Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still on my continuing quest to watch all the wrestling I have on DVD. I think I will finish sometime in 2024, but progress is progress.

Which brings me to the disc I just finished. Bloodsport: The Most Violent Matches of ECW Disc 1. This, with one exception, was a horrid thing to watch. As I think I said about the Greastest Wrestlers of the 80s DVD, this was an interesting look into the history of wrestling. Like it or not, ECW has a place in history. But, I still don't have to like it.

I was not a fan of wrestling while ECW was around. I think the first I knew of them was when Tazz showed up with the ECW belt on Smackdown. So, I bought this DVD years ago so see what it was all about. And what I saw was shit.

The only match I enjoyed was a four corners match of Chris Jericho vs. Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Pitbull #2. Why did I enjoy it? Beyond a bit at the end, they stayed away from the hardcore. The other matches? Way too much hardcore for me. Now, complaining about the violence on a DVD that promotes the most violent matches is a bit stupid. I get that.

But, I don't think I can watch these type of matches anymore. I used to enjoy a hardcore match here and there as little as five years ago. Heck, I was always entertained by an IWA:MS match that had two guys throw VCRs at each others heads. But after all we have learned about concussions and head trauma, I just can't. I cannot watch a match that has Sabu and RVD throwing chairs at each others heads and get enjoyment out of it.

I cannot remember what match it was, but during this DVD Joey Styles says the following "That chair shot was delivered C.O.D. Concussion On Delivery.". That really didn't sit well with me as it just gave the impression that the ECW crew didn't take the dangers of concussions seriously. Granted, they didn't know what we know now, but that doesn't make it any less unsettling. And honestly, I don't think that knowledge would have made any difference.

So, I am going to put this DVD back on the shelf and watch many other DVDs before I even attempt to get through disc 2.

Still on my continuing quest to watch all the wrestling I have on DVD. I think I will finish sometime in 2024, but progress is progress.

Which brings me to the disc I just finished. Bloodsport: The Most Violent Matches of ECW Disc 1. This, with one exception, was a horrid thing to watch. As I think I said about the Greastest Wrestlers of the 80s DVD, this was an interesting look into the history of wrestling. Like it or not, ECW has a place in history. But, I still don't have to like it.

I was not a fan of wrestling while ECW was around. I think the first I knew of them was when Tazz showed up with the ECW belt on Smackdown. So, I bought this DVD years ago so see what it was all about. And what I saw was shit.

The only match I enjoyed was a four corners match of Chris Jericho vs. Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Pitbull #2. Why did I enjoy it? Beyond a bit at the end, they stayed away from the hardcore. The other matches? Way too much hardcore for me. Now, complaining about the violence on a DVD that promotes the most violent matches is a bit stupid. I get that.

But, I don't think I can watch these type of matches anymore. I used to enjoy a hardcore match here and there as little as five years ago. Heck, I was always entertained by an IWA:MS match that had two guys throw VCRs at each others heads. But after all we have learned about concussions and head trauma, I just can't. I cannot watch a match that has Sabu and RVD throwing chairs at each others heads and get enjoyment out of it.

I cannot remember what match it was, but during this DVD Joey Styles says the following "That chair shot was delivered C.O.D. Concussion On Delivery.". That really didn't sit well with me as it just gave the impression that the ECW crew didn't take the dangers of concussions seriously. Granted, they didn't know what we know now, but that doesn't make it any less unsettling. And honestly, I don't think that knowledge would have made any difference.

So, I am going to put this DVD back on the shelf and watch many other DVDs before I even attempt to get through disc 2.

That DVD is a pile of shit. I bought it when it came out years ago. The links between the matches between Taz and Styles is just dull. I only bought it cause the last DVD of ECW (The most extreme matches) was awesome, and not only had the violent matches, but actually had the genuinely enjoyable matches from ECW.

WWE.com has reported the following:

"World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar MVP as of December 2, 2010. WWE wishes MVP the best in all future endeavors."

"I'm goin!"

Earlier this evening ProWrestling.net and PWInsider.com posted conflicting reports about TNA management having concern for Jeff Hardy backstage at Final Resolution today.

WrestleZone has confirmed there was definitely "100 percent, no doubt about it" concern this afternoon over the condition of Jeff Hardy backstage at the TNA "Final Resolution" pay per view.

