Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thoughts on the last episode of NXT season 2 as I watch.

This show needs new music yesterday.

Mannequin woman announces everyone. Same exact opening of every show. How in the blue fuck is Joe Hennig still here? Funny how he comes out after Cole talks about Low-ki lacking charisma.

Eliminated rookies are at ringside. Percy is the only guy that gets a reaction. Everyone's wearing a suit except Lucky. That's strangely appropriate.

Kelly fucking Kelly doing a promo. Kelly fucking Kelly reading from a teleprompter as fast as she possibly can. Kelly fucking Kelly is someone's pro.

Her girl is Naomi. She's hot and actually looks like an athlete, so it's something.

Kaval vs Riley vs Beulah's Son

Best part of this was the camera shot of Layla from behind. Seriously, this match is a mess. Everyone was stepping all over each other. Triple Threats are a bitch to do in the first place, and Kaval and Riley would have had a better singles match. Okay, Cole high-fiving Miz was pretty funny. Hennig runs mild on Riley for a while, until Kaval wrecks everyone's shit and they do the same exact same "steal the pin" finish that every single three way in wrestling has had for the past five years.

Alicia introduces her chick. I think this is the first time they've ever let her cut a promo. She's not bad, honestly. Her girl is Maxine. I wasn't impressed.

Goldust introduces Aksana. Close your eyes and imagine a blond with big boobs and nothing to say. Yup, that's her.

Striker asks the rejects who they think should win. Titus and Eli pick Riley. Lucky finally gets the hint weeks too late and turns heel. Percy picks McGuillicutty with all the excitement of a 1st grader going to the dentist. Husky picks the guy that should be sitting in his seat in the crowd and then they go to the elimination.

Riley is gone and Miz has a fantastic freak out. Great promo by Riley before he leaves.

How in the blue fuck is Joe Hennig still here?

The Bellas are talking. Why are the Bellas talking? They shouldn't be talking, they should be... doing something that isn't talking. Or wrestling. Their girl is the announcer chick that looks like Brooke Hogan. Close your eyes and imagine a blond with big boobs and nothing to say. Yup, that's her.

Footage of the China tour. Looked awesome.

Hey, Primo's still employed. His girl is A.J. Oh my drunken jesus, she's the hottest of the group by a mile. Also the best worker from what I've heard. They're giving her a "nerd" gimmick, which I see being dropped very quickly.

Kaval/McGuillibuddy promo battle. Kaval MURDERS him. They're still mopping up all the blood.

Fucks sake. Vickie is a pro. Her girl is Aloisia. Close your eyes and imagine a bl-holy fuckballs that woman is huge. Originally they were going to have eight women, but this chick ate the other two, apparently.

Kaval wins in the least surprising decision ever. Joe can't even act pissed off correctly. Yeah, good idea, give him the mic again.

After that we get Nexus version 2.0. Percy fucking Watson is now a heel. Riley and Hennig come back. Why is Riley attacking Percy? This is an absolute clusterfuck. Didn't they learn their lesson the first time? Wait, this is wrestling. No one ever learns anything.

Next season is going to get one episode out of morbid curiosity, then I'm probably done.

After that we get Nexus version 2.0. Percy fucking Watson is now a heel. Riley and Hennig come back. Why is Riley attacking Percy? This is an absolute clusterfuck. Didn't they learn their lesson the first time? Wait, this is wrestling. No one ever learns anything.

That bothered me as well. Both Raw and nXt felt like they were being booked by TNA to me. So much going on, and so little of it actually being any good.

The stand out was the Miz's tag match on Raw.

I am really liking Alberto Del Rios right now. Especially the little things he does:

On this weeks Smackdown at the opener:

On Smackdown, Christian challenged him to a fight, and rather than do the heelish thing, of running away and getting a cheap shot in, he actually said another time. He then walked away from the ring, and stopped being angry, smiled and pointed at Christian and started saying something. Before McIntyre clocked Christian from behind.

I think Del Rios is playing a smart heel, which I love, a real villain would only get their hands dirty when they have to, they would let others do the work for them. Or play mind games. When Del Rios stops being angry and just smiles almost saying "Oh, its on now....my friend" you can almost feel that he is going to do something really evil, like a real bastard would.

Its a change of pace from the Kane/Big Show heels and McIntyre/Sheamus heels right now, and I for one am loving it.

It would appear that Aloisia has been pulled from appearing on the third season of NXT as the official WWE website issued a statement this afternoon indicating that the 6-foot-9 Rookie Diva was fired by her Pro, Vickie Guerrero.

Guerrero's new Rookie Diva will be announced on the NXT season three premiere this Tuesday night on Syfy.

Earlier today, WWE.com removed all mentions of Aloisa promoting the new season of NXT, prompting speculation that she had been removed from the program.

WWE's statement reads:

Vickie Guerrero fires NXT Rookie Diva Aloisia

Written: September 3, 2010

WWE Pro Vickie Guerrero has fired her NXT season three Rookie Diva, Aloisia.

Various sources are reporting that Guerrero, the temperamental Official Consultant of SmackDown, had an argument with her 6-foot-9 Rookie Diva over Vickie’s influence over Aloisia.

The news has left WWE NXT season three shaken before it’s even started. But when reached for comment, Guerrero stated she would reveal her new Rookie Diva on the WWE NXT season three premiere this Tuesday night at 10 p.m. ET on Syfy.

Source

TNA PPV tonight, got to say, I'm looking forward to it, not because it'll be a good wrestling show, just to see how they try and make signing Carlito, who was sacked by WWE for drug use, and all round being a miserable prick, a big fucking deal.

This is going to change the face of TNA forever!

TNA PPV tonight, got to say, I'm looking forward to it, not because it'll be a good wrestling show, just to see how they try and make signing Carlito, who was sacked by WWE for drug use, and all round being a miserable prick, a big fucking deal.

This is going to change the face of TNA forever!

And now for the fun:

The following has been posted on TNA's official Facebook page:

"Important Update: Due to a personal issue, London Brawling (Wolfe & Magnus) will not be at tonight's No Surrender PPV. However, based on their strong showing in a recent non-title match on iMPACT!, Generation Me will now get a shot at the gold against the Machineguns tonight on PPV!"

Source

I don't mind the change, as it will probably be a good match, but Generation Me are the jobber team of TNA. They lost easily to Doug Williams in a handicapped match.

I think it'll be a better match, and they can build London Brawling for a shot at the champs on a show that matters. Isn't a big PPV coming up soon?

Yeah, Bound For Glory is next month. Which is TNA's Wrestlemania style show. The thing is, Dixie has actually said she doesn't see PPV's as a viable market, so chances are, the match with London Brawling will probably be on iMPACT.

Dixie has actually said she doesn't see PPV's as a viable market

Someone should tell that to UFC.

I was going to say, a TV wrestling product that doesn't see PPV as a viable market is like a sandwich shop that thinks bread is overrated. PPV isn't viable for TNA because they make a shit product thus no-one want to pay for it. It's not brain science.

I was going to say, a TV wrestling product that doesn't see PPV as a viable market is like a sandwich shop that thinks bread is overrated. PPV isn't viable for TNA because they make a shit product thus no-one want to pay for it. It's not brain science.

Exactly. Going off your metaphor, TNA is a sandwich shop doesn't recognize that a Dagwood is not a real viable sandwich. Sure, you can put on three feet of ingredients but if you can't eat it, what's the point, especially if instead of trying to use a good bread that accents the tastes of your ingredients, you use the cheap ass white-bread that can't even keep a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich together correctly. Also, you're pretty positive that the ham came from the dumpster of that better deli down the street.