The Law & Order Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm very surprised that James hasn't started this thread and I looked throughout the general discussion topics and nothing on Law & Order. I'm mainly starting this because I love SVU I just got the L&O SVU: Year One DVD's today.

Compared to watching the most recent seasons of SVU to year one wow!!! they look so much younger yes I know it was a million and a half years ago when this show started but still it's strange seeing them in their younger years. Captain Cragen was more of a jokester at least in the first episode I just started watching the DVD set.

I love the original Law & Order R.I.P. Jerry Orbach :cry::cry:

however this past season I started not watching it. UGH I'm not thrilled that Van Buren and McCoy are really the only 2 "originals" left anyways that's my 2 cents for now hope all you closet Law & Order Fans post or read the thread.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I was wondering when you were going to post here james lmao

I'm so worried about the upcoming season of SVU the way they left it off last year dunno wgho will be returning or still working together as partners in the stories. I've COMPLETELY STOPPED watching the original L&O don't like anthony anderson or jeremy shitsto in those roles :no:

I soooo miss Jerry Orbach him and jesse L martin were actually on the SVU Year One DVD'sa as guest stars because the shows were crossing over that was cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I can't wait until the fuckin election bullshit is over every Tuesday for the past 2 weeks SVU has been interrupted because of these goddamn debates they should just have the debates on CNN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

HELP James:

OK I'm confused as hell.......

I just saw an ad on the USA Network saying that the L&O: CI season premiere was this week but I could have sworn that they'd already had a season premiere. And yes while I know NBC owns USA why in the sam hell isn't CI on NBC itself?? Did it not do well in the ratings? And apparently Jeff Goldblum is joining the cast..... hmmm not a person I'd think to be on a L&O show but oh well.

So is it my imagination or are they doubling up the season premiere of this L&O incarnation?

I haven't ven paid any attention to that show's or the original's storyline I just watch faithfully SVU.

But I had to ask WTF is going on lol

Guest DCAUFan1051

ok thanks......

It seems to me that the USA Preimeres and Finales run a shows season short...... by that I mean they could start a new season in march and the finale would be in july that's an awfully short time to run a "season"

oh well looking forward to SVU tonight.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I liked Law and Order way back when it started. Now there are countless copies, and how many versions of the show now? I'm waiting for Law and Order: Anal Rape Division. It will be about the criminals they caught after they go to prison.

lol Jack..... here are the incarnations as I know them:

Law & Order Jerry Orbach/Sam Watterston

Law & Order Special Victims Unit

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Law & Order: Trial By Jury (cancelled)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm not sure if I can continue to watch tonight's SVU..... because it's got to do with animal smuggling and they showed rare birds I hate birds up close I was attacked by a bird once not a good thing.

• 1 year later...
S. Epatha Merkerson to Leave Law & Order After 16 Years

By Kate Stanhope

After 16 years, S. Epatha Merkerson is leaving Law & Order at the end of this season, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

"It's a graceful way to go. It's the end of my contract this year, and the story line has been so perfect," the 57-year-old actress told Entertainment Weekly, which first reported the news. "I've given it my best for 16 years. It's time to move on. I'm doing other things and this will be a great way to leave what has been an extraordinary gig."

Merkerson, whose character was diagnosed with cancer earlier this season, says she doesn't know yet if Lt. Van Buren will live or die. "Van Buren is a hell of a character. However they decide to take her out, it'll be worthy of the character," she told EW. "Either way, it'll be great for me because I get to act it."

Although the fate of Law & Order — now in Season 20 — is also in question, the longtime cast member has faith it will return. "They say that every other year and the show always comes back," she told EW of the series, which is poised to break Gunsmoke's record for longest-running prime-time drama if it is renewed. "It's a great show. It's well-written. It has great integrity. It has a huge following."

Merkerson, who won an Emmy, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her performance in the 2005 HBO film Lackawanna Blues, said she's next producing and directing a documentary.

"It's exciting for me to be able to learn new things, she said. "I'm sure it will be emotional, but right now I'm just really happy for having had the opportunity."

NBC refused to comment on Merkerson's departure.

Source

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Who is the DA in SVU now, or are they not doing the whole trial part of that show anymore? If Meloni is leaving, it's probably a mute point anyway I guess.

I'm not sure who is the DA or any of the ADA's on SVU haven't kept up with the current season.

Oh andI've heard CI is being cancelled. I thought there was a story on it but the link appears to be broken.

• 11 months later...
Guest TFG1Mike

I am super stoked Tonight at 9pm eastern 8 central Criminal Intent's Final Season starts on USA. Detectives Robert Goren and Alexandra Eames return and Jay Mohar guest stars!

• 3 months later...
Guest TFG1Mike

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Law & Order: The Complete Series DVD Set 104 DVDs at $699.99 MSRP

The cost is $699.99 SRP, which sounds like a lot of course. But let's do the math and keep it in perspective: at 104 DVDs in the set (and each one holding an average of 4 "hour-long" episodes), the $699.99 list price breaks down to just $6.73 per disc. That's far cheaper than most consumers pay for a single-disc release of a recent theatrical film which clocks in at less than half the running time. And it also breaks down to $40 per season, which is quite reasonable for an hour-long show. Plus, don't forget that the above is the LIST price; retailers (such as Amazon.com) will definitely discount it by quite a bit. Our guess (and it's just a guess!) is that the "street price" (i.e., the price you pay) is probably going to end up being closer to $500-ish (about $25 per season, and under $5 per disc).

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Most people that love L&O already have all the DVD sets. Well at least the ones that are out on DVD.