton, and Rhodes will make a good IC champ.

How was No Mercy anyway?

This late in the year I can't see any way that Dibiase will be ready to even be a credible challenger for Mania, let alone be the man to break the streak.

No Mercy was great, mainly due to two high quality main events.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Yes I agree No Mercy was excellent

I don't think anyone will ever break the UTaker WM streak lol

Even though I wasn't a big fan of the Batista Wars they were excellent matches and I'd like to see an uninterrupted UTaker/Batista Match again DAMN you Edge.

Maybe bring back Stone Cold 4 WM XXV??????

On the MVP issue I just can't stand him he's tooo arrogant he may even be more arrogant then Randy Orton.

If they do end up axing MVP I want him in a "Hell in a Cell" match with Big Show where he just gets his ass handed to him. Or a HIACell Handicap Match with Big Show and Mark Henry whopping MVP's ass

He was practically a face during the whole Matt Hardy tag run, not to mention that he's been teasing a face turn forever.

His character would work fine. Cool, cocky guy that makes fun of the heels on the mic. It's been done before.

He was a face not because he was meant to act that way, but because he was meant to lure Hardy into a false sense of security so he keep his US title.

The Rock when he was a face, never claimed to be the highest paid performer on the show.

WWE has done bugger all with MVP since he lost the US title that is significant and that's a shame. He should've won MITB

It was announced on tonight's edition of Raw that Santino Marella will face one of the former Intercontinental Champions at Cyber Sunday later this month: Roddy Piper, Goldust, Honky Tonk Man

Wait, Goldust is in TNA right? So it's either Piper or Honky Tonk Man.

Please be Honky Tonk Man. That would make the Honkameter actually relevant.

Tell me if anybody else noticed this:

The graphic of the darked out winner of the Marella vote was obviously Stone Cold even though he wasn't one of the choices. There were Stone Cold signs in the front row. Stone Cold was announced as one of the guest referee choices. The movie following Raw was The Condemned starring Stone Cold. Could they beat us over head any more with who to vote for?

I doubt Khali's wife would be happy with what happened tonight, but Ranjin Singh saying "the great Khali says he'll call you" was the greatest line he could have said right then.

The Cryme Tyme/ Morrison/ Miz Yo Momma jokes were really annoying during a match and should never be done again.

Kane looks to have lost weight as his gut is smaller. He still shouldn't be feuding with Mysterio and probably belongs on ECW.

Raw still isn't the powerhouse show it used to be. They need Cena so bad right now. They have the 3 biggest heels all involved with Batista right now.

Tony Atlas looks like he can still wrestle. He is ripped up.

Manu is horrible. If he wasn't Afa's son he wouldn't be in the WWE.

Charlie Haas was Piper in a dark match with Dolph Ziggler. That match should have been on tv instead of the woman's match they had. Haas is so over right now why would they not put him on tv?