Random wrestling thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Linda enjoyed wasting those millions of dollars.

In fairness, even in a Republican year with a very flawed opponent ("from my days serving in Vietnam") it's a deep blue state. Any Republican in Connecticut is fighting an uphill (if not Quixotic) battle. Remember four years ago, the Republican finished dead last in a 3-way race. Lieberman now represents the Sore Loser Party in the Senate.

It would have been really funny to see her serve alongside Lieberman, given Lieberman's long history of preening for the cameras by standing against media violence for the children!!!

I did think her statements on the minimum wage were courageous.

I'm halfway through Bret Harts autobiography, and he really is up his own arse isn't he? He at one point compared himself to Jesus, and pretty much implied he was Jesus. Its an enjoyable read, if to see Bret pretty much bury everyone, but make himself look like a fucking hero, which is usually what happens in these books.

Unless that bragger is Bret fucking Hart am I right?

Even Bret Hart doesn't need to make himself look THAT good. Also, he repeatedly justified cheating on his wife in the book, and just how awesome he is.

I just watched Wrestling With Shadows again the other day and he acts like that in it. He makes my head hurt talking about how great he is.

I'm just about where the documentary took place in the book. That will be an interesting part. Unless he skims over it, like he did the Jerry Lawler feud, in favour of making the book a diary, and describing all the woman he's banged.

And he was one of the greatest ever, no doubt about it.

He doesn't need to talk about how great he is, because everyone already knows.

No one likes a bragger.

Its not as much bragging, as it is him putting everyone down, but still maintaining he was better than everyone. His wife was a moody bitch, and all he could do, while she had the kids, was shag random woman.

Unless that bragger is Bret fucking Hart am I right?

Even if it is Bret Hart. Watching/reading someone blather about how great he is is annoying even if the person actually is great.

If you're truly great, you don't need to blow your own horn. People will know.

I'm kinda digging WWE's nostalgia night tonight.

They need to keep that set permanently. Looks so much better than the overblown setup they usually have.

While they're at it, every show should end with a Roddy Piper promo selling the PPV.

Survivor Series has been fucking crap so far. I also miss the old PPV sets, which all felt different, and looked like they made a serious effort to make them see at least a little special. Now the sets all feel like Raw/Smackdown sets.

Crap? You post this after the first four matches were:

-Bryan/DiBiase, which was great

-Morrison/Sheamus, which was great

-Kaval/Ziggler, which was great

-Survivor Series match, which was great.

Granted it leveled off from there but if you didn't like the front half of this PPV I'm not sure you enjoy good wrestling sir.

Survivor Series has been fucking crap so far. I also miss the old PPV sets, which all felt different, and looked like they made a serious effort to make them see at least a little special. Now the sets all feel like Raw/Smackdown sets.

Crap? You post this after the first four matches were:

-Bryan/DiBiase, which was greatEnded out of nowhere

-Morrison/Sheamus, which was greatEnded out of nowhere

-Kaval/Ziggler, which was greatBest match of night, not saying much

-Survivor Series match, which was great.I disagree. Wasn't any good.

Granted it leveled off from there but if you didn't like the front half of this PPV I'm not sure you enjoy good wrestling sir.

I do enjoy good wrestling. If it wasn't for Bryan seemingly getting injured in the DiBiase match, I would have thought that would have been an awesome match, but sadly the theme of the PPV seemed to be end everything out of nowhere with no rhyme or reason.