"TNA had a decision to make this afternoon. Either send Jeff out to the ring, knowing the example it sets, or send him home and do damage control," a key TNA insider told us, "they are keeping him because that's the damage control they came up with."

Jeff's condition backstage, which was described as "another You Tube video ready to happen" is ironic, considering he is scheduled for his next hearing on several drug charges this Wednesday in Moore County, North Carolina.

I will admit that I was interested in the Cena/Nexus storyline when Cena was fired. I will admit to liking the Cena promo the next night. I will admit to thinking they would do something interesting. But no. What we get is something that I feel actively insults us. This is just bad. So very bad.

Listing to my ipod on random and Gangrel's theme song played. And this got me thinking about current entrance themes, specifically TNA. I cannot remember any of them beyond Mickie James (which is not because it is good). But I can still remember it.

I think of a TNA wrestler and I don't have a clue, just vague ideas. Conversely, I can remember most of the WWE themes and hear them in my head. When thinking about why, the only thing I could really come up with is that TNA music lack lyrics? I ask that as a question because I am not even sure about that. The only themes I can think of with words are Mickie James & Jeff Hardy.

I think of a TNA wrestler and I don't have a clue, just vague ideas. Conversely, I can remember most of the WWE themes and hear them in my head. When thinking about why, the only thing I could really come up with is that TNA music lack lyrics? I ask that as a question because I am not even sure about that. The only themes I can think of with words are Mickie James & Jeff Hardy.

His theme has words......six of them.

Guest TFG1Mike

So I'm catching up with RAW by watching USA's breif recap show AM RAW..... everyone here knows or should know I'm more of a general Wrestling Fan. So a few questions:

Why the hell is a broadcaster getting involved with non broadcast stuff? I didn't so much mind Cole on the mic, but this is nuts.

The first time I saw The Miz aka Mike Mizanin was on The Real World Season 10. At that time he said his ultimate goal was to be WWE Champ. Well now he is so when's his wrestling career gonna end?

I don't so much mind him, but it seems like he's come full circle.

Also are we ever gonna find out who the RAW GM is? Or is that gimmick gonna be driven into the ground?

I still can't believe they wouldn't let Jerry Lawler have one awesome achievement that he had never had before. I hated that ep of RAW.

Re TNA Themes I'll give you both of those, but to be fair AJ's had basically the same theme for the last 7 years so you'd hope people would know it. Same goes for Jeff Jarrett's My World theme. On Joe I can't give TNA any credit at all, since the monster music at the start was something he'd been using since he was champ in ROH, years before TNA got their hands on him. It was WAY more effective back then too, his reign in that company was legendary.

Mind you back before they had to ditch all licensed music to be on TV ROH had the best all around music of any company, just like ECW did back in the day. Punk's Miseria Cantare by AFI, Jimmy Rave's House of the Rising Sun by the Animals, James Gibson's Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr.

So I'm catching up with RAW by watching USA's breif recap show AM RAW..... everyone here knows or should know I'm more of a general Wrestling Fan. So a few questions:

1.Why the hell is a broadcaster getting involved with non broadcast stuff? I didn't so much mind Cole on the mic, but this is nuts.

2. The first time I saw The Miz aka Mike Mizanin was on The Real World Season 10. At that time he said his ultimate goal was to be WWE Champ. Well now he is so when's his wrestling career gonna end?

I don't so much mind him, but it seems like he's come full circle.

3. Also are we ever gonna find out who the RAW GM is? Or is that gimmick gonna be driven into the ground?

4. I still can't believe they wouldn't let Jerry Lawler have one awesome achievement that he had never had before. I hated that ep of RAW.

1. Because Cole is the Miz's #1 fan, and wanted to make sure he wouldn't lose. Also, Cole as the GM's voice, is the most over heel on Raw right now.

2. His career won't end for years, as he is not even at his best yet, he'll be around for a good few years, as he proved everyone wrong, and he's on the verge of being a millionaire because of all this. And he has come full circle, he came in with a goal to be awesome, and he's done that. He's a great heel.

3. The Raw GM is the hottest heel in WWE with Vickie Guerrero and nobody else gets near those reactions anymore. I think WWE will be playing around with the GM for at least another month.

4. The King/Miz match was awesome. It had a slow build, and you really thought King could win as the match went on, which going in, looked impossible. I understand how you can be shocked at the finish, but that's what makes the Miz a great villain, he barely got out of there with the belt, and you thought King would win, making you hate the Miz more.