Random wrestling thoughts

Everything that's bad about reheating ECW in TNA aside, at least Tommy Dreamer is trying to update himself somewhat, new gear, new beard, at least I don't feel like I'm watching a guy who thinks the audience paid to watch his weak-ass WWE incarnation and that changing it would rob the audience.

edit: scratch that, Tommy just took off his shirt and his new ring gear looks like a low-rent sub-indy shit. You couldn't get away with that in a Brazilian street festival.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything that's bad about reheating ECW in TNA aside, at least Tommy Dreamer is trying to update himself somewhat, new gear, new beard, at least I don't feel like I'm watching a guy who thinks the audience paid to watch his weak-ass WWE incarnation and that changing it would rob the audience.

edit: scratch that, Tommy just took off his shirt and his new ring gear looks like a low-rent sub-indy shit. You couldn't get away with that in a Brazilian street festival.

Dreamer was given the 3 on 1 comeback treatment on iMPACT so don't think he thinks he's better than he is.

The PPV was so depressing that I had to turn it off last night. The Jobber-ation Me match was very disappointing and the iMPACT zone fans actually seemed like normal wrestling fans in that they mostly sat still and said nothing.

Exactly. Going off your metaphor, TNA is a sandwich shop doesn't recognize that a Dagwood is not a real viable sandwich. Sure, you can put on three feet of ingredients but if you can't eat it, what's the point, especially if instead of trying to use a good bread that accents the tastes of your ingredients, you use the cheap ass white-bread that can't even keep a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich together correctly. Also, you're pretty positive that the ham came from the dumpster of that better deli down the street.

Best TNA analogy ever.

I was going to say, a TV wrestling product that doesn't see PPV as a viable market is like a sandwich shop that thinks bread is overrated. PPV isn't viable for TNA because they make a shit product thus no-one want to pay for it. It's not brain science.

Dixie said during the same interview, which was her famous youshoot interview, that she would doesn't see why fans should have to pay to see the matches, both on PPV and actually attending the shows.

Making fun of TNA isn't even funny anymore.

She is the anti-Vince McMahon. She's nice, but quite simply the single WORST business person I've ever heard of. If she was a producer on Kevin Costner's Waterworld she would take a look at what it made and immediately co-finance filming of several more expensive sequels and then give away all the tickets to see them free.

I just found out Rhino is 34. Jesus Christ, he's so young, and yet had a long career. I would have thought he was at least 5 years older than that.

Yeah, he came up with Edge and Christian. He was practically a kid when he started in ECW.

Alright, I have no clue how I sat through that.

Naomi's winning. She's the second best wrestler and got over immediately.

Kaitlyn's different, in a good way. Not sure what to make of her, but seems like the most interesting personality of the group.

Jamie will be back to announcing sooner than later.

Maxine will do well in a manager role, but has nothing in the ring.

Aksana will be the first one cut. They already have a blond with an accent and she's the worst worker by a mile.

A.J. is the best in-ring of the six. She was visibly pissed after Aksana botched a leg drop and sat right on her head. She'll probably last the longest.

I though NXT was pretty harmless overall. The Kaitlyn/Vickie thing is going to be fun, the matches are going to be entertainingly terrible, although its important to note that the botched finishes were not the fault of AJ or Naomi on this show. The dance off was gut-wrenchingly shit TV but the physical challenge was really good, the crowd got into it in a big way by the end, and Naomi came off as the clear star.

Man I wish that girl would dress better though. Her Owen Hart & Koko B Ware High Energy neon ring gear was bad (I'd already seen it in FCW), but the PVC bodysuit she wore at the start of the show was actually even worse.

I though NXT was pretty harmless overall. The Kaitlyn/Vickie thing is going to be fun, the matches are going to be entertainingly terrible, although its important to note that the botched finishes were not the fault of AJ or Naomi on this show. The dance off was gut-wrenchingly shit TV but the physical challenge was really good, the crowd got into it in a big way by the end, and Naomi came off as the clear star.

But the question is, are you going to stay with the show for the next several weeks?

But the question is, are you going to stay with the show for the next several weeks?

Honestly, it'll take a literal shit-storm of bad to drive me off watching my regular wrestling shows. TNA impact managed it, but since I like to stay up to date through F4W/WON I'll at least be watching the highlights of NXT every week, even if I skip the shitty promos and embarrassing contests.

Honestly, it'll take a literal shit-storm of bad to drive me off watching my regular wrestling shows. TNA impact managed it, but since I like to stay up to date through F4W/WON I'll at least be watching the highlights of NXT every week, even if I skip the shitty promos and embarrassing contests.

So, you'll watch five minutes a week :P

So, you'll watch five minutes a week :P

Well that's only about 5-10 minutes down from what I was watching when Kaval and Daniel Bryan were in it. I tend to skip shit involving people I don't care about.

I saw two nights of Dragon Gate this weekend. I spent way too much money. I regret NOTHING.

Frankly, if I could only attend the live events of one wrestling company for the rest of my life, it would absolutely be Dragon Gate. The best matches, characters that transcend the language barrier and the best matches I have EVER seen. Plus their main champ (PAC) is British, and in the last year has become utterly phenomenal in the ring, dude has gymnastic skills that no-one else in wrestling can touch as far as I've seen. Plus, and I don't agree with this, but the dude is roided up to the gills and completely massive, and its only made him more agile and polished.

Screw all other wrestling. When in the middle of a 6 man tag two guys hold another upsidedown on his head and hold his legs apart, whilst a third limbers up and delivers a high arc crescent kick to the balls, you know you've seen everything that could ever happen in that ring. Then they do ten things even better.

Recently cut WWE NXT 3 Diva Aloisia, real name Lindsay Hayward, has confirmed to DivaDirt.com that she has indeed been released by WWE. The report states, "It had previously been reported that Aloisia would stay under a developmental deal and train in FCW after being pulled from the third season of NXT. However, it is now evident that she has been released from WWE entirely.

Source

You know, if it wasn't for the crap Kane/Undertaker feud. I would say I really enjoy Smackdown these days. Long matches, and mostly no crap storylines. The other sad thing is seeing how WWE have lost all interest in Swagger so quickly.

Oh, and I am officially done with TNA, it has gotten beyond a joke now, its not even funny, just depressing to watch.

Read Countdown to Lockdown. By far the worst book Foley's ever written.

Very little in terms of actual wrestling talk, and what's there feels more and more like the rantings of an out of touch madman no longer even trying to justify why he's destroying his body and drawing no money for TNA.

Read Countdown to Lockdown. By far the worst book Foley's ever written.

Very little in terms of actual wrestling talk, and what's there feels more and more like the rantings of an out of touch madman no longer even trying to justify why he's destroying his body and drawing no money for TNA.

Didn't the back cover say this was him coming out of retirement in TNA for Lockdown? Which was an out and out lie, as he'd competed for TNA in January that year.

Also, no one can draw in TNA. For some reason that company can make real money out of anyone, they have a fantastic roster, who no one cares about.